Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
i think it's extremely obvious that holl was signed in order to leave as little cap space as possible for seider and raymond, thereby ensuring that we have both young stars locked up at bargain contracts for the prime of their careers

4d

ALL HAIL THE WISE AND POWERFUL STEVE YZERMAN. BOW AND TREMBLE AT THE FEET OF OUR MESSIAH. VENGEANCE SHALL BE SWIFT AND JUST FOR THOSE WHO QUESTION HIS OMNISCIENCE

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i think it's extremely obvious that holl was signed in order to leave as little cap space as possible for seider and raymond, thereby ensuring that we have both young stars locked up at bargain contracts for the prime of their careers

4d

ALL HAIL THE WISE AND POWERFUL STEVE YZERMAN. BOW AND TREMBLE AT THE FEET OF OUR MESSIAH. VENGEANCE SHALL BE SWIFT AND JUST FOR THOSE WHO QUESTION HIS OMNISCIENCE

maybe San Jose found out about this plan

the future considerations in the Walman trade are them not telling anyone

:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: heyfolks

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
maybe San Jose found out about this plan

the future considerations in the Walman trade are them not telling anyone

:sarcasm:
doubt it. yzerjesus is too all-knowing to allow that to happen. the walman trade was a 5d move that shall bestow many blessings upon his faithful at an unknown date in the future

NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP, I PRAY THEE YZERGOD MY SOUL TO KEEP

IF I SHOULD DIE BEFORE I WAKE, I PRAY THEE YZERGOD MY MINT #19 ROOKIE CARDS TO TAKE

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
It’s not just that he’s been our best player. What have any of the vets done to warrant their place on the Wings roster. Every time the vets play it has been a very sad lackluster effort. What is the point of playing all these preseason games if the guys like Larkin, Kane, and the rest coast through it. I’m seriously pissed at Yzerman for the first time

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
It’s not just that he’s been our best player. What have any of the vets done to warrant their place on the Wings roster. Every time the vets play it has been a very sad lackluster effort. What is the point of playing all these preseason games if the guys like Larkin, Kane, and the rest coast through it. I’m seriously pissed at Yzerman for the first time
You are pissed guys aren't going balls-to-the-wall for preseason hockey? That's why you are pissed at Yzerman?

• Haha
Reactions: Euro Twins

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

4d

You're finally coming around.

hwB4Q04.gif

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Nevermind the ridiculous prospect comparisons, but Marco kasper has truly arrived, even if he doesn’t get a roster spot to begin the season he is here. He’s taken an obvious leap since last season, where he started it off recovering from a knee injury and adjusting to NA ice. Even if I have some issues with yzerman I love the way he is building the team. Just big physical 2 way players that are hell to play against. If you can’t win the lottery this is how you should build a team.
NO. YOU HAVE TO BE MAD THAT HE DIDNT DRAFT SUPERSTARS AND SIGN SUPERSTARS LIKE DRAISAITL.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/detro...ews/breaking-red-wings-trim-roster-down-to-28

This is f***ing dumb. Sending Kasper down when he's been the best of the Wings prospects in the preseason. AND one of the very best wings forwards every game he's been in. Better than Motte, Veleno, Fischer, Watson, Rasmussen, Berggren and even Tank. This kid 100% deserved a spot on the opening night roster.
I would take a deep breath and wait until some things shake out before freaking out about it. There's a pretty good chance this is just a paper move. They have a potential PTO to sign, they have a damn on waivers and there's a chance there's more moves coming.

I would be fairly surprised if Kasper didn't play Thursday. He had a better camp than the one Raymond had that put him on the big club

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I would take a deep breath and wait until some things shake out before freaking out about it. There's a pretty good chance this is just a paper move. They have a potential PTO to sign, they have a damn on waivers and there's a chance there's more moves coming.

I would be fairly surprised if Kasper didn't play Thursday. He had a better camp than the one Raymond had that put him on the big club
Yep, I agree, puck drops on Thursday, a lot of paper games to be played the next few days until the actual season opening roster hits the ice.

Reactions: lilidk

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Absolutely embarrassing. And because it’s Yzerman people will come up with ridiculous big brain 4D chess reasons to excuse an objectively stupid move.

When it was Holland doing this, the same people were furious.

Holy mother of over reactions. The preseason reductions are one part of an over-all goal to maximize assets and build a roster. it would be plain foolish to waive Berggren to make room for Kasper. Why waive Copp, and eat his salary, to add Kasper? this was the prudent move. As the X link shows, Kasper may still end up on the roster.

NEWS FLASH: Kasper was the Wings BEST PLAYER IN THE PRESEASON GAMES.

INSIDE HOCKEY FLASH: That doesn't mean squat to established vets looking to find their game going into an 82 game schedule.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I feel like the whole paper move speculation thing is thrown around every time there's a move people don't like but I can't recall it ever really actually panning out

could just be confirmation bias on my part though

Reactions: Gniwder

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I feel like the whole paper move speculation thing is thrown around every time there's a move people don't like but I can't recall it ever really actually panning out

could just be confirmation bias on my part though

It is thrown around every time and I can’t remember one time that it was correct

The reality is that it’s another confusing year of roster management and there’s no room for Marco on the roster

We spent a 2nd and 4th round pick to get rid of two contracts, we’re burying a $3M dman in the minors, and we still have no room for young talent to earn a spot lol

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

I hope you’re right. I don’t have much faith in it after this offseason though.

Reactions: raymond23

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I dunno, I have a more favorable opinion of Copp than most. That being said, I've been a big #teamkasper guy here for years and I don't really want Kasper to do what Copp does. He's too good for that. I think it's Veleno whose kind of the redundant depth piece here.

Copp is what he is...he's a 40pt C who plays a pretty uninspired 2-way game but eats hard minutes, takes the in zone face offs, is first on the PK, throws his body around and works hard. That's some rough minutes. There aren't many people here who are high on Kasper as I am but if you told me he needed to come in here and take Copp's minutes? Pass.

Pretty obvious that you're not watching games or stats. Copp hasn't thrown checks since his core injury.

Kasper is gonna PK and take defensive zone starts once he makes the roster. Preseason PK looked good, and his skating is an asset in transition and zone entry. I expected Kasper to get sent down, but I'll take Kasper over Copp now if it was my choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad