Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
This is pure garbage. Teams can exceed the salary cap by 10% during the offseason. The roster submitted before the first game is what needs to be cap compliant. They can sign Watson to a 2 way and send him down tomorrow without having to send Kasper down.

If you believe in clickbait Twitter posts, I've got some pills for sale that will make your penis longer.
I believe the opening day rosters for all teams is due by 5pm eastern October 7 with the regular season starting (in NA) on Oct 8, all teams will be required to meet maximum 23 roster players and be cap compliant by this date.

I don’t think it would be fair for some later teams to be able to be 10% over if they start a few days later than other teams.

There will be some paper games played, just to juice it up, the rumor out there is Watson’s contract will be a 2-way…

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I believe the opening day rosters for all teams is due by 5pm eastern October 7 with the regular season starting (in NA) on Oct 8, all teams will be required to meet maximum 23 roster players and be cap compliant by this date.

I don’t think it would be fair for some later teams to be able to be 10% over if they start a few days later than other teams.

There will be some paper games played, just to juice it up, the rumor out there is Watson’s contract will be a 2-way…

The point stays the same, there was no need to play any sort of paper games. They could easily have signed Watson last week if they wanted, especially a 2 way.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Did Kasper force his way onto the roster? Not exactly IMO He left enough to be desired with his finishing and creativity that I can see him benefiting from some time in GR...

But at the same time, I'd argue most of our forwards forced their way OFF the roster. Here's to another year running a suboptimal roster because we're incapable of watching our vets play terribly and saying "wow, that guy's as bad as he's looked for years." I totally understand why there's some over the top frustration with this. You'd think missing the playoffs because we refused to play Edvinsson would have taught us something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad