OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
We lucked out getting AVT when we did for so little.
Pity DET and LAC likely cost too much for Sewell, Slater, but
still
not bad how it turned out

Doubt it but would be nice if we could move up for that center.

I'm torn between Terrance Marshall Jr. and Asante Samuel Jr. with the 2nd rounder. Both are needs. Marshall is a bit of a reach (but I think he's the last non-slot receiver who could be a day 1 starter at WR). Samuel is probably more of a need. If Samuel goes to Jacksonville with the first pick in round two, I might try to trade down a bit, still snag Marshall and maybe pick up a 3rd rounder (see below).

After that, I would try to find out what it might cost to trade back into the 3rd round and maybe pick up Creed Humphrey (center out of Oklahoma) if he drops a bit.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Help me out here.

The Giants have a bunch of small inside slot receivers, and Evan Engram.

They go out and sign Golloday. Big target, finally. First since the Marshall mistake.

Then they use the 20th pick on a guy who will only see the field in empty backfield 5 receiver sets?

I'm at a loss. What happened to Jonathan? He was usually pretty good at explaining this stuff.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I would like to see the Jets trade out of 34 tomorrow and replenish a third round pick while moving back in the second.

If not, can get a good receiver or Samuel or Ojulari, could even go tackle and really build the line, lots of choices.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Jets are in a great spot at 34. If a good trade down opportunity is there, they should definitely consider it but there's some real quality there at multiple positions depending on what they identify as their biggest need. WR, OL, DB, LB, RB. Can get a real impact player here.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I listen to calls at 34 tomorrow, but if the Jets stay, the Georgia DE or the ND ILB make too much talent sense.

Wasn't expecting either here.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I think Gettleman (and this is coming from a staunch opponent of his) did very well tonight. I am indifferent on the Toney pick. If you are going WR idk why we wouldnt go Baetman or Moore. But at the same time I have felt like the draft was a crapshoot from around the 20th pick onward. Its why I love the trade so much getting the Beard 1st next year. There will be way more scouting and data available for next year’s class, even its “weaker” talent wise than this years, you can still feel more confident in your picks.

I go Edge with the 2nd round pick

Can’t stand Gettleman yet he gave me a reason not to SMH for once. I too was hoping for Bateman and saw Moore still on the boards. With Golladay i’m thinking they wanted more of a slot guy.

Thrilled with getting Chicago’s #1 pick. Based on last seasons rosters the Bears strength of schedule is apparently the 3rd toughest in the league. They might have a rough go. Two #1’s is likely enough to move up for a QB if Jones doesn’t work out or if the Giants are really lucky, Jones plays well and that Bears pick is in position to sell it off for a fortune. Regardless, the Giants fans can scoreboard watch all season.

2nd pick yeah, edge or i’m thinking OL although DT Barmore is currently still there.

Reactions: RGY

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm torn between Terrance Marshall Jr. and Asante Samuel Jr. with the 2nd rounder. Both are needs. Marshall is a bit of a reach (but I think he's the last non-slot receiver who could be a day 1 starter at WR). Samuel is probably more of a need. If Samuel goes to Jacksonville with the first pick in round two, I might try to trade down a bit, still snag Marshall and maybe pick up a 3rd rounder (see below).

After that, I would try to find out what it might cost to trade back into the 3rd round and maybe pick up Creed Humphrey (center out of Oklahoma) if he drops a bit.

all good if we don't stay OL
AVT is a good first step but we need 3 more guys to add to him and Bechton and I'd prefer picking as high as possible to max our odds of getting keepers.

I concede you can get lucky and add quality surprises in later rounds, but at this pt, we need close as possible to automatic.
Experience of Darnold and predecessors teaches us days of Fran Tarkenton just barely avoiding grip of rushers is decades old. All players are bigger, stronger, faster. Quality of OL must be fully up to task or Zack's gonna get run over too.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Can’t stand Gettleman yet he gave me a reason not to SMH for once. I too was hoping for Bateman and saw Moore still on the boards. With Golladay i’m thinking they wanted more of a slot guy.

Thrilled with getting Chicago’s #1 pick. Based on last seasons rosters the Bears strength of schedule is apparently the 3rd toughest in the league. They might have a rough go. Two #1’s is likely enough to move up for a QB if Jones doesn’t work out or if the Giants are really lucky, Jones plays well and that Bears pick is in position to sell it off for a fortune. Regardless, the Giants fans can scoreboard watch all season.

2nd pick yeah, edge or i’m thinking OL although DT Barmore is currently still there.
I really want to go Edge in the 2nd round.

Great point about the Bears schedule.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I thought the Giants made a great move, they should have two picks in the top 20 in next year's draft.

Jets really had no choice other than to trade back but when you have the number two pick it's hard to do that, you might as well just take the talent you have in front of you. Even though I think Wilson is really talented see a lot of problems with his game at the NFL level. I had Mac Jones as the number 2 QB in this draft and of course he goes to the Patriots. I like what the Jets did with their second first-round pick that guy should be a good player.

My Saints took DE Peyton Turner. That's 7 consecutive drafts the Saints have taken an offensive or defensive lineman in round one. Biggest wingspan on a player since 1999, something the Saints covet playing the 4-3.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I really want to go Edge in the 2nd round.

Great point about the Bears schedule.

yeah, the DL made some big plays and sacks last season yet they can't solely rely on them. Not to mention Tomlinson is gone so that could hurt the DL pass rush. Somebody else has to get to the QB. They're playing roulette without addressing the pass rush

Reactions: RGY

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Help me out here.

They go out and sign Golloday. Big target, finally. First since the Marshall mistake.

Then they use the 20th pick on a guy who will only see the field in empty backfield 5 receiver sets?

I'm at a loss. What happened to Jonathan? He was usually pretty good at explaining this stuff.
Who are the small inside slot guys other than the always injured sterling shepard?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Liked Fields too. His throwing with anticipation was godlike as was his accuracy. But I have NEVER seen someone stare down one read as much as JF. SStill would have been worthy of 2. Thank you Chicago for taking him from the pats while giving the Giants that top 15 first rounder next season.

Wilson's just gotta adjust to the speed of the game like almost every other drafted QB
He's showed everything athletically and game IQ wise you need to see. The only other QB who consistently knew where everyone was at all times in this draft is Lawrence.

He's got so much talent to work with now too. How do you stop him when he can perfectly hit sideline throws to speedy, tall ass Mims and Davis? Crowder is always open in the middle too.

Them using the shitty ass 3rds to move up for a G to pair with Mekhi? Literally my dream scenario for this draft. I saw them trade up and went all gas right through my bedroom window celebrating.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Great start by the Jets yesterday.

boy wilson looks like a baby. Lafreniere looks like he is 20 years older than him!

wxcited to see wilson suit up. Though i still think we should have kept darnold and moved down from 2 to get kore picks.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Mel Kiper has an unhealthy obsession with Sam Darnold. He spent the entire 1st round randomly working in Darnold and blasting the Jets. He didn't actually analyze either of thier picks, just ranted like he was Darnold's dad.

He continued this morning giving them a bad draft grade and dedicating the entire write up to how they never gave Darnold a fair chance and built around him.

Now keep in mind this is the same guy who gave them A grades for picking Leonard Willaims, Q Williams, and Adams in the top 6 in the years before and after Darnold - and overall picking 9 of 10 years picking DL/DB in the 1st round. Never once hitting them for not building their line/skill guys because "you take the best player available"

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
It is great how spot on Burleson was in his analysis here. Called Toney as the WR who would be 4th after the top 3. Called him going to a team that had a big "X" receiver already. Called the Bears at 20 as a good fit with Allen Robinson. Got the team wrong, but the draft spot right.

Burleson helped sell Golladay to the Giants. Golladay is a big X receiver. There is no question Burleson was thinking Toney to Giants in my mind.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
It is great how spot on Burleson was in his analysis here. Called Toney as the WR who would be 4th after the top 3. Called him going to a team that had a big "X" receiver already. Called the Bears at 20 as a good fit with Allen Robinson. Got the team wrong, but the draft spot right.

Burleson helped sell Golladay to the Giants. Golladay is a big X receiver. There is no question Burleson was thinking Toney to Giants in my mind.

He just got done raving about the Toney pick on the NFL network.

I think it's a good pick, you need a skilled creative guy to take pressure off of Jones and Barkley to do it all, and this was one of if not the best in that area in the entire draft.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Jets really should listen to a trade down.

Ton of talent left and the bottom half of round 1 started to reach for some players.

No way the Jets thought they have a choice between the ND Linebacker, Ojulari, Marshall, Samuel, Barmore, etc.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Help me out here.

Deebo Samual/Ayuk/Tyreek receivers that you can line up in the slot or backfield are the new hotness. Just picture Barkley and him in the backfield. Nightmare matchups for the defense.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Deebo Samual/Ayuk/Tyreek receivers that you can line up in the slot or backfield are the new hotness. Just picture Barkley and him in the backfield. Nightmare matchups for the defense.

Watching the highlights, he looks a lot like Ahmad Bradshaw if Ahmad Bradshaw was a receiver.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Jets really should listen to a trade down.

Ton of talent left and the bottom half of round 1 started to reach for some players.

No way the Jets thought they have a choice between the ND Linebacker, Ojulari, Marshall, Samuel, Barmore, etc.

Need a team like the Bengals to be desperate for say OL Teven Jenkins and offer us 38 and 69 for 34 and maybe a 4th or 5th.

We can still fill a need at 38 with a quality starter and get back a 3rd we used to move up for AVT.

If we stay at 34 I'd love for them to grab Jenkins, but I'd be okay with JOK and Asante Samuel Jr as well.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm ok with trading down to the middle of the 2nd.

I'd also be ok with a CB or WR. Or Owusu-Koramoah just because the value would be tremendous at 34.

There's really a lot of guys I would be good with here. If the Jags don't take Jenkins, the phone might start ringing.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I'm ok with trading down to the middle of the 2nd.

I'd also be ok with a CB or WR. Or Owusu-Koramoah just because the value would be tremendous at 34.

There's really a lot of guys I would be good with here. If the Jags don't take Jenkins, the phone might start ringing.

Douglas has the ball in his court.

I'm all for a trade down, but my #1 now would be getting Owusu-Koramoah.

That would like getting 3 top 15 talents. Too good to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad