Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 134th Overall Pick, Brett Berard, LW

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Shit I feel like we’re even the ones who started it in 2013-14 with AV. Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello, and then Grabner-Hayes-Miller the next year.
Your 3rd line as a secondary scoring line is ideal, but it requires at least one of your top-2 lines to be able to act as a matchup line. This is of course ideal since your matchup line is going to get a lot of minutes and you'd rather give those minutes to one of your best lines. Fortunately, we have KZB for that which was one of the best matchup lines in the league last year.

In 13-14 our top 6 was:
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan

So using the 3rd as a scoring line was pretty obvious. People also seem to forget about 10-11 when we used Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello as our 3rd line and they had even better results than Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello believe it or not.

Incredibly sheltered, but the results were out of this world:
upload_2021-1-13_11-7-53.png

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Your 3rd line as a secondary scoring line is ideal, but it requires at least one of your top-2 lines to be able to act as a matchup line. This is of course ideal since your matchup line is going to get a lot of minutes and you'd rather give those minutes to one of your best lines. Fortunately, we have KZB for that which was one of the best matchup lines in the league last year.

In 13-14 our top 6 was:
Kreider-Stepan-Nash

So using the 3rd as a scoring line was pretty obvious. People also seem to forget about 10-11 when we used Wolski-Stepan-Zuccarello as our 3rd line and they had even better results than Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello believe it or not.

View attachment 383725

I loved those guys, but hot damn, almost none of them would make this current teams top six.

Beautiful.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
The 13-14 iterations of Stepan/Nash/Callahan would likely take the spots of Strome/Kakko/Buch in the current top-six. Kreider is obviously still there.

Step/Nash definitely on vet status alone, but didn't step never come close to last season Strome pace?

Cally, mehhhh

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'd take Current Buch over any edition of Callahan.

That’s not fair to say right now. Callahan had better years and never played with someone on par with Zibby. He also brought a physical element and killed penalties. Buch story isn’t written yet, so it could change but as we stand here today I don’t even think you could make a rationale argument for Buch.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
There’s some major recentcy bias here. Are we really saying that no one on the cup appearance team could play in this top 6? Stepan was clearly better than Strome and I’m not a Strome hater. Kakko for all his potential hasn’t done anything yet in the NHL compared to a guy like Nash or Zucc.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Step had 44 in 48 in 2012-13 playing with Hags and Nash.

Yes, Yes I know. That whole season is very upsetting. Clearly an outlier for Step tho, no?

and I did love this f*cking guy :laugh:

Amazing derailment of thread btw guys, never thought I'd get into this bullshit today:laugh:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That’s not fair to say right now. Callahan had better years and never played with someone on par with Zibby. He also brought a physical element and killed penalties. Buch story isn’t written yet, so it could change but as we stand here today I don’t even think you could make a rationale argument for Buch.

Callahan had more productive years (marginally, mind you), I dont think I'd call them better. Infact, I know that I wouldn't.

He got force fed ice time in the Torts years too. Think that kind of makes up for the difference in quality of linemates (Cally's most productive seasons came with Richards and Stamkos as his centers, they aren't exactly chumps.)

Have you seen the metrics for Kreider and Zibanejad without Buchnevich? They are not good.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

In 13-14 our top 6 was:
Kreider-Stepan-Nash

View attachment 383725

Yeah, and I mean it’s only natural. You cannot shut down a unit by playing good defense. The days of like a Joel Otto working as a shut down guy is long gone. You can only do it by taking the play to them.

Some really aggressive hard skating units can do well without a ton of talent, but more often than not you need your top guys to also be your shut down guys. A talented but somewhat flawed 3rd can do really well.

BTW great find on the performance of that line.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Callahan had more productive years (marginally, mind you), I dont think I'd call them better. Infact, I know that I wouldn't.

He got force fed ice time in the Torts years too. Think that kind of makes up for the difference in quality of linemates (Cally's most productive seasons came with Richards and Stamkos as his centers, they aren't exactly chumps.)

Have you seen the metrics for Kreider and Zibanejad without Buchnevich? They are not good.

Callahan was popular because he never took a shift off. He always skated around like an Energizer bunny. Fans love that. I wouldn't consider him an overall better player than Buchnevich but it's not as if Buchnevich is a far superior player either. They're both solid top-6 wingers in their prime without being relied on to carry their team

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

I’m not sure how often he played with Stamkos. NYR version of Richards was nowhere near prime Zibanejad. Metrics? I just can’t say that K-Z-B line goes based on Buch.

Callahan was force fed ice time? Buch plays on the top line next to a top center in the league. Buchnevich also doesn’t bring physical play nor kills penalties. Being as Callahan was named captain, I assume he brought some leadership to the table as wells.

I would absolutely without a doubt say Callahan had better years then Buch. I really can’t understand how someone would say different. Now, for all I know, Buchnevich could continue to improve and have the better career when all is said and done.

Reactions: we want cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad