GDT: 2021-22 season game 67 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:30pm 3/26/22

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Kopitar with 16:56 of TOI.

1g, 1a, 3sog, 69%FO, +2

You're seeing a sharper more effective player with more controlled minutes.
This next little stretch 3 games in 4 nights is going to be tough on him.. but the month of April the games are way more spread out, might help him recover better.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING – "The Kings dont look fancy or anything but they are structurally and positionally so good." Edition

The Marquis : Those Kings warm up jerseys are hideous​

The Marquis : LA comes out full throttle to start. Felt like Seattle was on the PK.​

The Marquis : The Kings are making the Kraken chase, but at least they are keeping up so far, but a couple lucky breaks.​

Cisse : Well we can't be any worse next season.​

Fistfullofbeer : I liked how Pouilot defended there.​

But yeah. This game is tough. Too much talent on the Kings.

Cisse : Kings don't have too much talent it is just that we have none.​

The Marquis : The Kraken don’t look as bad as much as the Kings look ready to win.​

kihei : I guess you could say there's lots of room for improvement in the next period. Don't know what else there is to say about the first period.​

Fistfullofbeer : The Kings dont look fancy or anything but they are structurally and positionally so good. Right place, right time on both sides of the ice.​

kihei : That one was definitely not fun.​

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING – "The Kings dont look fancy or anything but they are structurally and positionally so good." Edition

The Marquis : Those Kings warm up jerseys are hideous​

The Marquis : LA comes out full throttle to start. Felt like Seattle was on the PK.​

The Marquis : The Kings are making the Kraken chase, but at least they are keeping up so far, but a couple lucky breaks.​

Cisse : Well we can't be any worse next season.​

Fistfullofbeer : I liked how Pouilot defended there.​

But yeah. This game is tough. Too much talent on the Kings.

Cisse : Kings don't have too much talent it is just that we have none.​

The Marquis : The Kraken don’t look as bad as much as the Kings look ready to win.​

kihei : I guess you could say there's lots of room for improvement in the next period. Don't know what else there is to say about the first period.​

Fistfullofbeer : The Kings dont look fancy or anything but they are structurally and positionally so good. Right place, right time on both sides of the ice.​

kihei : That one was definitely not fun.​

Cisse : Kings don't have too much talent it is just that we have none.

Lol

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kraken are kind of a boring bland team.

I hate seeing an expansion city get such a bad product (all though outside of Vegas that's always been the norm).

I guess that's what you get when hire Francis and Hakstol.

Reactions: The Butcher

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The stat of only three of our players having a fighting major is pretty shocking.

Back in 2011-12 we had Clifford, Nolan, King, Williams, Brown, Richards, Voynov, Penner, Greene, King, and Westgarth all with scraps I'm fairly certain.

It's a different league than it was 10 years ago. Not only for the fighting, but the Kings of today couldn't defensively do what they did back then either. Muzzin, Greene, even Doughty, a lot of their defense was about interfering with the opposition at the blueline. Not that the Kings were the only team doing that. There's a reason the 2012 playoffs are considered a boring one. Not only because the Kings almost went undefeated, but just the general style of play by the most of the teams going deep.

I still think Clutterbuck or Martin would’ve been good additions at the deadline.

Clutterbuck just re-signed with them. Lou is bringing back the same team. Re-signed Parise. Loves Martin. Brought him over from Toronto like a day after he got the Islander job. They're not available to get.

Let's look at HookKing
Who just speaks in limerick
I got you covered

Missed one. Only instead of just.

Crazy to see how much Anaheim has regressed. They looked like a sure playoff team and they’re now 7th in the Pacific (below San Jose even!), 1-7-2 in their last 10, and 23rd in the league and falling.

Kings just need to keep doing their thing and not worry about anyone else. With LA winning tonight and Calgary beating Edmonton, our playoff chances continue to climb bit by bit.

Anaheim was living off post-regulation points all year. Once they started losing a couple games in regulation, it caught up to them.

Same with Dallas right now. 9-1 in OT, 4-2 in the SO, but on the edge of the playoffs because they're 23-25 in regulation.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Missed one. Only instead of just.
Depends how you pronounce limerick. I hear it as lim-er-ick, which would be 7 syllables

Anyway, onto the game, that was largely a well-controlled game. There was some expected pushback from Seattle, but that was a solid outing.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The Kraken are kind of a boring bland team.

I hate seeing an expansion city get such a bad product (all though outside of Vegas that's always been the norm).

I guess that's what you get when hire Francis and Hakstol.

I’m not sure what Francis expected would happen, but I’m guessing it’s a long con to be the team that cap-strapped teams turn to over summer. Hiring Hakstol didn’t help, he’s one of the worst coaches in the league.

With a high draft pick the next two seasons though, Seattle could really be starting something exciting. Beniers, Wright, and Bedard would be a great start for the franchise!

Reactions: lumbergh

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Durzi and Spence are anxiety-inducing on the ice. Really high event stuff, lots of offense and some good 1 on 1 plays on the boards, but also risky plays, poor zone clearances, and so on. Neither of them has the ability right now to slow the game down and exert control. If the team is behind, hell yes I want them on the ice constantly. But in a close game, I'd much rather see guys like Roy and Anderson out there.

Spence is going to be fantastic but I'd rather him see time in the AHL playoffs than be in the press box once guys start coming back. It's weird that Moverare wasn't sent down AFAIK to make him AHL eligible, he's played well at times but is the weakest link out there. Not a knock on him at all, but he's going to be in the press box.

Also, Stetcher has been really solid, not sure why he wasn't qualified by Vancouver but he's taking advantage. I can see Detroit not keeping him as he's not really their style. Dude is definitely a good NHL defenseman though.
I feel like that’s one thing the backend misses from Doughty. That little curl and skate back into the zone more on a breakout to kind of settle things down.

The kids are playing great right now but they do have a tendency to rush and try and go 100mph instead of occasionally slowing it down.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
All right, I’ll say it…

I wouldn’t mind if we re-signed Määttä. I’m not saying I’d prefer it to letting one of the prospects take his spot, but given how he’s played this year, especially with all the other vets injured, he’s won me over. Only issue is that because he’s played well this year he’s going to have teams lined up in UFA, and I wouldn’t want to sign him at or above his current AAV.
Cost aside there is a case for it, but only if we don’t make a move to upgrade the LHD side. If we bring someone in the need for Määttä just isn’t there. I don’t think there even a case for him being the 7th D because his form is very much on the back of playing consistently. All credit to him though, he’s clearly a smart player because he’s demonstrated that he can evolve and adapt his game to make sure he stays in the lineup. He certainly deserves some recognition for his recent play.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Giving up that last second goal sucks, but these are the game that they need to win. Hopefully they play like this again on Monday when I go to the game

Yeah, a fat rebound usually go in when you don't make the save or lock up the guy in front.

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Let's give the whole Kings organization a bit of credit here. We've got young players playing big roles for this team. I love it, this is really fun hockey to watch.
If this team makes the playoffs, I'm going to be giving more than a bit of credit, I'm gonna be sucking their balls. A special group on this board will still find something to bitch about though...

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
As much as I like Roy and what he brings to LA I think it might be time to trade him and collect high value for a 7th round pick. He could be a part of a package return for a LHD upgrade or forward upgrade.

Spence and Durzi are NHLers. They also both can move the puck with tempo.

Walker can be a platoon/7th dman next year and traded at the deadline if needed. Heck, he might be tradable in the summer too. Moverare could be a capable 7th dman.

Edler and Maatta have been solid but they aren’t necessary next year unless a LHD can’t be acquired.

Clarke should stay in juniors unless he just blows everyone away in camp.

Faber needs a year in the AHL or can stay in school for another year.

Grans is your first injury call up.

??? Doughty
Anderson Durzi
Bjornfot Spence
Walker/Moverare

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
As much as I like Roy and what he brings to LA I think it might be time to trade him and collect high value for a 7th round pick. He could be a part of a package return for a LHD upgrade or forward upgrade.

Walker can be a platoon/7th dman next year and traded at the deadline if needed. Heck, he might be tradable in the summer too. Moverare could be a capable 7th dman.

Edler and Maatta have been solid but they aren’t necessary next year unless a LHD can’t be acquired.

Not there yet, I don't think Edler comes back, Maata might....

Next year,

Doughty - Andersson
Roy - Spence
Bjornfoot - Durzi

Walker/Stecher/XXXXX

IF that's what they go with, I think they trade Walker, what is he at 2.65 million, if he's still around, he's not the 7th dman, so you might see Spence in the AHL etc.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Not there yet, I don't think Edler comes back, Maata might....

Next year,

Doughty - Andersson
Roy - Spence
Bjornfoot - Durzi

Walker/Stecher/XXXXX

IF that's what they go with, I think they trade Walker, what is he at 2.65 million, if he's still around, he's not the 7th dman, so you might see Spence in the AHL etc.
It depends on if they are ok on the off side.

I’d honestly look at trading both Roy and Walker.

Walker is an afterthought now. Roy would be tough to see go but if he could bring an upgrade in a package deal it’s a no brainer. RHD depth is just so good.

Again, this would be after seeing how well Spence does down the stretch too.

Roy is better than Anderson but I’m not sure LA wants a righty on the left. Maybe they do but nobody can pin them down on that.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It depends on if they are ok on the off side.

I’d honestly look at trading both Roy and Walker.

Walker is an afterthought now. Roy would be tough to see go but if he could bring an upgrade in a package deal it’s a no brained. RHD depth is just so good.

Again, this would be after seeing how well Spence does down the stretch too.

Roy is better than Anderson but I’m not sure LA wants a righty on the left. Maybe they do but nobody can pin them down on that.

Sorry, RHD is not deep, it's POTENTIALLY DEEP.....

There is no reason to believe that Grans or Faber can handle the NHL, and Spence is only what, 5 games in? Durzi is what 40 games in,

Both good, but you don't trade Roy based on maybe's.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
If this team makes the playoffs, I'm going to be giving more than a bit of credit, I'm gonna be sucking their balls. A special group on this board will still find something to bitch about though...

I’m sure more than a few would still chest-thump that they know better than the current management and coaching staff in terms of linemates/TOI, etc. It’s a result-driven business and you can achieve those results many different ways.

Reactions: Axl Rhoadz

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront

Clarke should stay in juniors unless he just blows everyone away in camp.

Faber needs a year in the AHL or can stay in school for another year.

Grans is your first injury call up.

??? Doughty
Anderson Durzi
Bjornfot Spence
Walker/Moverare

Definitely one of the many RHD would be traded just to make room. I’d do Walker first though even if is value may be deflated by the injury. Just depending on what Blake wants to get in return really.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Sorry, RHD is not deep, it's POTENTIALLY DEEP.....

There is no reason to believe that Grans or Faber can handle the NHL, and Spence is only what, 5 games in? Durzi is what 40 games in,

Both good, but you don't trade Roy based on maybe's.
Durzi is a lock in my mind.

Spence is undersized but sound in his own end. A steal and proving at each level he can meet the challenge.

Clarke and Faber are highly touted prospects. Not run of the meal plugs.

Roy has a size and physical element needed but I’d trade him in a heartbeat if it got me an upgrade in a more deficient area of need.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
We should not be trading Roy. He is a steady, hard nose stay at home D that we don’t have on this team. Spence and Durzi are mobile and offensive D but we don’t have another Roy. The mobility of Spence and Durzi will be limited in the playoffs. I think we can trade Walker though since Spence and Durzi are better versions of Walker.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
We should not be trading Roy. He is a steady, hard nose stay at home D that we don’t have on this team. Spence and Durzi are mobile and offensive D but we don’t have another Roy. The mobility of Spence and Durzi will be limited in the playoffs. I think we can trade Walker though since Spence and Durzi are better versions of Walker.
I think some people here are way undervaluing Matt Roy. Other than the power play, Roy is very very good at everything else at his position. He’s a better defensive defenseman than Drew Doughty at this point. If people think the defense is small and soft now, wait until Roy is gone.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Is kind of funny to me that with a little success and wins I'm actually starting to enjoy the overall production of the broadcast more and more.

I still have my doubts and worries but it's so much fun to enjoy meaningful Kings games again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad