NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
He will be taken this year, quite a few scouts there this weekend. I only saw a few of his games last year, but he's noticeably better this season.

He has kept up his production so far. Now his stats read 7 GP 7 G 8 A 15 PTS. He looks massive out there.

He also sounds like he is saying all of the right things here.

Do you have any thoughts on how his skating and defensive play looked in the games you saw this season?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Namestnikov
Anisimov
Zaitsev

Building up our Russian base so that we can draft Askarov first overall
:nod::sarcasm::popcorn:
I would love to see them draft Askorov, but with the SJ pick. These other guys should be shipped out by the deadline.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I would love to see them draft Askorov, but with the SJ pick. These other guys should be shipped out by the deadline.

Askarov is going top 10 for sure and possibly top 5. It would be nice if SJ pick was that high but I doubt it

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Askarov is going top 10 for sure and possibly top 5. It would be nice if SJ pick was that high but I doubt it
They have the assets to trade up in this yr's draft & should likely add more as they move out a number of their UFAs.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They look awful, they're one injury away from being a basement dwelling team.
I think if Karlsson or Burns goes down, that's season over.
I really hope Ottawa gets two top 10 picks in the 2020 draft. SJ looks like us last year.....slow around the ice, players taking bad penalties due to frustration etc.

ventimochatrex

Feb 20, 2019
I really hope Ottawa gets two top 10 picks in the 2020 draft. SJ looks like us last year.....slow around the ice, players taking bad penalties due to frustration etc.
It excites me to think about that, but look at the Blues last year. Went from last to the cup. Let’s ride this out and see it all unfold before counting our eggs.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Sharks are really bad, I don't wish anything bad to another fanbase but we could def use a little luck.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
They have the assets to trade up in this yr's draft & should likely add more as they move out a number of their UFAs.

Agreed. Hopefully we move up and grab some studs.

I’m not afraid to draft Askarov like others are. . He looks elite to me and franchise goalies are hard to come by

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Sharks are really bad, I don't wish anything bad to another fanbase but we could def use a little luck.

Screw them.

We lost out on prime Marleau because Redden refused to waive
They stole Havlat for nothing from us
They took Heatley for nothing
They screwed us over on the Hoffman deal
They potentially bent us over for Karlsson

I personally just don’t like their GM who’s a slimy used car salesmen

I hope they finish dead last.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
The 10-20 range seems stronger than it usually is.

If the Sharks' pick finishes in that range that's really good.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sharks are an older team. The veteran teams tend to start out slow. They aren't going to waste a lot of energy early on and burn out in March.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I know this is terrible to say but I hope the Sharks sink right to the bottom of the standings. This 2020 draft is so crucial for this franchise.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I know this is terrible to say but I hope the Sharks sink right to the bottom of the standings. This 2020 draft is so crucial for this franchise.

It is. At this point it’s all Sens fan have: I’m already looking forward to the draft, just want us and San Jose to tank and rebuild the right way

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Rationally, it would be nice to see the sharks falter to get a decent pick. But when I watch their games (local team for me) I can’t help but cheer on, mostly for karlsson. I think they have a likable team beyond that too, finding it difficult to hope they fail. But so far they’re playing terribly.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The sharks arent 'really bad' lol. I get the optimism in hoping the sens get a second shot at the lottery however this is not an accurate take. They are going to be a playoff team.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I find it eerie that Lafreniere wears 11. It's not exactly a common number. The hockey gods like to mess with us, don't they?

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

it’s not terrible to hope for this. what the Avs fans did that was shitty was constantly taunting in the comments of every single article about the sens, making sens tank threads, and just being extremely extra about the having that pick for like a year and a half.

and I’d say that the sharks definitely figure it out sooner rather than later. That and the ducks will come back down. SJS is still a play off caliber team

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Don’t see the problem in having a Sharks watch thread, just as there was no problem with the Avs having a Sens watch thread.

As long as we aren’t cheering or celebrating injuries, everything else is perfectly fine.

Reactions: JG Stone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad