2021-22 NCAA Division I Hockey Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
USCHO's turn ...

An early look at the 2022 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four: Denver, Minnesota State, Minnesota and Michigan

By USCHO Staff - March 27, 2022
The top four offenses in NCAA Division I men’s hockey are the four teams left in the running for the 2022 national championship.

The Frozen Four will start in Boston on April 7 with Michigan facing Denver at 5 p.m. ET and Minnesota State playing Minnesota at 8:30.

Denver has the most prolific scoring team in the country (4.28 goals per game), followed by Minnesota State (4.1), Michigan (4.02) and Minnesota (3.61).

The Wolverines, Mavericks and Pioneers were No. 1 seeds in their regionals. It’s the first time since 2017 that three top regional seeds advanced to the Frozen Four and just the second time in 19 tournaments with a 16-team format that there have been three No. 1 seeds and a No. 2 seed (Minnesota). ...

Read more at:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

Evan Marinofsky | NCAA.com | April 3, 2022

10 players to watch in the 2022 Frozen Four

The 2022 Frozen Four is jam-packed with heavyweight teams. Minnesota State was college hockey's most consistent squad throughout the season. Denver was right there with it. Michigan was the most stacked group in the country and its Big Ten rival, Minnesota, was the hottest team down the stretch.

So, why are these teams finishing out their seasons in Boston? The players.

Knocking this list down to 10 was a tall task. Nevertheless, here are the 10 players to watch on the national stage. ...

Read the 10 Player Profiles (with visual aids) at:

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
End of one period, Denver Pioneers 1 - Michigan Wolverines 0 in the first FF semifinal. Michigan's first SOG was recorded with less than 4 minutes left in the period. Pioneers are fast-fast-fast, double-teaming effectively on the Wolverines top offensive players, and hitting with authority. Michigan needs to carry their late momentum into the 2nd to keep DU from regaining their dominance.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
As @JMCx4 noted, sometimes I've had to do some searching for the English ones. Somehow the Spanish broadcasts seem to come to the surface a bit easier
I looked and looked. It said if I wanted the English I have to be a TV subscriber. It's ok can't say I care much for ESPNs college hockey crew.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
End of two, DU 1 - M 1. Michigan must've read my end-of-1 post, adjusted offensively & started hitting back, and took over the game. Denver on their heels until the last 7 minutes, which included the first PP of the game which was unsuccessful. Great day for hockey.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Really good game so far. One thing I notice is that UM players try to make things happen and it sometimes leads to turnovers. They don't seem to just make simple plays which is what most teams would do at this point. Their stars are clearly talented players so cant fault them for trying but it could be why the best team on paper doesn't win a title.

DU went into full tournament mode with simple plays and D awareness weeks ago. They can grind and defend all night, just looking for a few opportunities to score.

NaihlFlames2

Jul 24, 2021
Great game. Congrats to Denver. They deserve to be in the finals. However, as a Michigan fan it was frustrating to see Denver with 3 power plays (2 of which were weak), Michigan 0 power plays, and several blatant no calls late when Michigan should have had their first power play. I cannot blame Denver for that, they played a great game, and deserve to move on. I am disappointed in the refs and lack of consistency on calling penalties the same way.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Great game. Congrats to Denver. They deserve to be in the finals. However, as a Michigan fan it was frustrating to see Denver with 3 power plays (2 of which were weak), Michigan 0 power plays, and several blatant no calls late when Michigan should have had their first power play. I cannot blame Denver for that, they played a great game, and deserve to move on. I am disappointed in the refs and lack of consistency on calling penalties the same way.
As a DU fan, thanks & I agree. Everyone was lucky that the GWG didn't result directly from a no-call.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Game #2, end of one period, Minnesota 1-Minnesota State 0. Gophers goal a 2-on-0 tick-tack-toe-tap after a Mavericks' giveaway in the neutral zone.

Last edited:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hard to watch Michigan lose. Lot easier considering how much Detroit talent is on Denver.

But how the f*** do you lose with 4 of the top 5 picks in a draft on your team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad