Post-Game Talk: 2021 NHL Stanley Cup Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montréal Canadiens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Magic 8 Ball says…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Habs fans turning on Price is sooooo nuts. I mean, between him and Vasy, Vasy has actually given up weaker goals.
Vasy has given up softies but made terrific saves on the other side to make it up. Price has been terrible all along, he literally dropped off a cliff stats wise, Vasy did not.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vasy has given up softies but made terrific saves on the other side to make it up. Price has been terrible all along, he literally dropped off a cliff stats wise, Vasy did not.

He's really not giving up bad goals though (Price). He's just shown that he's a human being.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Would it be too gimmicky and manipulative that if TBL loses game 4, that the team tries to get all the Canadian family members down to Tampa for Game 5? (not going back) It'd sort of rob a game 6 win.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I'm really not seeing it. I'm seeing an overmatched MTL team allowing us to get in front of him, screen him, and tip pucks.
both are not mutually exclusive. I'm lazy again to bring up the Xsv% to back up my claim but the eye test to me is that Price's collapse is one of the reason the series is not close. Let's agree to disagree then.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Would it be too gimmicky and manipulative that if TBL loses game 4, that the team tries to get all the Canadian family members down to Tampa for Game 5? (not going back) It'd sort of rob a game 6 win.
Is it so out of the realm of possibility that some players on the Bolts are like… ok, we got the stranglehold on the series… none of our friends and family can be here… we didn’t win in front of fans last year, we could this year…let’s take it easy next game, and go balls to the wall in game 5 at home.

If I’m a player, I’m definitely thinking that anyway. It’s not like the Lightning are getting dominated. I know, I know, it’s risky, but… winning it at home in front of fans finally would be something, wouldn’t it?

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is it so out of the realm of possibility that some players on the Bolts are like… ok, we got the stranglehold on the series… none of our friends and family can be here… we didn’t win in front of fans last year, we could this year…let’s take it easy next game, and go balls to the wall in game 5 at home.

If I’m a player, I’m definitely thinking that anyway. It’s not like the Lightning are getting dominated. I know, I know, it’s risky, but… winning it at home in front of fans finally would be something, wouldn’t it?
The Pens have never won a cup at home.

I'm counting 15 players that are Canadian-born. There's a good chance their parents & siblings, etc. still live in the country.

The Americans and Europeans should make their way to Tampa for a possible game 5 or 7, but for road games, it's the watch party at Amalie. Should the guys win in MTL, they'll be back in Tampa probably the next day anyway (although Elsa may affect that).

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Everybody is making sacrifice on daily basis for his work, these guys are ultimate pros and handsomely paid to win the ultimate Prize. The sooner they win the Cup, the sooner they get close to their family again.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Pressure is on us, many are expecting a sweep so we really need to bottle our emotions for game 4. I get to be at home watching this so I am very excited for game 4. Also if vasilevsky pitches another shutout he will get conn smythe unless kuch gets 4 pts lol.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

I'm going to safely say that none of the players are thinking that or concerning themselves with that.

Say if the Habs win Game 4, now it's 3-1...they've overcome 3-1 already this postseason. If Price stands on his head in Game 5, suddenly the series may be back to Canada. Suddenly the Habs have life. Not a stretch at all that they could make something of a series that looked lost for them after Game 3.

No, the aim is squarely on trying to finish the deal on Monday. And there's the added gift that, as I mentioned last night, the Lightning may never get another chance (after this series) of winning the Stanley Cup in Montréal. Hockey's most decorated city, home of its most successful franchise. There would be something unequivocally cool about winning the Stanley Cup and celebrating it in that city. And because we're usually in the same conference, who knows when the chance might ever come again. I think it would be amazing to be able to hoist the Cup there.

Reactions: Hoek

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Nice.

This just reminds me how shitty so many of the fans on here are, ready to burn it all down after we lost game 6 to the Isles (not to mention every other loss, hell not to mention when we simply let up a goal or two e.g. game 1 v FL).

I blocked most of em and presumably the rest are in hiding, but Jesus f***ing Christ people you're watching a generational team with a future HOF coach and all you can do is bitch.

Ok, rant over.
preach.gif

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I say just get it done there. I know it would be better to win it at home in game 5 but am I being too much to just want to finish it there and leave no chance at a comeback?

TBFanKai

May 17, 2021
both are not mutually exclusive. I'm lazy again to bring up the Xsv% to back up my claim but the eye test to me is that Price's collapse is one of the reason the series is not close. Let's agree to disagree then.
That's fine. I looked it up for you. Carey Price 2021 playoffs pre-Tampa Bay series. 2.02 GAA and .934 save %. Tampa Bay series 4.39 GAA .835 save %. I call that falling off a cliff.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Based on the new Elsa forecast, it looks to me like no matter what happens in Game 4, everyone will stay in Montreal on Tuesday.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Based on the new Elsa forecast, it looks to me like no matter what happens in Game 4, everyone will stay in Montreal on Tuesday.

Based on that, if the Habs do keep it alive, would they really fly the day of a game down in the SCF? The options are either reverse games 5 and 6 or postpone a day or two. Really feel like the former makes more sense, at least as the first option of what you can do.

But hopefully it's immaterial and the series is over on Monday night.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Based on the forecast they could fly right after the game and make it to Tampa before the storm and play hours after it passes, as already scheduled.

But I want the sweep. Let's not forget, the Bolts were in the same position in 2015 against Montreal, and dropped two games before finally finishing them off. I'm sure they remember and don't want to repeat that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Lol I've had work at 4 am after every game and work the night of game 4. There WOULD be a f***ing hurricane the one night I'm free and don't have to be in at 4 am were it to go to game 5

Reactions: Volodya Krutov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad