GDT: 2021-22 season game 79 LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks @7:30pm 4/21/22

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Could Danault crack 30? That'd be insane. Goals in five straight. He scored 30 goals combined his last three seasons with Montreal.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Think this is the first game I've been able to watch since the Avs clocked us. Really nice period overall, Quick looks locked in. Keep it going

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Oh yeah? Just watch him.
6df5i1.jpg

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Unfortunate they only have 1 right now but this is the best the Kings forwards have looked in awhile. AA might have been the best player on the ice that period, him and Kempe give Kopitar 2 good skating wingers with some skill. It'll be the worst first line in the playoffs but its better than having Iafallo. 2nd line was great as usual, nothing more that really needs to be said. The QB had a couple of decent looks, you could see Grundstrom-QB- Kaliyev looked dangerous, just never felt that way with the Champagne Line. There will be moments where they miss Lemieux's toughness, but the way the game is played now it's just not as important as it once was.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kopitar is suuuuuper frustrating.

That being said funny how much better the PP looks when they take away his half wall safety blanket, the "kaliyev look" PP1 with kopitar in that spot opened things up a lot. Still, PP1 promptly giving up a breakaway is lol

If Quick is this locked in for playoffs, watch out. Nothing has been going right and we're still a divisional playoff team--sub 900 goaltending, worst finishing in the league by far, bottom of the barrel special teams--if ANY of those things get hot, we're cooking.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Unfortunate they only have 1 right now but this is the best the Kings forwards have looked in awhile. AA might have been the best player on the ice that period, him and Kempe give Kopitar 2 good skating wingers with some skill. It'll be the worst first line in the playoffs but its better than having Iafallo. 2nd line was great as usual, nothing more that really needs to be said. The QB had a couple of decent looks, you could see Grundstrom-QB- Kaliyev looked dangerous, just never felt that way with the Champagne Line. There will be moments where they miss Lemieux's toughness, but the way the game is played now it's just not as important as it once was.
i think grundstrom brings a more valuable form of physicality in his checking anyway, he doesn't even take runs but just lays heavy body whenever he can

yeah there's not really a fighter but AA can handle himself alright too

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Heck of a period. Quick getting into form at the perfect time. We all know he can steal a series if the Kings can score a goal or two a game.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005

The Danault line is our first line.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

AA is absolutely sailing tonight, love it when he's this clocked in, if he can stick without being draino that is a huge lift in skating for the first line to create some space for the corpse of Anze. Like you say, probably the worst first line in the playoffs but I like their odds of battling to at least stalemate better than keeping the current version of Iafallo there.

Grundstrom-Byfield have history of being solid together, I'm glad Kaliyev seems to complement them well. It's the Hawks so they'll have more space than usual but if they can develop something that'll be a huge boon. Wish there was a way we could get Kupari in there as a winger, his speed and checking on the wing was nice. I agree they'll miss Lemeiux's toughness but he just has not at all been the same player since returning, seems like that with almost all the injured guys, they've all been slow to return to form (minus Brownie).

Only real compliant is that usual they're only up by 1....pop the next couple please

Reactions: cyclones22

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i think grundstrom brings a more valuable form of physicality in his checking anyway, he doesn't even take runs but just lays heavy body whenever he can

yeah there's not really a fighter but AA can handle himself alright too

Can't wait to see Evander Kane left hook someone over a ref again, with no Lemeiux I'd put my money on it being AA

Reactions: tny760

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
The Danault line is our first line.

They have been excellent, but the line with the best center and best winger and the line that the other team sends their best checkers (or best scorers) out against is still going to be considered a teams first line.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
alright that's pretty f***in soft

i really think he just held the stick out of habit since it was already let go by toews

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
place really pops when byfield shoots huh

not sure anyone else gets the same kind of reaction

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad