Prospect Info: Adam Engstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017

HSD Prospects just uploaded an Adam Enstrom 23-24 season Highlights.

No defensive highlights, only offense.

He has a really good wrist shot and he's very good at finding the net from the point. His shots seems to find their way through traffic. Lot of tips and rebounds seem to come from his.

Also really good vision. Some real nice passes from him.

He also posted a Owen Beck 23-24 season video two weeks ago and a Mailloux one last month in case you're into those.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

HSD Prospects just uploaded an Adam Enstrom 23-24 season Highlights.

No defensive highlights, only offense.

He has a really good wrist shot and he's very good at finding the net from the point. His shots seems to find their way through traffic. Lot of tips and rebounds seem to come from his.

Also really good vision. Some real nice passes from him.

He also posted a Owen Beck 23-24 season video two weeks ago and a Mailloux one last month in case you're into those.

It’s gonna be really nice to watch him with the rocket this year. Him and Reinbacher might play together if Mailloux/Hutson stays with the habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It’s gonna be really nice to watch him with the rocket this year. Him and Reinbacher might play together if Mailloux/Hutson stays with the habs

It's going to interesting to see how the D shake out.

Some may be up and down based on their play and injuries.

So far in the NHL, a hierarchy was established pretty quickly and the picture became pretty clear: Matheson and Ghule were in a tier above everyone else, Xhekaj is an important unicorn, there were Struble and Harris as so far bottom pair, and then Barron is all over the place and not yet settled.

We'll soon see where Hutson, reinbacher, Mailloux, and Engstrom try to establish themselves on this hierarchy. All the while Barron and Struble will still be trying to take their game to another level - as will Xhekaj, though Xhekaj seems to have made himself indispensable in the role he can fill, bringing needed physicality and a backbone to the skilled guys.

Reactions: bopeep

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Sooner or later, we will need D that are great defensively. After Guhle, it's really thin. All those offensively gifted dmen like Engstrom, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Hutson will all need to step their D game up because if not, we will have a problem.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Sooner or later, we will need D that are great defensively. After Guhle, it's really thin. All those offensively gifted dmen like Engstrom, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Hutson will all need to step their D game up because if not, we will have a problem.
Reinbacher will be as good if not better than Ghule as a D. He’s a damn near perfect two way. Very balanced

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Reinbacher will be as good if not better than Ghule as a D. He’s a damn near perfect two way. Very balanced
oh please, how about he plays a season first before saying he's going to be better than Guhle. Let him take a few hits, make plays under pressure and suffer on a blueline with very sus defensive play. Guhle is in a league of his own, Reinbacher has had limited play in the AHL.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
oh please, how about he plays a season first before saying he's going to be better than Guhle. Let him take a few hits, make plays under pressure and suffer on a blueline with very sus defensive play. Guhle is in a league of his own, Reinbacher has had limited play in the AHL.
You seem to forget he was playing pro at 17. Two seasons already. This isn’t comparing a junior to a pro. DR is the real deal. I can’t wait for people to realize what we have with this guy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Engstrom didn't have any offense to his game until he started to work on it after being drafted (that was his goal post draft, to improve the offensive side of his game).

Fans kept complaining last season about Reinbacher lack of offense and you think he's a offensively gifted dmen?:huh:

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
You seem to forget he was playing pro at 17. Two seasons already. This isn’t comparing a junior to a pro. DR is the real deal. I can’t wait for people to realize what we have with this guy

I take a wait and see attitude , seen all too many hyped prospects from across the pond fail to make a dent in NA.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Not much difference between a 2nd and a 3rd. And Norlinder was compared to Lidstrom few years ago.
Yes but Reinbacher was drafted fifth overall. Not the same pedigree. he has nothing in common with Norlinder. He's pretty much a safe bet.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Yes but Reinbacher was drafted fifth overall. Not the same pedigree. he has nothing in common with Norlinder. He's pretty much a safe bet.
So were Kotkaniemi and Poehling
Our center line is set they said...

Lets just wait and see.
Nothing wrong with cautions optimism
Avstin was Ovechkin Lite
Norlinder was Lidstrom

What other dumb comparison do you guys remember?

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I take a wait and see attitude , seen all too many hyped prospects from across the pond fail to make a dent in NA.
How many of those failed top euro prospects dominated at the WJC against our best. This kid did with a garbage team

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
How many of those failed top euro prospects dominated at the WJC against our best. This kid did with a garbage team

Not sure but when you go through the World Jr hockey rosters the last say..15 years, and how many times TSN went crazy for all the prospects from every country, and barely any of them made it in the end. Top scorers up front, on the blueline, total busts or fringe NHL'ers.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Not much difference between a 2nd and a 3rd. And Norlinder was compared to Lidstrom few years ago.
Norlinder has compared to Lindstrom my one single euro scout. I did not see a single person in HF compare Norlinder to a hall of famer.

Reactions: montreal

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Norlinder has compared to Lindstrom my one single euro scout. I did not see a single person in HF compare Norlinder to a hall of famer.
It doesn't matter really.

Engstrom pedigree is better, Doesn't mean he'll succeed but he's arguably a much better prospect. It's not close really.

Norlinder (21 years old)

u20 : 0 points in 7 games
SHL : 12 points in 59 games -16 (prorated 19 points 95 games -26)

Engstrom (19 years old)

u20 : 3 points in 7 games
SHL : 38 points in 95 games -17

There really is no comparison to be made between the two. Engtrom is vastly in advance over Norlinder at the same age. Norlinder at the same age was playing 2nd division and was doing about as well as Engstrom was doing in the SHL. In fact Norlinder two years older was doing worse in the SHL than Engstrom.

I hate how people evaluate our prospects of the past based on stupid hype by the media "we must sell moar beers for molson" hype train instead of factual numbers and observation. I also hate this attitude of all our prospects of the past under a different administration failed so all our prospects in the future will too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad