Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Prospects - part II

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Anybody quoting this guy's tweets should disclose that he's wrong like... all the time. Still...

Ive pinned Luke as the highest potential prospect in the draft; I think his skating will
Improve with strength so much so (like his brothers) that his defensive game will skyrocket while his offensive game goes untouched

I dont think Luke will score as much as Quinn on average; but I think Luke has the ability to be a 40-50 pt defenseman whos above average defensively and skates like the wind. His transitionAl game alone would put him above average defenders in most advanced stats

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Don’t know if it’s already been discussed here but I saw a mock draft from a few days ago that had us takings Wallstedt at 3. A pretty absurd proposition. I’m not against taking a goalie, but at #3? When defense is such a glaring need? Come on now.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
He just does his model thing, he doesn’t analyze beyond that. It just one model so he’s not “wrong” per se, you just can’t base any overall judgement on teen prospects on one model that predicts future production.

It’s hilarious that he sort of phrases his tweets like you can while he’s pimping the shit out of his model. He’s prone to confident predictions about the future.

I’ve said repeatedly that Luke right now exactly matches with Quinn’s D-1 because of his ridiculously early birthday, and even more with Quinn because his October birthday. When he goes to Michigan next year, that’s the equivalent of Quinn’s draft year. That’s why he’s very likely at least two years away after the draft.

That’s also why Luke’s injury was so unfortunate, he really is much more of an unknown. Hopefully he still is on track to start skating again in late May,

He still believes Gusev can be a superstar based entirely on his D-1, D0, D1, and D2 production. A couple of years in the NHL mean less than what he was doing in Russia when he was 17 apparently.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Don’t know if it’s already been discussed here but I saw a mock draft from a few days ago that had us takings Wallstedt at 3. A pretty absurd proposition. I’m not against taking a goalie, but at #3? When defense is such a glaring need? Come on now.
Where? That’s a hot take. Who was 1st and 2nd? I’m more fascinated by this then I should be.

Also how do we pick 3rd?

Edit: Just saw the post saying it was this and somehow they don’t know Seattle is 3rd? And think they’re 4th?

NHL Mock Draft: Owen Power tops 2021 prospect class

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Oof, just found that mock now. Last year my final mock turned out halfway decent (13 picks correct, 28 of my 31 were taken in the first round). For my own ego, I looked up a bunch of final mock drafts from various professional journalists. Although admittedly I was way off with the Devils picks

NHL Mock Draft: Who gets selected after Alexis Lafreniere?

Ryan Wagman, the author of that NBCSN/McKeen's article, was on the low end of "accuracy" as he managed to get 3 picks right (Lafreniere/Sanderson/Drysdale) and 26/31. He had us taking Askarov last year, so at least he's consistent? But yeah....he's not exactly somebody I would put a ton of confidence in with regards to mock drafting.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Button's top 4 is all D. Power, Clarke, Edvinnson, Hughes

I didn't realize how big Power was.

So I often read here that there are 3 big time D prospects in this draft.

So I find it encouraging that Button has a 4th. Have to figure at least one or two fwd's go somewhere in the mix, so I think even at 6, one of these guys would be available.

What's the board's knock on Edvinnson?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

So I find it encouraging that Button has a 4th. Have to figure at least one or two fwd's go somewhere in the mix, so I think even at 6, one of these guys would be available.

Offensive upside, but I think they said the same about Heskinan and see how that worked out.

So who knows?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Islanders pick is locked in at 21 unless they make the conference finals. Now i can start looking at players in 15 to 25 range more.

Reactions: devilsblood

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Edvinnson did not look good at all in the U28 tourney. Made several head scratching plays and was getting best regularly . I’d be scared to take him with our pick . Islanders pick , hell yes , but he won’t come close to that far down .

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Many mock drafters and hockey writers do not take the time to research all the organizations, and instead project their own opinions onto the teams drafting. This is why most mock drafts completely suck.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Where? That’s a hot take. Who was 1st and 2nd? I’m more fascinated by this then I should be.

Also how do we pick 3rd?

Edit: Just saw the post saying it was this and somehow they don’t know Seattle is 3rd? And think they’re 4th?

NHL Mock Draft: Owen Power tops 2021 prospect class

I just looked at this mock draft. Eklund at #12? No. Othmann not taken in the first round? No. Throw it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad