WC: 2022 IIHF World Championship Division 2 (group A: 24–30 April and B: 18–23 April).

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
PosTeamPldWOTWOTLLGFGAGDPtsPromotion or relegation
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
000000000Promotion to 2023 Division I B
23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png
Croatia (H)
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China
21px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png
Israel
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia[a]
000000000Withdrawn

PosTeamPldWOTWOTLLGFGAGDPtsPromotion or relegation
23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png
Belgium
000000000Promotion to 2023 Division II A
21px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png
Iceland (H)
23px-Flag_of_Georgia.svg.png
Georgia
23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
Mexico
23px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png
Bulgaria
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png
New Zealand[a]
000000000Withdrawn

I guess China and Belgium advances.

With Austalia and New Zealand withdrawn i dont know if there will be relegation.

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
Is China going to play with the same roster as in the Olympics?

The article states that at least Paris O'Brian (one of team China's goalies) will be preparing for the event.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Is China going to play with the same roster as in the Olympics?

I doubt several of those players will represent China again, but if it was the same roster it might as well be a coronation walkover in this group the way Kyrgyzstan was in Div IV

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
How many of Croatias NA/import players are still active? They had several of those years ago.

None of imports are active anymore (last one was Morrissonn, now he is scout for the Rangers). From players with croatian heritage only Katic is playing, but I am not sure if he is eligible to play since he left Medvescak in mid-february 2017. while he signed for them in mid-June 2013. which means he didn't spend four full years in Croatia.

We are (still) strong enough to beat Israel without them (and Rendulić) and that's it.:)

TomB

Jul 20, 2016
None of imports are active anymore (last one was Morrissonn, now he is scout for the Rangers). From players with croatian heritage only Katic is playing, but I am not sure if he is eligible to play since he left Medvescak in mid-february 2017. while he signed for them in mid-June 2013. which means he didn't spend four full years in Croatia.

We are (still) strong enough to beat Israel without them (and Rendulić) and that's it.:)
I mean, a 36-year-old Nathan Perkovich is still playing professional hockey, but it's been a while since he showed up for Croatia.

Blake Parlett falls in the same category as Katic, I guess.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I mean, a 36-year-old Nathan Perkovich is still playing professional hockey, but it's been a while since he showed up for Croatia.

Blake Parlett falls in the same category as Katic, I guess.
You are right about Perkovich. The problem is he wasn't that good the last time he played (2017.), and now five years older in D2A he is simply not needed.
Parlett is not in the same category as Katic, he applies to the "two-year" rule, which requires 16 consecutive months in country you want to represent. Parlett signed in June 2015. and left in February 2017. which means he is eligible. Frankly, I hope he is forgotten by our federation and they rather invite some U18/20 players from abroad.

TomB

Jul 20, 2016
You are right about Perkovich. The problem is he wasn't that good the last time he played (2017.), and now five years older in D2A he is simply not needed.
Parlett is not in the same category as Katic, he applies to the "two-year" rule, which requires 16 consecutive months in country you want to represent. Parlett signed in June 2015. and left in February 2017. which means he is eligible. Frankly, I hope he is forgotten by our federation and they rather invite some U18/20 players from abroad.

I knew he was a two-year case, I just didn't know how many months he was actually there because he changed teams partway through 2016-17. I figured he had "just missed" like Katic. Weird that he was never called (or maybe he was and just wasn't interested) by Croatia.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Croatian entry list

G:
Štimac Rojtinić Ivan (KHL Mladost), Janjatovic Lončar Teo (KHL Mladost), Nikolić Vito (Courbevoie), Troha Domagoj (Villacher SV), Rosandić Vilim (Montpellier)

D:
Brenčun Ivan (KHL Medveščak mladi), Šijan Ivan ( KHL Medveščak mladi), Senzel Nikola (KHL Medveščak mladi), Pleško Martin (KHL Medveščak mladi), Kramarić Luka (KHL Mladost), Delić Ivan (KHL Mladost), Smolec Jan (KHL Mladost), Cerovečki Robert (KHL Mladost), Puzić Ivan (KHL Sisak), Komljenović Luka (KHL Sisak), Tadić Marko (KHL Zagreb), Vedlin Domen (KHL Zagreb), Alić Tin (KHL Zagreb), Katić Mark (Adler Mannheim), Čavlović Niko (Boras HC)

