Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
For me it has more to do with style than necessarily who will be a better player. Danielson plays a more traditional center game and appears to be a better puck distributor. Kaspers game in a top 6 role I think lends itself more towards a wing position than center. He's fantastic on the forecheck and cycling the puck.

So my opinion hasn't really changed. If Kasper stays at center I think he'll eventually be the 3C but I could easily see him ending up at wing and being a fantastic piece in the top 6. It probably depends on what other players develop or sign here. Kasper as a 3C will be luxury I think.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Simply no space for a young energetic offensive dynamo on this team - he'd be sitting in the press box every evening as a healthy scratch...we get what we deserve.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
If someone in the top 6 gets hurt for an extended period (more than 7-10 days), Kasper would have to be called up. He is waiver-exempt and can be sent down to the minors when they get healthy again. I doubt he gets called up for spot duty because that's Watson's job.

Auston Watson will be the guy in the press box who fills in when someone misses a game or two.

Kasper should be on the second/third line now though IMO. The team should have the chutzpah to play him at least at 3C and move Copp to 4C or 3RW.

• Wow
Reactions: Ulysses31

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
If someone in the top 6 gets hurt for an extended period (more than 7-10 days), Kasper would have to be called up. He is waiver-exempt and can be sent down to the minors when they get healthy again. I doubt he gets called up for spot duty because that's Watson's job.

Auston Watson will be the guy in the press box who fills in when someone misses a game or two.

Kasper should be on the second/third line now though IMO. The team should have the chutzpah to play him at least at 3C and move Copp to 4C or 3RW.

I don't know if they've played Kasper at wing at all but I could see a scenario where he's paired with Copp so Copp can take faceoffs.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
29-30. Have to make sure they're overripe!

He had 3 PP goals last season, getting some PP time in GR is definitely not going to hurt his development. His SOG increased over the season as he got moved up in the lineup as well.

After watching Raz, Zadina, and Joey struggle to score in the NHL, I don't see why you guys all want to rush the kid. His SH% in the AHL is lower than Joey and Raz' SH% in the NHL, and half of Tanguay's NHL career average. (That last one does matter because he's the one evaluating.)

I told you guys the kid is getting sent down. You can laugh all you want, but I was right. I'm pretty sure my reasoning is correct because he doesn't have deficiencies anywhere else. Skating looks good, PK was excellent, created a bunch of scoring opportunities, some nice passes, won board battles, etc.

Reactions: sepster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad