GDT: 2020 NHL DRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I know I can get behind anyone the Wings pick except maybe Askarov. I’ve wavered over about six guys the last few months. I’m probably more excited for tomorrow. All night to debate whether it’s Wallinder, Khuznutdinov, or Reichel. The draft simulator always gave me at least one of those guys. I fear they all may go in the first round. Naturally they rarely pick the ones I want which is good because I usually make bad choices

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
I know I can get behind anyone the Wings pick except maybe Askarov. I’ve wavered over about six guys the last few months. I’m probably more excited for tomorrow. All night to debate whether it’s Wallinder, Khuznutdinov, or Reichel. The draft simulator always gave me at least one of those guys. I fear they all may go in the first round. Naturally they rarely pick the ones I want which is good because I usually make bad choices

I imagine one of Wallinder, Khuznutdinov, or Reichel type hyped prospects will fall to 32 , funny thing is at least judging by last years draft would be a very Yzerman thing to pass on them anyways lol.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Kris Draper’s first draft as Director of Amateur Scouting.

I’m a big believer in him... hopefully he gets off to a good start this year

ChelisChiliBar

Feb 26, 2018
With the 4th pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from SKA in the VHL, Yaroslav Askarov.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
I don't feel like I have a true front runner, so low chance of disappointment. Just want to know who the pick is finally.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I hope all of us have learned from last year's who the f*** is Moritz Seider moment. Regardless of who we pick tonight we are not going to know for some time if it was the right pick. I have my preferances tonight as I am sure we all do but we need to trust Yzerman will pick the right guy.

A year later Seider is looking like an amazing pick.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
No Sanderson please. Plenty of D available next year. I'd rather be wrong on him and watch him do well elsewhere, than drafting him and spending five years to learn he has limited offensive upside.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I hope all of us have learned from last year's who the f*** is Moritz Seider moment. Regardless of who we pick tonight we are not going to know for some time if it was the right pick. I have my preferances tonight as I am sure we all do but we need to trust Yzerman will pick the right guy.

A year later Seider is looking like an amazing pick.
Agreed, and ultimately if whomever they pick becomes a great player, that's all that matters.

But if I'm also "rooting for ratings", the dream scenario would be to make a trade or two that allows Detroit to keep #4 and still add another first rounder tonight.

A top 15 player slides to 25...Bettman utters those magical words, "we have a trade"...and Wings fans rejoice with a bonus shiny new toy.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Having to draw a line in the sand, while I won't be truly upset with any pick tonight, this is kind of the tiered preferences I'll be watching with.

Perfetti has become my "everything is awesome" scenario, with Raymond being riding his coat tails to the finish.

If we are going to pivot off of those two, my hope is it would be gunning for true superstar potential in Askarov, despite me being a horrible assessor of goalie talent, it will be blind faith.

I will be content if it were to be Drysdale or Sanderson, but it's a move that is asking for patience before the payoff is tangible, and I'm not sure I'm mentally prepared to offer it for much longer (even though that doesn't change anything).

Everything else is in the category of, I'm okay with it, but it's a personal difference of opinion. The one exception might be a true off the wall shocker picking Jarvis, who is just a really easy kid to watch and cheer for, it would just be even more pure chaos than Seider was in my mind.

Reactions: jkutswings

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Agreed, and ultimately if whomever they pick becomes a great player, that's all that matters.

But if I'm also "rooting for ratings", the dream scenario would be to make a trade or two that allows Detroit to keep #4 and still add another first rounder tonight.

A top 15 player slides to 25...Bettman utters those magical words, "we have a trade"...and Wings fans rejoice with a bonus shiny new toy.

It would be a lot like having Veleno available for me, but with the added hype of having Yzerman be willing to pay assets to go get the guy. I mean, he gave up a 7th round pick to flip spots and draft Point because he was that enamored with the kid. If Yzerman moves back into the first, we should all be getting excited.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Having to draw a line in the sand, while I won't be truly upset with any pick tonight, this is kind of the tiered preferences I'll be watching with.

Perfetti has become my "everything is awesome" scenario, with Raymond being riding his coat tails to the finish.

If we are going to pivot off of those two, my hope is it would be gunning for true superstar potential in Askarov, despite me being a horrible assessor of goalie talent, it will be blind faith.

I will be content if it were to be Drysdale or Sanderson, but it's a move that is asking for patience before the payoff is tangible, and I'm not sure I'm mentally prepared to offer it for much longer (even though that doesn't change anything).

Everything else is in the category of, I'm okay with it, but it's a personal difference of opinion. The one exception might be a true off the wall shocker picking Jarvis, who is just a really easy kid to watch and cheer for, it would just be even more pure chaos than Seider was in my mind.

love jarvis too, think hes underrated and is a top 10 worthy pick

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

Yah that would be great. I am trying to hold onto the slim hope that Byfield or Stutzle fall into our lap at 4th. Well a guy can dream lol

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Level of comfort scored out of 5
Level of surprise scored out of 5

Perfetti 4/5 and 1/5
Rossi 3/5 and 4/5
Askarov 5/5 and 5/5
Raymond 4/5 and 2/5

So will we be comfortable, surprised or both tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.