Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea needs to give this guy a shot before selling him
Saw him live last summer. Not sure he justifies Chelsea waiting on him, but their forward line is getting a facelift this summer too.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
If Chelsea are going to have a transfer ban then it wouldn't make sense to sell Abraham or Hudson-Odoi(Bayern made a bid for him).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Chelsea are going to have a transfer ban then it wouldn't make sense to sell Abraham or Hudson-Odoi(Bayern made a bid for him).
Abraham is locked up, but Odoi only has 18 months left on his deal, so he could be another Sancho. Even with Pulisic, he'll get good minutes next season if he improves for Sarri since Hazard has moved to the middle and been scoring.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, that was kind of the point.
When you project, you can't only keep the best projection, right?
Remember when the same guy laughed at me for saying Pulisic had at best a top 3 Bundeliga potential?

I gotta congratulate you. You are a real opportunist. A player has a down season and a half, and you pounce.

I can't say that I care to try to remember what you've said in the past, and then to try to remind you of it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I gotta congratulate you. You are a real opportunist. A player has a down season and a half, and you pounce.

I can't say that I care to try to remember what you've said in the past, and then to try to remind you of it.
Actually it was you who had unrealistic expectations, as everyone told you then, even BVB fans.
Pulisic is a talented youngster who had potential to be a top 5 BL player.
Hopefully he goes back in form and fullfills that potential.

Now, saying I underrated him because I said top 5 in BL (instead of world) was ridiculous. It's OK to be excited, but you have to touch reality a little.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Things are not going as smoothly as planned for Fabregas to Monaco.

Naldo first winter signing for them, he's taking his medical.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
As long as we don't lose CHO, I'm okay with this.

On a side note, how is there no chatter about Drinkwater? You'd think he'd be angling for the door, but no rumours.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Got a real feeling Chelsea is gonna expect Pulisic to replace Hazard. And that’s gonna set him up for failure no matter how good he his.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chelsea are going to need to find a backup to Jorginho now too, could be a busy winter with a potential transfer ban looming over.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
As long as we don't lose CHO, I'm okay with this.

On a side note, how is there no chatter about Drinkwater? You'd think he'd be angling for the door, but no rumours.

Have to think it's wage related. Since he doesn't have a shot at England, maybe he's content collecting his paycheck.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Got a real feeling Chelsea is gonna expect Pulisic to replace Hazard. And that’s gonna set him up for failure no matter how good he his.

If he's replacing Willian, then it'll be fine, since at worst he's a younger Willian. I doubt he's replacing Hazard. Either Hazard stays or we bring someone else in with the bags of money we get from Madrid. All the Chelsea journalists are saying Pulisic isn't related to Hazard, CHO, or the transfer ban.

As a Chelsea fan, my main concern is that we targeted him for financial reasons, and not sporting reasons. We'll see how it works out, can't be worse than Torres or Morata.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Actually it was you who had unrealistic expectations, as everyone told you then, even BVB fans.
Pulisic is a talented youngster who had potential to be a top 5 BL player.
Hopefully he goes back in form and fullfills that potential.

Now, saying I underrated him because I said top 5 in BL (instead of world) was ridiculous. It's OK to be excited, but you have to touch reality a little.

Who is "everyone told you then, even BVB fans"? I don't think that happened as you described.

I don't care to get into a debate about this. You've decided you are right. You've taken your victory lap. Congratulations to you. There's no need to try to start an argument with me every time Pulisic is discussed on this website.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If he's replacing Willian, then it'll be fine, since at worst he's a younger Willian. I doubt he's replacing Hazard. Either Hazard stays or we bring someone else in with the bags of money we get from Madrid. All the Chelsea journalists are saying Pulisic isn't related to Hazard, CHO, or the transfer ban.

As a Chelsea fan, my main concern is that we targeted him for financial reasons, and not sporting reasons. We'll see how it works out, can't be worse than Torres or Morata.

If you guys bring him in to be a, I don’t want to say complimentary, but basically a complimentary player I think he’ll be a good signing. I just hope he isn’t expected to be this Uber elite player that should be near hazard level.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Cant see pulisic being a hazard replacement. That would be ridiculous. If hazard goes it will be to real madrid for an absolute fortune. Dont see hazard leaving tho. There's really only one team that can afford him and possibly need him and that is real. Maybe psg would move for him if something happens to neymar mbappe and cavani.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you guys bring him in to be a, I don’t want to say complimentary, but basically a complimentary player I think he’ll be a good signing. I just hope he isn’t expected to be this Uber elite player that should be near hazard level.
I agree. If he's the long-term plan to just replace Willian/Pedro, then I like it. If more is expected, then we will struggle. That's why I think he's more of a complimentary piece.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This would be a good signing, but we might need to bring in two wingers. We'd only have Sancho and Hazard as proven players. Guerreiro can't be relied on, Philipp might be on the way out, JBL might not be any good, Wolf isn't any good and now Reus is playing centrally.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
It's a good move for Pulisic. There will be more minutes for him there, and I'm sure the idea of being in London appealed to him. Money is what it is, but he will start on the wings at Chelsea, especially if Hazard leaves. Even if not, Chelsea is very old at that position. It's a good move for the player, regardless of the other stuff.

Dont watch PL. Is Chelsea really that weak that Pulisic is automatically in the starting 11?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
This would be a good signing, but we might need to bring in two wingers. We'd only have Sancho and Hazard as proven players. Guerreiro can't be relied on, Philipp might be on the way out, JBL might not be any good, Wolf isn't any good and now Reus is playing centrally.

Why can't Guerreiro be relied on? I think he's a really good backup option.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Dont watch PL. Is Chelsea really that weak that Pulisic is automatically in the starting 11?

RW has always been a weak spot. Willian and Pedro are both aging, so Pulisic is definitely the answer there moving forward. We only do 1 year deals for players 30 and over, and that applies to Willian and Pedro.

It's probably the best spot for Pulisic of all the big clubs out there to get consistent minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan