Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I'm thinking the CR7 transfer turned out to be a mistake for you guys.

Juve had a great core with Dybala and Douglas Costa supplying Higuain in the middle. If they just invested in a midfield last year, they would've been better off.

Now they're looking into these short term moves to desperately win a CL, but I wouldn't even put them among the top 3 favorites after them. At the rate it is going, it will not be long before Inter are back challenging for Serie A again.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There are more than 3 teams in La Liga. And I think he should still stick to Juve as he's their only creative offensive option. He could play with a chip on his shoulder and should be able to play himself back to the XI. While Atletico isn't an ideal fit, I think it is a better option than Man Utd and the English style of game.

See below. He’s rejecting manu even with their pedigree and astronomical wages. But he’s going to accept Valencia?

There are not more than three teams in La Liga for a player of Dybala’s quality.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
See below. He’s rejecting manu even with their pedigree and astronomical wages. But he’s going to accept Valencia?
Well, we did see Betis make an ambitious signing like Fekir. Valencia are not a team without history either. Beautiful city, food women and a pretty good team. They have been spending more the last two summers and it's not like their owner is poor.

... But since Juve are somehow fixated on Lukaku, it doesn't give him that option unfortunately. Poor guy is getting screwed over hard.

I'm just saying, I'd fight for my place at Juve a la Bale at Real instead of joining a trainwreck like Man Utd.

Last edited:

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I'm thinking the CR7 transfer turned out to be a mistake for you guys.

Juve had a great core with Dybala and Douglas Costa supplying Higuain in the middle. If they just invested in a midfield last year, they would've been better off.

Now they're looking into these short term moves to desperately win a CL, but I wouldn't even put them among the top 3 favorites after them. At the rate it is going, it will not be long before Inter are back challenging for Serie A again.

The biggest mistake was buying Higuain when the biggest need was midfield when you lose Pogba, Vidal, and Pirlo in one transfer market.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Ronaldo deal because of his age and price. A crippled Ronaldo is still ten times the player Higuain is. Did we absolutely need Ronaldo? No, not really.

If the Dybala/Lukaku and the Cancelo deal goes through I am throwing any champions league hopes out the window. Right now we are definitely not top three maybe top five. I wish they would more emphasis on the Midfield. I am not fully sold on Ramsey because of his injury problems. They should do everything they can to get Pogba or SMS.

This has to be the most idiotic way of stopping Inter from getting Lukaku. It's too bad Inter didn't buy him fast enough. ManU should pay teams to take him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The biggest mistake was buying Higuain when the biggest need was midfield when you lose Pogba, Vidal, and Pirlo in one transfer market.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Ronaldo deal because of his age and price. A crippled Ronaldo is still ten times the player Higuain is. Did we absolutely need Ronaldo? No, not really.

If the Dybala/Lukaku and the Cancelo deal goes through I am throwing any champions league hopes out the window. Right now we are definitely not top three maybe top five. I wish they would more emphasis on the Midfield. I am not fully sold on Ramsey because of his injury problems. They should do everything they can to get Pogba or SMS.

This has to be the most idiotic way of stopping Inter from getting Lukaku. It's too bad Inter didn't buy him fast enough. ManU should pay teams to take him.
I think everyone called that Higuain move a ploy to weaken the rival team...

It did secure them 2 more Serie A titles as a result.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well, we did see Betis make an ambitious signing like Fekir. Valencia are not a team without history either. Beautiful city, food women and a pretty good team. They have been spending more the last two summers and it's not like their owner is poor.

... But since Juve are somehow fixated on Lukaku, it doesn't give him that option unfortunately. Poor guy is getting screwed over hard.

I'm just saying, I'd fight for my place at Juve a la Bale at Real instead of joining a trainwreck like Man Utd.
Fekir and dybala are not on the same stage at the moment. Valencia’s owner isn’t poor but have they dished out 100 million on a player? Even then they’re going though some issues as we. Speak with their director and coach may be leaving. Hell just a year ago Valencia was a bigger train wreck then manu.

Bale isn’t fighting for his spot he’s fighting for his wages.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool should win the Premier League before they talk about our lack of a Champions League
Who from 2003-04 is left doing Arsenal’s transfers? Not sure how this is relevant. Liverpool’s current front office contributed to their last major trophy. Not sure Arsenal can say the same so I’d say it stands to reason Liverpool knows what they are doing

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Who from 2003-04 is left doing Arsenal’s transfers? Not sure how this is relevant. Liverpool’s current front office contributed to their last major trophy. Not sure Arsenal can say the same so I’d say it stands to reason Liverpool knows what they are doing

Not talking about transfers at all, talking about fanbases.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool should win the Premier League before their fans discuss our transfers

Liverpool should win the Premier League before they talk about our lack of a Champions League

This is an interesting stance to take given Liverpool have won many more league titles than Arsenal (we don't even need to discuss Europe).

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013

How is any of this conversation relevant? Arsenal fans don't have the right to say United overpaid for an average defender in Maguire? Like I know there's been one Arsenal fan in particular setting everyone else off, but there's no need to get into a pissing match with the rest of us.

Money really isn't an issue for these clubs, people make too big a deal about transfer fees. It would be better for United to way overpay on a legit upgrade than find a more fair price for someone that is only a moderate upgrade or not an upgrade at all. I'd rather overpay for a legitimately good player, than pass and spend less on someone that won't improve the roster forcing you to spend big money against in a season or 2.

I agree with the general sentiment that its ok to overpay to get "your guy", but United significantly overpaid for an average defender. There were other options that would have been just as much of an upgrade for cheaper.

Says that if Joao Felix cost what he cost, Sane should cost more and that's why his price to Bayern is so high.

Actually sounds pretty logical to me. City shouldn't sell Sane for under 120M.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
More problems for Man Utd and Dybala?
By Football Italia staff

Manchester United reportedly offered close to Paulo Dybala’s wage demands, but the Juventus striker’s image rights are a problem.
The two clubs are in full agreement and Romelu Lukaku has worked out personal terms with the Bianconeri, so the only thing holding up this transfer is Dybala.
According to Sportitalia and the Corriere dello Sport, Manchester United have proposed €11m per year plus bonuses, which is very close to the €12m plus add-ons demand.
It remains to be seen whether they’ll accept the rumoured €15m commission that Dybala’s agent is asking for, or indeed if La Joya will agree to make the move to Old Trafford at all, as he seems uncertain of the destination.
There is another problem to contend with, as the Corriere dello Sport and Tuttomercatoweb also point out Dybala is still in the middle of a legal battle.
He signed away his image rights to agency Star Image in 2016, only to then tear up the 10-year contract just 12 months later, at the same time that he broke off suddenly from agent Pierpaolo Triulzi.
They are still suing him for breach of contract to the tune of €40m, which includes interest, and paperwork was filed in Paris today with the International Chamber of Commerce.

If Dybala’s image rights are a subject of legal contention, it might put Manchester United off the transfer, considering how much of their revenue comes from merchandising.
There is also the matter of his contract with Adidas, which could be considered void if a judge rules Dybala did not have control of his image rights at the time of the signature.

Unless this was all just a ploy with Juventus just to make sure Lukaku to Inter didn't go trough knowing this transfer could potentially not go through because of the imaging rights.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I agree with the general sentiment that its ok to overpay to get "your guy", but United significantly overpaid for an average defender. There were other options that would have been just as much of an upgrade for cheaper.
I'm not saying he was the right guy, I was just comparing it to the Kepa situation. Kepa performed above what some people on here expected out of him. Still overpaid, but as a Chelsea fan I don't care. I'd rather overpay on him than what we did with Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Morata, etc.

What I'm saying is this, if he's quality, then price doesn't matter, that would be a Kepa situation. If he sucks, then yes, it's awful, and that would be a Morata situation. I'd still prefer my team to swing for the fences instead of buying an inferior player just to have a fair priced deal.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I'm not saying he was the right guy, I was just comparing it to the Kepa situation. Kepa performed above what some people on here expected out of him. Still overpaid, but as a Chelsea fan I don't care. I'd rather overpay on him than what we did with Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Morata, etc.

What I'm saying is this, if he's quality, then price doesn't matter, that would be a Kepa situation. If he sucks, then yes, it's awful, and that would be a Morata situation. I'd still prefer my team to swing for the fences instead of buying an inferior player just to have a fair priced deal.

The biggest difference for me is this - Cheslea overpaid for Kepa at the time, but there was still room for him to develop into a top GK over the next few years. United is overpaying for Maguire, who I think is mostly a finished product at this point, and I think most people agree with here.

Reactions: Cassano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad