2022 Prospect Poll #7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sabres' #7 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
I’m sure there’s some of that but I wouldn’t vote either of them over Kulich or Ostlund if I knew they were signing. Especially Portillo. Johnson should go either next or the pick after. And that seems right to me.
I think for me I look at both raw talent....and how it has developed so far. Johnson for example never had a high ceiling, but his floor now is probably a solid third pairing d-man, with a second pairing upside. That known development places him at a higher point as a prospect than a high ceiling raw talent.....that we do not even know is likely to make it to the NHL. By that argument he would place higher.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I think we will see quite a bit of how they are progressing at the Prospect Tourney. The Development camp was just that ….Development and seeing what pro hockey is like. I’ll bet you the next two weeks in Buffalo will truly show you who is ready for next step and who is a work in process

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
No love for UPL.

I get that he hasn't lived up to our expectations, but he fits in here somewhere. He and the first 3 picks are the only prospects certain to see NHL action this season.

Reactions: elchud

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
No love for UPL.

I get that he hasn't lived up to our expectations, but he fits in here somewhere. He and the first 3 picks are the only prospects certain to see NHL action this season.
Okay, I'll bite.

I think UPL is just as much a candidate for a breakout season as Mitts or Krebs. Nothing's a given, but he's shown himself as a .910 goalie in NHL action, in albeit a small sample, on a team that gave up a ton of shots. If he rocks it in camp, Anderson may spend October in the spectator seats.

I don't think he has the potential to dominate that Levi has, but he's probably ready to play games now as long as our backliners don't hang him out to dry.

If I were voting (I haven't been), I'd put him in a tier with Kulich and Ostlund just because he's so close to stepping in at a position of high need.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Okay, I'll bite.

I think UPL is just as much a candidate for a breakout season as Mitts or Krebs. Nothing's a given, but he's shown himself as a .910 goalie in NHL action, in albeit a small sample, on a team that gave up a ton of shots. If he rocks it in camp, Anderson may spend October in the spectator seats.

I don't think he has the potential to dominate that Levi has, but he's probably ready to play games now as long as our backliners don't hang him out to dry.

If I were voting (I haven't been), I'd put him in a tier with Kulich and Ostlund just because he's so close to stepping in at a position of high need.
Agree with all of that. Although we're rightfully excited about all the young skaters, the biggest boost for the team would be .905+ goaltending from Comrie and UPL.

The Sabres need an injury-free season from UPL to get a decent read on his potential.

Reactions: Diaspora

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I value Johnson over Kulich, Ostlund, Rosen. Not because I think he’ll be better than all of them but because he’s nearly certain to be an NHL’er, and it’s probable at least one of them won’t be.

Edit: add Tyler Bozak at home.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I value Johnson over Kulich, Ostlund, Rosen. Not because I think he’ll be better than all of them but because he’s nearly certain to be an NHL’er, and it’s probable at least one of them won’t be.

Edit: add Tyler Bozak at home.
I like the Bozak add. Unfortunately that's the only thing I agree on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad