Injury Report: 2022-23 VGK, HSK injuries; Lehner, Patrick out for season

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Be interesting to see what they do with him. Not sure there'd be takers especially as a big guy having both hips done.

If he's healthy enough to play they have to play him or buy him out. Both options are not great.

A buyout costs 750k, 2.25, 1.75, 1.75. The cap will go up and we'd have 2 million for a backup. I don't like the idea of 2 million cap gone when Stephenson is up in one season, Theodore is up in two seasons and Eichel in three and Stone, Pietrangelo and Karlsson are all signed through the cap penalty.

Or they use him as a backup to see if he can still perform well enough in that role. They would probably need to trade Martinez or Marchessault.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If he's healthy enough to play they have to play him or buy him out. Both options are not great.

A buyout costs 750k, 2.25, 1.75, 1.75. The cap will go up and we'd have 2 million for a backup. I don't like the idea of 2 million cap gone when Stephenson is up in one season, Theodore is up in two seasons and Eichel in three and Stone, Pietrangelo and Karlsson are all signed through the cap penalty.

Or they use him as a backup to see if he can still perform well enough in that role. They would probably need to trade Martinez or Marchessault.
Wouldn't need to trade anybody. If he's off LTIR there's 3.2m available with 11F7D2G.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Wouldn't need to trade anybody. If he's off LTIR there's 3.2m available with 11F7D2G.

Sorry, I should have said I assumed re-signing for Barbashev at 4, Howden at 1-1.5 and Dorofeyev at around 875k.

Would need 2.6-3 plus whatever a Martinez/Marchessault replacement would make.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
I wonder if he isn't just going to LTIRetire and take his 10 million, settle his bankruptcy and walk gingerly into his post NHL life. I can't believe after multiple hip surgeries that there aren't doctors that would sign off on him not being able to play again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,027.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $900.00