F:
Mikulić Luka (KHL Medveščak mladi), Buković Damir (KHL Medveščak mladi), Miličić Matija (KHL Medveščak mladi), Dimitrijević Alex (KHL Medveščak mladi), Čunko Mario (KHL Mladost), Kramarić Nikola (KHL Mladost), Fičur Bruno (KHL Mladost), Šakić Marko (KHL Mladost), Dobrić Patrik (KHL Sisak), Čanić Dominic Rene (KHL Sisak), Jarčov Luka (KHL Sisak), Krikšić Hrvoje (KHL Sisak), Jarčov Filip (KHL Zagreb), Kaleb Ivo (KHL Zagreb), Marinković Karlo (KHL Zagreb), Rendulić Borna (Adler Mannheim), Idžan Vito (Mountfield HK)), Bebek Ante (Nassjo HC)

Training camp starts on Monday April 11th.

Friendly games:

April 16th, Croatia - Serbia, Zagreb
April 19th, Ukraine - Croatia, Budapest
April 20th, Ukraine - Croatia, Budapest

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Does anyone know what happend to Wouter Peeters? Drafted in the third round, he has now a GAA of close to 5 in the BeNe-league. Did he loose everything?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Does anyone know what happend to Wouter Peeters? Drafted in the third round, he has now a GAA of close to 5 in the BeNe-league. Did he loose everything?
I watched him at last pre-COVID WC D2A in Belgrade in the game against Croatia. Despite stopping 33 shots out of 38 we put on him, he never left impression on me that he is capable of stealing the game against relatively equal opponents, as in that tournament, and against low shot quality he faced.
Among D2A nations Alcaine is by far the best goaltender ever :)

Last edited:

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
I see Georgia has gone even more heavily into Russian imports this year; I count only five ethnic Georgians on the roster. Really disappointing to see them doing that. I know hockey is non-existent in the country (I've seen it first-hand), but that isn't helping anyone, even if they are playing at this level.

Reactions: Marky1999

filip85

Feb 7, 2017

stream link for friendly game in Budapest, Ukraine - Croatia, today at 18:10.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Did China play any pre tournament games?
I heard they were on two-week training camp in Bolzano. Don't know about pre-tourney games.

Croatian final roster

G:
Vilim Rosandić – Montpellier, FRA, (10/4/1), Vito Nikolić – Courbevoie , FRA, (1/0/0), Teo Janjatović Lončar – KHL Mladost

D :
Marko Tadić – KHL Zagreb (60/1), Ivan Puzić – KHL Sisak (5/0), Tin Alić – KHL Zagreb, Niko Čavlović – Boras, ŠVE, Robert Cerovečki – KHL Mladost, Ivan Brenčun – KHL Medveščak mladi (25/2), Luka Kramarić – KHL Mladost (5/0)

F :
Patrik Dobrić – KHL Sisak, Bruno Fičur – KHL Mladost (10/0), Domen Vedlin – KHL Zagreb (15/3), Marko Šakić – KHL Mladost (30/5), Ante Bebek – HC Nassjo, ŠVE, Mario Čunko – KHL Mladost (3/0), Vito Idžan – HK Mountfield, ČEŠ, Karlo Marinković – KHL Zagreb, Dominik Kanaet – HK Dubnica, SVK, (48/18), Jan Smolec – KHL Mladost (15/0), Nikola Kramarić – KHL Mladost, Alex Dimitrijević – KHL Medveščak mladi, Luka Jarčov – KHL Sisak (20/3)

(WC games/WC goals), goalies (WCgames/wins/SO)

bolded- WC debut

Reactions: HungryFrank and ozo

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Group B finished with Iceland winning promotion, while Mexico is getting relegated to Division IIIB.

Worst finish for Mexico since 2005, they've been solidly in Division IIB since then (with some appearances at Div IIA in that time).

Bulgaria remains in this level, the first time they've not been relegated/promoted from Division III since 2015. Georgia also had a strong place, finishing 2nd, but as I noted their team is just Russians so it's a little misleading. Belgium was 3rd place, a weaker finish for a team that traditionally was in Div IIA.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad