2019 Season Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is it time to drop Cam Newton? He's lost me two straight weeks on the back of his performances.

On the other hand, my alternatives are:
Rivers
Stafford
Garoppolo
Dalton
Keenum
Trubisky (yuck)
Newton missed practice with a foot injury and game status is uncertain. I would get a backup, but if Newton is able to heal up, he'll be fine to be a starter again.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Should I drop Kenyan Drake? Dolphins offence is anemic but if I drop him I'm left with 3 RBs - D Johnson, Mack & James White.

Thought about picking up Nelson Aghlor but does anyone have a sleeper RB that I should look at?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Is it time to drop Cam Newton? He's lost me two straight weeks on the back of his performances.

On the other hand, my alternatives are:
Rivers
Stafford
Garoppolo
Dalton
Keenum
Trubisky (yuck)

I wouldn't of drafted him in the first place TBH.

I think Rivers is your best bet here, with Stafford a second option.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Should I drop Kenyan Drake? Dolphins offence is anemic but if I drop him I'm left with 3 RBs - D Johnson, Mack & James White.

Thought about picking up Nelson Aghlor but does anyone have a sleeper RB that I should look at?
I'd probably wait on Drake until we see if he is traded.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Only reason to keep Drake is to wait and see if he gets traded. His value could sky rocket in that scenario. Right now, there is no way you'd ever start him, but if you don't need to drop, I'd consider waiting a bit.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Demarcus Robinson or Will Fuller?

This would be a waiver pickup to replace Donte Moncrief
I'd lean Fuller, but either one works. With Hill out, you just never know who will get the big game in the Chiefs offense. If you are good with the ultimate boom/bust, then maybe you'd prefer Robinson. The Chiefs offense is guaranteed to put up huge fantasy numbers, but the only ones you can rely on are Mahomes and Kelce, Hill once he returns. Even Hill is a boom/bust for a WR1.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'd probably wait on Drake until we see if he is traded.

Only reason to keep Drake is to wait and see if he gets traded. His value could sky rocket in that scenario. Right now, there is no way you'd ever start him, but if you don't need to drop, I'd consider waiting a bit.

Thats what I was thinking. He's one starting RB injury away from being shipped out and potentially producing like he did last year, if not better.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Thats what I was thinking. He's one starting RB injury away from being shipped out and potentially producing like he did last year, if not better.
Depends on your roster though because the chances of him actually being traded probably aren't that high, and then him being traded to a team that is both good for a RB and has enough volume to give him is even lower. He's better than Hyde, but it could be like Hyde going to Jacksonville last year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Depends on your roster though because the chances of him actually being traded probably aren't that high, and then him being traded to a team that is both good for a RB and has enough volume to give him is even lower.

I have David Johnson + Marlon Mack as my typical starting RBs, then James White as a backup/FLEX option.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I have David Johnson + Marlon Mack as my typical starting RBs, then James White as a backup/FLEX option.
I was meaning more so if your bench spots are valuable in your league or if you can just stash players and it doesn't matter. If Drake stays in Miami, he just isn't worth even owning.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Looking for opinions on putting a trade together. In one leauge my current RBs 1 and 2 are Aaron Jones and Damien Williams and after that's it's basically nothing. My WRs are Hopkins, Adams, Golladay, Sutton and Valdez-Scantling after I traded Moore for Kittle.

Guy in my league currently has Kerryon on the bench and is starting Ekeler and Bell. WRs are Diggs/Juju/Boyd. Would it make sense to do Adams for Kerryon+1 of those WRs? Probably Diggs? I have him in another league but his production so far scares me. I don't think going bigger and doing Hopkins for Juju/Kerryon would be wise. Thoughts?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Looking for opinions on putting a trade together. In one leauge my current RBs 1 and 2 are Aaron Jones and Damien Williams and after that's it's basically nothing. My WRs are Hopkins, Adams, Golladay, Sutton and Valdez-Scantling after I traded Moore for Kittle.

Guy in my league currently has Kerryon on the bench and is starting Ekeler and Bell. WRs are Diggs/Juju/Boyd. Would it make sense to do Adams for Kerryon+1 of those WRs? Probably Diggs? I have him in another league but his production so far scares me. I don't think going bigger and doing Hopkins for Juju/Kerryon would be wise. Thoughts?

who else does he have on his bench for RBs? You have a strength and WR. It would be a better bet to find a team that is heavy with RBs (2 starting/2bench) so you could do a 1wr for 1rb trade. Its nice when you can find a trade partner that is 0-2 as they become a bit more desperate to improve certain aspects of their team.

I would first try KJ + Diggs for Golladay + Valdez and negotiate from there.

I really wouldn't want to give up the tandem of Adams and Hopkins. I think Adams will start heating up as their offense adjusts to the new coach.

Reactions: Beauner

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
In a league with no TE spot, is Kittle+White for Fournette reasonable?

I guess the question is do you need Fournette that bad? who else do you have for RB? My only worry with JAX is that they are playing with a backup and their defense hasn't looked amazing by any means which should lead them to playing from behind a majority of the time this season which may hurt Fournette's touches.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I guess the question is do you need Fournette that bad? who else do you have for RB? My only worry with JAX is that they are playing with a backup and their defense hasn't looked amazing by any means which should lead them to playing from behind a majority of the time this season which may hurt Fournette's touches.
I have Mixon, Montgomery, White, and just picked up Freeman. We play QB, RB, WR, Flex, Flex. Receivers are Julio, Boyd, Fitzgerald.

I could pick up someone like Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon, Fuller, Metcalf, Duke Johnson, etc. I'm looking to try and do a 2 for 1, and this would be a small upgrade. He's 0-2 with a poor team.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
who else does he have on his bench for RBs? You have a strength and WR. It would be a better bet to find a team that is heavy with RBs (2 starting/2bench) so you could do a 1wr for 1rb trade. Its nice when you can find a trade partner that is 0-2 as they become a bit more desperate to improve certain aspects of their team.

I would first try KJ + Diggs for Golladay + Valdez and negotiate from there.

I really wouldn't want to give up the tandem of Adams and Hopkins. I think Adams will start heating up as their offense adjusts to the new coach.
His only other notable back is Duke. 12 team league and honestly every other team has 3 startable RBs max. He actually most closely resembles what you described in bold. But I'll try that, thanks!

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I have Mixon, Montgomery, White, and just picked up Freeman. We play QB, RB, WR, Flex, Flex. Receivers are Julio, Boyd, Fitzgerald.

I could pick up someone like Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon, Fuller, Metcalf, Duke Johnson, etc. I'm looking to try and do a 2 for 1, and this would be a small upgrade. He's 0-2 with a poor team.

D. Freeman or Royce?

The upside for Kittle should be high as the season progresses and he finds his rhythm with Grapp
(I actually traded him as well last week as I had Anderson. to also upgrade my RB position ended up trading Kittle and T.Williams for Kerryon and Hokenson ).

I think fornette +white would be ok value for Kittle. I can only see Fornette getting better throughout the season.

Looking at your roster would it be better to trade Kittle for a RB + WR to round it out a bit? Fuller could be a nice player to snatch.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh

That's interesting. I'm thinking I would make that trade and pick up Metcalf. And if Mixon miraculously rebounds you either have a solid RB/Flex tandem or you can trade him for help elsewhere. I've never played in a league like that but I don't know how comfortable I'd ever be starting a TE that's not Kelce.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's interesting. I'm thinking I would make that trade and pick up Metcalf. And if Mixon miraculously rebounds you either have a solid RB/Flex tandem or you can trade him for help elsewhere. I've never played in a league like that but I don't know how comfortable I'd ever be starting a TE that's not Kelce.
Kelce, Kittle, and Ertz are the only ones in our league worth playing. Scoring is also really adjusted, so each position is pretty balanced. Also play with IDP's, it's a weird one.

Last season, Kittle was just behind White, Mixon, Woods, and David Johnson. Just ahead of guys like Lindsay, Ertz, Allen, Lockett, Diggs, Cooks.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
D. Freeman or Royce?

The upside for Kittle should be high as the season progresses and he finds his rhythm with Grapp
(I actually traded him as well last week as I had Anderson. to also upgrade my RB position ended up trading Kittle and T.Williams for Kerryon and Hokenson ).

I think fornette +white would be ok value for Kittle. I can only see Fornette getting better throughout the season.

Looking at your roster would it be better to trade Kittle for a RB + WR to round it out a bit? Fuller could be a nice player to snatch.
Royce, figured if Lindsay gets hurt or if they decide Royce earns a bigger share, he'll become a RB2.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
His only other notable back is Duke. 12 team league and honestly every other team has 3 startable RBs max. He actually most closely resembles what you described in bold. But I'll try that, thanks!

got ya. 12 team leagues are a tough one for RBs. I would def try not throwing Adams into the mix unless you absolutely have to. based on production after 2 weeks KJ + Diggs for Golladay + Valdez would be a very reasonable trade.. after that it just comes to that managers expectations/value of KJ and Diggs on his team. It also gets rid of having both Valdez and Adams. Adams has proven to be reasonably healthy throughout his career and Diggs can supplement your WR bye week for Adams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad