GDT: 2021 First Round Game 3: Blues Trail 2-0 | The Picks Are In

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
A lot of teams have 2 AHL defensemen buried on their 3rd pairing but no one notices because the media obsess over their top guy.
Santini and Reinke are AHL level D who under normal circumstances would not be playing.

And I say Mikkola is fringe NHL as is along with Walman. Santini and Reinke are the Blues' 11th and 12th D on the depth chart.

Reactions: mike1320

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
They just showed the no-call slash on Schenn...unreal.....
the nhl operates like a late 90s wrestling company but without the entertaining storylines and drama

this series is basically the NHL version of a special guest ref match where he is there to screw over one person

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Am I the only doof with Hulu live and is stuck watching the Carolina/Nashville OT? Also, what did barbashev do that people are happy about?

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Santini and Reinke are AHL level D who under normal circumstances would not be playing.

And I say Mikkola is fringe NHL as is along with Walman. Santini and Reinke are the Blues' 11th and 12th D on the depth chart.

As said; Santini has 120 NHL games under his belt.
He might be the #11 D man on our depth chart; but the Blues have an insane amount of depth on defense. On most teams, he's a pretty solid #7. Heck, just look across the ice. If he was on Colorado, he would be right there with Nemeth and Timmons fighting for 3rd pairing minutes, and there's a very good chance he beats out Nemeth.
It's disingenuous to call him an AHL D man.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues would be mad to lose Barbashev to the ED. I don't care if his fo% is below 50 and he may or may not have good numbers on the pk (i haven't looked), but he is made for the playoffs. So glad he was able to find a role on this team.
It’s definitely something to consider protecting him.

Steen gone and Sundqvist coming off injury.

That line was so key since they can all play physical, kill penalties and score some. Barbashev is an important piece. If we lost him we’d have some work to do on our bottom 6.

Reactions: ezcreepin

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
The atmosphere just feels like the LA series from years back. We play so tough and hard, maintain good defense for most of the game, but 1 mistake leads to the flood gates opening and our mentality breaks. I really hope we can pull out a few wins so that a few guys can come back and play some games, but I'm just not sure how we keep the Avs from scoring 3+

I hope that wasn’t the 1 mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad