Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No clue about Wallstedt as I haven't seen his that much but Askarov is indeed a bust :) Each time I've seen him he acted like he is reincarnation of Alex Auld.

Watch his NHL debut, Wallstedt has really slow hands. It did not look good, definite bust potential. I had Wallstedt over Cossa, but Svechkov over both, lol.

Reactions: Astyanax

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Watch his NHL debut, Wallstedt has really slow hands. It did not look good, definite bust potential. I had Wallstedt over Cossa, but Svechkov over both, lol.
He looked bad his first game. I've caught him a couple times in playing for Iowa and he looks sound with them. Still a year out imo. Bust potentials for sure still up in the air but him and Cossa are trending the right direction at the least.

It's tough in a playoff chase but I was hoping Cossa could come up for a game or two this year just to get a look. IDK if that's possible currently. We'll have to "secure" a spot plus move guys or at least a roster spot to make room.

Glad that teams doing well. Kasper producing lately is nice.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He looked bad his first game. I've caught him a couple times in playing for Iowa and he looks sound with them. Still a year out imo. Bust potentials for sure still up in the air but him and Cossa are trending the right direction at the least.

It's tough in a playoff chase but I was hoping Cossa could come up for a game or two this year just to get a look. IDK if that's possible currently. We'll have to "secure" a spot plus move guys or at least a roster spot to make room.

Glad that teams doing well. Kasper producing lately is nice.

His hands were really slow... that's concerning, but for Wild fans, not for us.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Kasper not in tonight's line up for the Griffins... On his way to sit in the press box for the red Wings for the next two weeks?!

No. Team wouldn't call him up to sit in the press box. That would be the dumbest way to manage any young player ever.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
After watching the Danielson season highlights, I went back to some Kasper highlights and it's got me questioning how Danielson > Kasper became near unanimous

Also, more Kesler comparisons!

He has another gear in his skating is one of the biggest reasons I prefer Danielson. I also think Kesler for this reason also has more in common with Danielson than he does with Kasper.

If one of these two does wind up like Kesler we have an awesome punch with Larkin who actually used to get that comparison but is a better offensive player in my opinion. Of course Kesler's career was ruined by Toradol, he fought through that pain like a complete warrior but lives with the consequences of that. It is honestly pretty heartbreaking. He was one of my favorites in his Vancouver days so I hope one of our young two prospects can become that style of player.

Reactions: Frk It

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
He has another gear in his skating is one of the biggest reasons I prefer Danielson. I also think Kesler for this reason also has more in common with Danielson than he does with Kasper.

If one of these two does wind up like Kesler we have an awesome punch with Larkin who actually used to get that comparison but is a better offensive player in my opinion. Of course Kesler's career was ruined by Toradol, he fought through that pain like a complete warrior but lives with the consequences of that. It is honestly pretty heartbreaking. He was one of my favorites in his Vancouver days so I hope one of our young two prospects can become that style of player.

This is where I disagree. Kesler was a scrappy pest of a defensive forward. He was most definitely defense-first and played as an old school shadow. I've seen a lot of that in Kasper's game in the SHL playoffs and AHL playoffs. Kasper and Kesler are/were both pretty physical.

Danielson probably has that extra step to put his skating in a similar tier to Larkin's which Kasper is just below. But Danielson is not very physical. He uses his body well to protect the puck but he's not going to blow someone up in the corners the same way Kasper does or Kesler did.

Regardless, I think with Kasper and Danielson Detroit's centers will be the best they've been since 2008. And I like that we have some winger versatility with them. I think both Danielson and Kasper could play wing for one another or with Larkin to really plus up the talent on each line.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I think Kasper has gotten quite underrated around here and personally have him ahead of Danielson. There’s so much to like about Kasper’s game. He’s the ultimate competitor and will battle all damn day along the boards and in front of the net. He’s so net driven and decisive, always looking to take the puck to the net or dish it off and drive the net. He’s also so strong on his skates which allows him to operate so well around the net. He missed his 19 year old off season training and then started slow at the beginning of the year getting his legs backs under him. But he plays such a mature and valuable game all over the ice and he always knows where to be. I have less questions about Kasper being a top 6 player than I do Danielson. If Kasper can’t stick at center in the top 6, he would make a fantastic left wing with his 200 foot game, tenacity, puck possession, and skill around the net.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If Kasper becomes our version of Sam Bennett - I'll be very happy.
I think anyone who has watched Bennett the last two playoff runs would have to agree with you. Higher end offence would definitely be nice but a 25 goal, 50 point center thats great defensively and will absolutely truck guys is a great result for where Kasper was picked

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think anyone who has watched Bennett the last two playoff runs would have to agree with you. Higher end offence would definitely be nice but a 25 goal, 50 point center thats great defensively and will absolutely truck guys is a great result for where Kasper was picked
Yep. If that's what Kasper becomes in the NHL, I'd love several Kaspers on this team.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Kasper has played vs. men for three seasons now and that makes it easier IMO to project what kind of NHL player he will be than any CHL prospect. Somewhere in the Dubinsky-Cirelli-Bennett tangent seems pretty likely and that's nothing but good news. Guys you hate on other teams are always good to have on your own, if you're actually trying to win something.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Berggren - Kasper - Mazur as our 3rd line should have this crowd beyond excited. What a great blend of snarl, skill, natural position, and chemistry from the AHL. That is going to be an absolute nightmare for teams to play against

This was a line at GR's playoff run, if I remember right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad