Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I like Krebs too, sounds like a good leader and two way player but hasn't shown elite finishing yet. His brother is so tall, I wonder if he will get bigger. Unrelated, check out his sister ;)
Just saw, his sister is 19 yearold country singer Maddison Krebs.
If he gets drafted by Carolina or Florida, her music will fit their fandom.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Just saw, his sister is 19 yearold country singer Maddison Krebs.
If he gets drafted by Carolina or Florida, her music will fit their fandom.

Good looking family for sure, haha. Maybe Predators trade Austin Watson (I thought this dude was gonna be a steal of a contract and he plays like a young Kesler!) to trade up for Krebs to replace Fisher!

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Good looking family for sure, haha. Maybe Predators trade Austin Watson (I thought this dude was gonna be a steal of a contract and he plays like a young Kesler!) to trade up for Krebs to replace Fisher!
While were at it, SJ should trade up from the 2nd round to the 1st round to draft Alex Vlasic, Vlasic's cousin who's 5 inches taller than Marc Vlasic, then they can play Pickle with the Puck.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Have to admit this line would be fun to watch if they end up with Cozens:
Comtois/Cozens/Jones : Speed + Size + Skill. They'd be like a Bull in a China Shop.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
The goal should be to pick top-10. These are the top-7 centers, in my opinion: Hughes, Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Turcotte, Krebs, Newhook. These are the non-centers who will likely be sprinkled in between the centers: Kakko, Podkolzin, Boldy, Byram.

A really good player will be selected eleventh overall. Now what if a team picking top-10 wants to select a defenseman but Byram is already off the board? Then Broberg probably gets thrown into the mix and a center falls one spot lower.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I really love Newhook. Smart 200ft player with speed to burn. Krebs is my 2nd choice.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The goal should be to pick top-10. These are the top-7 centers, in my opinion: Hughes, Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Turcotte, Krebs, Newhook. These are the non-centers who will likely be sprinkled in between the centers: Kakko, Podkolzin, Boldy, Byram.

A really good player will be selected eleventh overall. Now what if a team picking top-10 wants to select a defenseman but Byram is already off the board? Then Broberg probably gets thrown into the mix and a center falls one spot lower.
Another winger in Raphael Lavoie could go into the top 10 as well, he can also play Center too i read.
I hope Edmonton takes Boldy or Lavoie so a few Centers fall a few spots, as well as some team taking Yo Bro berg in the top 10 after missing out on Byram.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
We'll see if the additions motivate the squad, but if they appear as deflated as they did before the break, this could get interesting quickly. Hawks blew out Buffalo tonight, they're only 4 back of the Ducks in the standings.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
We'll see if the additions motivate the squad, but if they appear as deflated as they did before the break, this could get interesting quickly. Hawks blew out Buffalo tonight, they're only 4 back of the Ducks in the standings.
I'm rooting for every team with a higher pick than the Ducks to win their games & if the high pick teams play against each other for it to go into OT so each at least gets a point.
If Edmonton wins their next game they have 51 points in 51 games but have more ROW so the Ducks would move up in the draft.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
At this point we certainly might try to make Henrique trade bait, but what would be the return? A streaky fringe top-six center who can absolutely tear it up when he's hot, but is unnoticeable when he's not probably will only result in a prospect and a second, as much as I would like for him to return a first.

Nevertheless, I'd try to part with Fowler, Henrique, Eaves, Silfverberg and Shore. Those combined should always net us two firsts, a second, and some prospects. Not to mention we'd get rid of 18.75M in cap space for the next seasons and thus put us in a much better position re-signing our young players while still adding someone noticeable through free agency like Duchene, Eberle or Panarin up front, or Tyler Myers on defense.

The problem I see is that neither the Samuelis nor BM appear to be giving up on the season just yet and I wonder whether or not they actually want to righten the ship, or go the dumb route and not part with anyone, hoping for the team to "just be better" next season.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
At this point we certainly might try to make Henrique trade bait, but what would be the return? A streaky fringe top-six center who can absolutely tear it up when he's hot, but is unnoticeable when he's not probably will only result in a prospect and a second, as much as I would like for him to return a first.

Nevertheless, I'd try to part with Fowler, Henrique, Eaves, Silfverberg and Shore. Those combined should always net us two firsts, a second, and some prospects. Not to mention we'd get rid of 18.75M in cap space for the next seasons and thus put us in a much better position re-signing our young players while still adding someone noticeable through free agency like Duchene, Eberle or Panarin up front, or Tyler Myers on defense.

The problem I see is that neither the Samuelis nor BM appear to be giving up on the season just yet and I wonder whether or not they actually want to righten the ship, or go the dumb route and not part with anyone, hoping for the team to "just be better" next season.
They need too blow it up.. id even sell low on big contracts

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We now have the 5th pick because Chicago won. Chicago has 20 ROW & we have 18.
Tankathon | 2019 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator
Their mock draft has us getting Cozens but i can't see LA & Detroit passing on him.
my first time clicking generate....
Untitled.jpg

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
So help us God...first try:

tankathonmockdraft12vk0g.jpg

As much as I would like to have Kakko, picking #2 is going to be painful this year, I guess. Lost out on the (allegedly) clear-cut best center not named McJesus in the past decade and then having a hard time by picking a winger one maybe doesn't necessarily need.

EDIT: Sorry, I was left under the impression that the screenshot would be automatically adjusted.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
my first time clicking generate....
Untitled.jpg
Oh my the thought that it could happen.
Based on Colorado players point per game rates this year & then adding Hughes + Kakko & Makar to that group:

Landeskog/MacKinnon/Rantanen
Soderberg/Hughes/Kakko - Hughes vs Kakko in the Calder race on the same team !
Compher/Kerfoot/Calvert
Nieto/Wilson/Jost

Johnson/Barrie
Girard/Makar
Cole/Zadorov

NHL.com - Stats

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So help us God...first try:

tankathonmockdraft12vk0g.jpg

As much as I would like to have Kakko, picking #2 is going to be painful this year, I guess. Lost out on the (allegedly) clear-cut best center not named McJesus in the past decade and then having a hard time by picking a winger one maybe doesn't necessarily need.

EDIT: Sorry, I was left under the impression that the screenshot would be automatically adjusted.
Trade down with the RedWings ? Detroit might also acquire a late 1st from a Nyquist trade.
Ducks then draft Cozens & with the late first they take Peletier or Brink or a Dman like Heinola.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That just wouldn't be fair :laugh:

Mind you, mine isn't much better:
y1dpgfG.jpg
Poor Hughes, he'll end up having to take anti-depressant SSRI's after being drafted by Edmonton.
In a few years when they got to make room for his new contract they'll have to move someone, so good bye Nuge or Draisaitl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad