Prospect Info: 2022-23 Oilers Prospects Thread

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Stefan just scored a massive PP goal for the Hawks. Bomb of a shot

Portland now up 3-2 halfway through the 3rd

His 7th of the playoffs. Up to 14P (7G 7A) through 10GP in the playoffs

After Portland got shutout in game 1, Stefan solves future Oilers draft pick Josh Ravensbergen. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Canovin

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Has anyone heard anything about a prospects camp this month. Season just ended so it may have slipped through the cracks.

I havent seen the dates yet, but I noticed a couple QMJHL players they invited.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I havent seen the dates yet, but I noticed a couple QMJHL players they invited.

I read that first name as Vincent Desharnais.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Is this Beryozkin's last year of his KHL deal? He'll be 24 to start the 2025-26 season and looks like an interesting player that could offset some of the cap squeeze that season with hopefully Drai and Bouchard's new extensions. He'll have 5 KHL seasons under his belt and put up 46 points in 82GP combined last year in the KHL. Definitely a name to keep an eye on.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Is this Beryozkin's last year of his KHL deal? He'll be 24 to start the 2025-26 season and looks like an interesting player that could offset some of the cap squeeze that season with hopefully Drai and Bouchard's new extensions. He'll have 5 KHL seasons under his belt and put up 46 points in 82GP combined last year in the KHL. Definitely a name to keep an eye on.
Next summer they gotta get him over here.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Amazing that the 2 newest youngsters we've just acquired are now considered our 2 best prospects. All the while signing up all our important UFA's for immediate cup runs. If he manages to squeeze a nice deal out for Drai later this summer, then give Jackson the key to the city!

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Amazing that the 2 newest youngsters we've just acquired are now considered our 2 best prospects. All the while signing up all our important UFA's for immediate cup runs. If he manages to squeeze a nice deal out for Drai later this summer, then give Jackson the key to the city!
Let's hold off on that for now. When he signs Holloway and Broberg then I will say ok.....until then it could be a mitigated disaster if he has put us over the cap and we lose those two guys and they end up top pairinng defenceman and top 4 power-forward.

• Haha
Reactions: TB12

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
--Apart from Savoie ---you are talking about O'Reilly as the second prospect?

--Yes, when you are the second oldest team in the NHL its time to start looking down the road. You have to think that this will be the last season for both Perry and Ryan.

--A few years ago we were saying that "Lavoie to Savoie" sounded nice. It sounds unlikely now. It would have to be a different Savoie and most likely Lavoie will be moving on. He is not going to get any better playing in the AHL so might as well include him in a trade and get some value for the prospect. Then again, it seems to me that JJ has some different viewpoints than Holland so the script might change.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
--Apart from Savoie ---you are talking about O'Reilly as the second prospect?

--Yes, when you are the second oldest team in the NHL its time to start looking down the road. You have to think that this will be the last season for both Perry and Ryan.

--A few years ago we were saying that "Lavoie to Savoie" sounded nice. It sounds unlikely now. It would have to be a different Savoie and most likely Lavoie will be moving on. He is not going to get any better playing in the AHL so might as well include him in a trade and get some value for the prospect. Then again, it seems to me that JJ has some different viewpoints than Holland so the script might change.
Yes, reports have O'Reilly as the new number 2.

And I agree on Lavoie. Not sure how much longer they can hold on to him, or he wants to be held down, but after the signings this summer, it looks like they may have to cut bait there and get what they can. The new Savoie looks pretty darned good too.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Yes, reports have O'Reilly as the new number 2.

And I agree on Lavoie. Not sure how much longer they can hold on to him, or he wants to be held down, but after the signings this summer, it looks like they may have to cut bait there and get what they can. The new Savoie looks pretty darned good too.
I agree on Lavoie--might as well give him a fresh start somewhere else rather than putting him on waivers again and hoping that he clears. Like you say, fish or cut bait. I'm sure the player would welcome the new locale as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I agree on Lavoie--might as well give him a fresh start somewhere else rather than putting him on waivers again and hoping that he clears. Like you say, fish or cut bait. I'm sure the player would welcome the new locale as well.
Waivers isn't the end of the world for the guy. He clears it's great for us, he doesn't great for him.

Even if he clears maybe there is a deal to be made like Kostin/Samorukov.

Tough to just trade him right now as he isn't getting us much in return and who knows how he'll look at camp.

He's really at that age/development where a good off-season could make him look pretty darn good.

Reactions: smokersarejokers

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
The nhl has has ups ans downs where size versus speed philosophy have taken their turns.

I think both functional size and speed have their place but I think we trending back to functional size having a slight edge. Especially in the playoffs.

A player like Lavoie theoretically has that functional size. It's hard to imagine him getting through waivers. It's not unlikely and depends on his camp of course but because of that slight trend I see some team taking a chance on him and scooping him via waivers if doesn't make the team.

The bad thing is, he is going to have to show incredible in camp to crack the roster and our cap restrictions may dump him even if he does show well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad