2022 Prospect Poll #12

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sabres' #12 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Our 2nd round pick from this year, the top goalie prospect in this year's draft, is currently not even on the board to vote, which puts him in the 20-25 range overall. Which is insane. How many teams would that be the case? He's probably a top 10 guy on a bunch of other teams.
I don't think all these guys are making the NHL but we're yet to add several players with real NHL opportunity. It's nuts.

The next 8 or 9 picks are kinda toss ups but only because they've ~equally shown in their respective leagues and tournaments.

Do we remember any team having this much depth in their pool? The Lighting had high end guys similar but I don't know if they had the amount of quality prospects. Generational prospect pool 😂

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I would trade our deep prospect pool in a second for a playoff team. I think any dominant team over the last 5 years that has their roster locked and a modest prospect pool is perfectly acceptable to the fans and their front office. A deep prospect pool like the Sabres is a sign of other organizational struggles.

It'll be interesting to see how these guys play out. There is not enough room for all these players, and only so many can be turned into roster improvement, so.... I think we'll see some picks going back into future draft pools.
We will be trading in our prospect pool for a nice long playoff caliber team.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
So, how many of our young Russian prospects are based on Russia? I think it’s fair to start considering these things now that conscription is starting. It’s very possible that some of these guys are getting sent of to fight in a terrible war.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I would trade our deep prospect pool in a second for a playoff team. I think any dominant team over the last 5 years that has their roster locked and a modest prospect pool is perfectly acceptable to the fans and their front office. A deep prospect pool like the Sabres is a sign of other organizational struggles.

It'll be interesting to see how these guys play out. There is not enough room for all these players, and only so many can be turned into roster improvement, so.... I think we'll see some picks going back into future draft pools.

You may see that possible w the redundant skill sets if mitts and oloffs and etc not only score but win together at trade deadline if and only if some player like horvat or an honorable sand guy shakes loose or a hellenbuck etc ..

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I wonder what his thinking was in placing Kulich below Ostlund in this recent ranking while having him at 15 in his draft ranking quite ahead of Ostlund. If anything Kulich should have improved not fallen below Ostlund with his WJC performance.
Östlund dominated against men this summer, pre-season but still. He's on Djurgårdens first line to start the season.

They are really close as prospects.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
So, how many of our young Russian prospects are based on Russia? I think it’s fair to start considering these things now that conscription is starting. It’s very possible that some of these guys are getting sent of to fight in a terrible war.
Older men with previous training will be sent to the frontline first. I doubt they will send hockey players unless Ukraine rack upp 500 000+ kills.

Ukraine could get some great new weapon systems soon, especially artillery but I doubt they kill many more than 150 000 the coming year even if Russia goes full meat grinder.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Older men with previous training will be sent to the frontline first. I doubt they will send hockey players unless Ukraine rack upp 500 000+ kills.

Ukraine could get some great new weapon systems soon, especially artillery but I doubt they kill many more than 150 000 the coming year even if Russia goes full meat grinder.
I hope to God it doesn't play out the way you're describing it. The call-ups are just common men in a bad situation -- they didn't earn this fate. Such a terrible price to pay for a mad fool's dream of empire.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It's possible. It's also possible players do the same thing as other run of the mill citizens and leave Russia to avoid being roped into it OR they use the systems already in place in Russia to avoid having to serve.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
I honestly don't know how to rank this group of the next 10-15 guys. Heck I'd have Cederqvist, Weissbach, Richard, Leinonen, Komarov, Murray and Laaksonen on this list before even Huglen. I'm guessing this year specifically will help flesh out this list when we revisit it in a years time. It's a big year for all of these guys.

So II guess, Kisakov, add Leinonen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad