Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Everyone who watched hockey and didnt just watch boxscores knew Helm was scoring in junior because of his crazy speed. He was always considered a Grabner type guy, and not a real "scoring" prospect. Pretty sure I remember people on here comparing him to Maltby as in hes going to be good, but not a scorer when he hits the league. It also showed up in his assist numbers. Offensive NHL players make plays in junior because play is facilitated through them, that never happened with Helm.

Kasper has to show scoring at the NHL level and so far he hasnt? Thats because hes barely got the chance, and in his first healthy preseason he is showing some offensive ability to go along with a lot of other good things in his game. Hes got 1 point in 2 games playing with very meh linemates and has created the most chances on the team at even strength most likely.

Helm and Kasper are a dumb comparison. You want to see more scoring? Thats totally fine and I wont argue too much with people who want him sent down to score more. But to make comparisons between his game and Helms is just really lazy.

Do you think Kasper will be better offensively than Joe Veleno after watching this preseason?

Darren would have put up 5+ goals per season if he ever figured out how to convert breakaways and odd man rushes. That's actually not a huge ask. Nobody said he's a top line center, but he was projecting to be a really good 3C even to the point that Babcock was praising him, and you know that's a rare event. Not to mention he even got PP time with Datsyuk for a while.

Joey has limited hockey IQ, Kasper is already a better passer..... but Joey's actually a good shooter at 11.9 career SH% and 14 last season. His career SH% is better than DBoss or Kane. He just reverts to playing a safe game and not trying to drive the play. We saw that last season. If Kasper could convert at the same rate, we wouldn't even be having a conversation, I'd be on the bandwagon too.

Lazy comparison is just naming elite players that you want Kasper to become. Right now, the way he played so far this preseason, Helm is a legit comparable. We'll see how he does with Kane/Tank tonight, and hope he has more.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
It appears, if one exists, the last forward spot is between Mazur, ND and Kasper. Given the thread, let us say it is Marco. Where do you slot him in?

SIDE NOTE: Duing the last telecast, Mickey and Ken presented the likely opening day roster. No prospect forwards were penciled in.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
It appears, if one exists, the last forward spot is between Mazur, ND and Kasper. Given the thread, let us say it is Marco. Where do you slot him in?

SIDE NOTE: Duing the last telecast, Mickey and Ken presented the likely opening day roster. No prospect forwards were penciled in.
debrincat - larkin - raymond
rasmussen - kasper - kane
berggren - compher - tarasenko
motte - copp - fischer
veleno - watson

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
debrincat - larkin - raymond
rasmussen - kasper - kane
berggren - compher - tarasenko
motte - copp - fischer
veleno - watson

I think the only way Kasper makes the roster this season is if Fester decides to split Tank and Kane, in which case Kasper/Burger wind up playing sheltered minutes with Tank. I don't see that happening until midseason, but in any case, Marco is the most NHL ready out of the 3 mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad