Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Concerned about Pulisic transfer rumors. He may play less if he is sent to the EPL. Dortmund has a good situation which allows him to play (Bundesliga is favorable in particular for USMNT players getting more experience)

Liverpool doesn't need him anymore. That would be a team he would play less at too. I think he'd play a lot everywhere besides City and Liverpool.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG won't send another offer for Rabiot. They're now trying to get a few M€ by selling Rabiot in january.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
What's wrong with Piatek?

Anyone who wants to buy Piatek now for a big amount may end up regretting. He’s got a crazy good start in Serie A but has cooled down lately. He needs to show he can score consistently over a full season before I’d consider buying him.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
PSG won't send another offer for Rabiot. They're now trying to get a few M€ by selling Rabiot in january.

PSG are in a good position this seasom to content for CL. Dumb by him to move in january to a team he won’t be eligible to play in the CL.

I’d like him at Juve, he’s the type of midfielder they need but Juve should be contending for the CL and the only position they need improvement is midfield. Not sure about him if he’s not eligible for CL.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Genoa would be smart to take the $30M profit on Piatek after 3 months. Don't want to avoid another Belotti situation, especially when they're a budget team.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
What's wrong with Piatek?

Nothing is wrong with him , the sample size is just way too small. His underlying numbers suggested him tailing off long before he actually did. His conversion rate was pretty unsustainable , imo.

If a club wants to pay 40m for 6 months at Genoa , then so be it , I just wouldn't risk it.

I would need to see more before I made that kind of investment.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Alex Sandro would be a huge waste when Marcos Alonso has been in stellar form for over two years now.

Piatek seems nifty but I'd want him to at least maintain this form over a full season before breaking the bank.

Yeah, for me, Sandro made much more sense when you guys had Conte. He's much better as a LWB , than a LB , though he's been better defensively this season from what I've seen.

Alonso is pretty damn solid going forward , other than athleticism , I don't think Sandro provides that much more , really.

How's Emerson doing for you guys? Still struggling to get game time?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Genoa would be smart to take the $30M profit on Piatek after 3 months. Don't want to avoid another Belotti situation, especially when they're a budget team.

What's up with Belotti? Was 16/17 just an outlier year? 26 goals in 34 games to 13 in the last 41 Serie A games?

Can't say I've seen more than a couple matches of Torino in the last 18 months.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I gotta be honest , I don't think bringing back Ibra is that smart by Milan.
My heart says yes, but my brain says no.
What's up with Belotti? Was 16/17 just an outlier year? 26 goals in 34 games to 13 in the last 41 Serie A games?

Can't say I've seen more than a couple matches of Torino in the last 18 months.
He was injured. He's been good this year but it's looking like 2016/2017 was an outlier for sure.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah, for me, Sandro made much more sense when you guys had Conte. He's much better as a LWB , than a LB , though he's been better defensively this season from what I've seen.

Alonso is pretty damn solid going forward , other than athleticism , I don't think Sandro provides that much more , really.

How's Emerson doing for you guys? Still struggling to get game time?

Alonso is world class offensively, and has exceeded expectations playing at LB defensively.

Emerson's been the regular LB in our Europa League campaign, and to my understanding has looked solid

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG are in a good position this seasom to content for CL. Dumb by him to move in january to a team he won’t be eligible to play in the CL.

I’d like him at Juve, he’s the type of midfielder they need but Juve should be contending for the CL and the only position they need improvement is midfield. Not sure about him if he’s not eligible for CL.
Tuchel has starter to bench him and I think the reason is the contract.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Man United with Pickford instead of DDG is a bottom half team with their current squad's form. Though I agree that there aren't many clubs out there that could attract him, afford him, and have the need for him.

And then Bayern replacing James with Ramsey? Ramsey has the technical skills to play for any club in the world, but he'd be a clear downgrade for them.

I would love for Arsenal to steal Kimpembe and Rabiot from PSG. From what I recall, Emery gave Kimpembe a lot of opportunities and trusted him against Real Madrid over Thiago Silva, which could bode well for our chances. But I think he tried forcing Rabiot into the DM role at PSG which didn't go over well, but that wouldn't be a real issue in Arsenal's setup. Correct me if I'm wrong @Evilo

Jul 7, 2009
Sam Lee is reporting City are the favorites to sign Frankie De Jong. They would buy him in the winter window and then loan him out.

Barca are wanting him but aren't willing to match what City will pay for him (Barca reportedly only offered 30 million). I assume he would get high wages and be a starter right away as well?. So Rabiot and Ndombèlé could be new targets for them according to sport.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

They changed the rules this year so playing in the group stage doesn't make you ineligible for the knockouts for a different club. A club can register 3 new players between group and knockout without any restrictions on if they've played for another club that year or not.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Sam Lee is reporting City are the favorites to sign Frankie De Jong. They would buy him in the winter window and then loan him out.

Barca are wanting him but aren't willing to match what City will pay for him (Barca reportedly only offered 30 million). I assume he would get high wages and be a starter right away as well?. So Rabiot and Ndombèlé could be new targets for them according to sport.

Frenkie hasn't ever mentioned City, but I reckon he'd like to play under Pep, sure. Getting him during the winter is comical. That's not going to happen.

Barca are the favorites to haul him in, though. They might've already done so if they weren't lowballing Overmars during the summer. An offer of 25-30M is downright insulting.

Marca reports the latest offer for Frenkie came from PSG and was 80M, but he won't chose Ligue 1.

I'll still think he'll head to Barca for around 70/80M. De Ligt too, for the same amount. All I know for sure is that Ajax is cashing in big time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Man United with Pickford instead of DDG is a bottom half team with their current squad's form. Though I agree that there aren't many clubs out there that could attract him, afford him, and have the need for him.

And then Bayern replacing James with Ramsey? Ramsey has the technical skills to play for any club in the world, but he'd be a clear downgrade for them.

I would love for Arsenal to steal Kimpembe and Rabiot from PSG. From what I recall, Emery gave Kimpembe a lot of opportunities and trusted him against Real Madrid over Thiago Silva, which could bode well for our chances. But I think he tried forcing Rabiot into the DM role at PSG which didn't go over well, but that wouldn't be a real issue in Arsenal's setup. Correct me if I'm wrong @Evilo
He forced him because there was no DM. I think Emery, like everyone, would rather play Rabiot at CM. Not sure those two get along that well though.
Rabiot seems very much in Barca's plan however. Klopp is also after him it seems.
Kimpembe is a long shot to leave PSG. Silva is getting old and he knows he'll soon start with Marqui.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@Evilo

According to Bouhafsi, LFC are out on Fekir but have decided to stay looking at Lyon and are now going for Aouar. Chelsea may be in contention too. What are your thoughts on that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad