NFL GDT: 2021 NFC Divisional Round: (2) New Orleans Saints vs (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NO vs TB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Not as many interceptions and not like the blowout that was, but this is reminding me of that Panthers/Cards game in 2009. Jake Delhomme went out of Carolina w/ a whimper that night and was never the same.

Tough to see Brees go out like this, but shit happens.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Not as many interceptions and not like the blowout that was, but this is reminding me of that Panthers/Cards game in 2009. Jake Delhomme went out of Carolina w/ a whimper that night and was never the same.

so who’s the larry Fitzgerald equivalent?

Dec 15, 2002
Brees is signed for another season with 36.15 M cap hit. How does that work if he retires? Are the Saints off the hook?
Drew Brees Contract Details, Salary Cap Impact, and Bonuses | PFN
Brees retirement would be a benefit for the Saints purely from a salary cap point of view. Losing Drew Brees is not a good thing, but from a contract and salary cap situation, getting that $25 million in salary off the books would be a benefit.
However, if Brees were to retire, the cap does not simply reduce by $25 million. Despite those two void years, if Brees does not play in 2021, the money in those void years accelerates onto the 2021 salary cap. Therefore, the Saints would carry $22.65 million in dead money on their salary cap if Brees retires.

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I’d say the Bucs are really maximizing going all in for one shot at glory this year, but Brady did sign a 2 year contract in March IIRC

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Tampa still isn't that good. Their defense has been suspect all season and it's real easy to look good when the opposing QB throws it right at you.

Sucks for Brees though. He probably stuck around for a hair too long and now he goes out like this. He can at least take solace in the fact while he played bad, the end of his story still pales in comparison to Dan Marino's lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad