2020-21 World Junior Championships Draft

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Today has been a super slow down but we've generally been making pretty good time so far. We don't have any need to put a time limit in yet but if you know you're going to offline for a long period of time, please send a short picklist to someone else so they can make your pick for you.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Today has been a super slow down but we've generally been making pretty good time so far. We don't have any need to put a time limit in yet but if you know you're going to offline for a long period of time, please send a short picklist to someone else so they can make your pick for you.

Please forward all of your draft lists to me, I will gladly take on all of your best draft picks...er I mean take on the responsibility of keeping pace ;)

And just because I have always wanted to do this......WHO YOU GONNA CALL? @McGhostbuster

Reactions: Paralyzer008

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
With the 32nd and 33rd picks

Jake Sanderson - D USA
Marat Khusnutdinov - F RUS

@Cerebral back to you.

Sorry dudes. I can only access HF in the evening. I'll get something together for my next picks.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Well gonna take a page out of MacT's play book and make "Boldy Moves"

I select USA F Matthew Boldy
I was going to take Sanderson, and with him on the table I was choosing between Boldy and Quinn. Boldy is off to an awesome start in the NCAA, but Quinn is playing on the top line with Dach and Cozens which could be huge if he sticks there. Boldy is a guy whose career I'll always be interested in, as I wanted the Oilers to take him in 2019 when they chose Broberg.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I was going to take Sanderson, and with him on the table I was choosing between Boldy and Quinn. Boldy is off to an awesome start in the NCAA, but Quinn is playing on the top line with Dach and Cozens which could be huge if he sticks there. Boldy is a guy whose career I'll always be interested in, as I wanted the Oilers to take him in 2019 when they chose Broberg.

I had Quinn/Boldy as my 1a and 1b for my next pick with for forwards and Sanderson as my defence man. May have lucked out withGhostbusters mishap because wall 3 would have probably been gone.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Bold choice, was considering him at some point until today’s news broke about the 8 cases on team Germany. But if he isn’t infected he should pick up points.
Really sucks that Germany doesn’t have Seider, Reichel and Ancicka. If they had those three I think they could’ve very well finished third in their group. They’ll still give the Czechs and Swiss a run to make the quarters but they’ll be in tough now.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Bold choice, was considering him at some point until today’s news broke about the 8 cases on team Germany. But if he isn’t infected he should pick up points.

I slept on that I guess.

Do I get to re-pick or what's going on here boys?

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
This might be the year of the replacements.

Hey @Cerebral I know this comes up every year when it comes to injuries that there are no subs once the tournament starts, but are we going to do the same if someone tests positive after the tournament starts?
What did we end up deciding last year/the previous year? I'm of the mindset that if you want to switch a pick, that's okay at any time as long as it is before the games officially start. Ultimately, you have a bit of an advantage "waiting" for more info, but you lose that advantage from losing an early pick. We would just need to set some sort of cut-off so Team Leftovers has time to officially pick their team and not get all their selections sniped at the last second.

Anyone else have thoughts?

I slept on that I guess.

Do I get to re-pick or what's going on here boys?
As above, I'm okay with re-picks (especially given COVID) but how does everyone else feel?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
As above, I'm okay with re-picks, but how does everyone else feel?

I am okay with re-picks if they happen prior to the start of the tournament, but they have to be confirmed positive I think. In Peterka's case we have no clue yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad