OT: 2019-nCov Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Because we might like to laugh in this hard time and stress, etc, let's have fun watching "Driving a rental truck" by Michael Winslow. So funny, all those noises: the kitty, the wind, the harness, the crows, the starter, the engine, passing gears of a big truck without using the clutch, the horn, the music on the radio, the hitchhykers, too funny !!

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Because we might like to laugh in this hard time and stress, etc, let's have fun watching "Driving a rental truck" by Michael Winslow. So funny, all those noises: the kitty, the wind, the harness, the crows, the starter, the engine, passing gears of a big truck without using the clutch, the horn, the music on the radio, the hitchhykers, too funny !!

Is that the guy from the Police Academy? Anyway, it was really funny.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You can call me at 1-900-876-5432, I'll get rid of your anxiety and stress, only $3.99 a minute. :laugh:

It's a scam. He's actually charging 3.99 USD. Not in this economy, bucko. :thumbd:

wow. this is like 9$ CAD.

In this time of crisis, I'll forgo the exchange rate.

b8aX92a.jpg

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In the state they changed it to Exxon because jewishs community didn't like the ss in Esso, is it true of a rumour?

I doubt it's true. I'm sure Jewish tailors use scissors, chefs like Osso Buco, teachers love their classes and everyone wants the sweet kisses!

Swastikas are another thing entirely.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I doubt it's true. I'm sure Jewish tailors use scissors, chefs like Osso Buco, teachers love their classes and everyone wants the sweet kisses!

Swastikas are another thing entirely.

I believe it was a consolidation by Exxon because apart from Esso there were 2 other companies, can't remember their names now. I read a a biography (very good btw) about Rockefeller, the SO in Esso stands for Standard Oil. Anyway after finishing the book I did some checking online and it was also some 75 year old court verdict that was involved. I am pretty sure that you are correct.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
yes but a vaccine is over a year away. is the goal to flatten the curve for a year?

No.

We have to flatten it to give us time to organize a plan and build more ressources/infrastructure. If we can set up a strong testing and tracing system, which is entirely within our reach, the measure won't have to be so draconian, but we can't let the spread get out of hand before that happens.

Letting the disease run its course would be a catastrophe. That's what some people worrying about the economy don't understand. The measures won't take much longer than doing nothing. Doing nothing, even with the most optimistic scenarios, would cause an unacceptable amount of deaths.

When you look specifically at the Italian regions most hit and their daily death toll compared to their populations, the numbers are terrifying. I can't imagine what a real peak with no measures would look like.

Last edited:

newdimension

May 18, 2013
I think we're likely to do multiple "curves". For example, maybe things open a little during the summer (if/when numbers go down), but close down a little towards the fall, hoping to contain a 2nd wave and so on. At least until we can get a vaccine ready.

It all depends on how things go in the next 2-3 months. If we can get a handle of things, find some more treatments, get more ventilators and build some better infrastructure, we might be able to loosen things for a bit. That's why the current situation in China is going to something that needs to be watched and could be predictive of North American life in a few months time.

It's going to be a weird/hard year+, but we need to hold strong and be smart, protective and empathetic -- of both the sick/elderly, but also to those who are going to face some economic trouble.

edit: Pulled this from twitter: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETlYqdDXYAUYp7q?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

It's a tabular data of comparisons between Italy/China/USA in terms of how much of the population has been infected.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
No.

We have to flatten it to give us time to organize a plan and build more ressources/infrastructure. If we can set up a strong testing and tracing system, which is entirely within our reach, the measure won't have to be so draconian, but we can't let the spread get out of hand before that happens.

Letting the disease run its course would be a catastrophe. That's what some people worrying about the economy don't understand. The measures won't take much longer than doing nothing. Doing nothing, even with the most optimistic scenarios, would cause an unacceptable amount of deaths.

When you look specifically at the Italian regions most hit and their daily death toll compared to their populations, the numbers are terrifying. I can't imagine what a real peak with no measures would look like.
Doing nothing and letting this thing run its course could possibly collapse our society.

The thought of it and it's effect on humanity is terrifying.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
If someone has any knowledge about doing your taxes with ImpôtSimple or any of those free tax program, can you send me a PM? I have questions in regards to my EI.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/british-man-faces-jail-time-for-violating-coronavirus-quarantine/

A British man has been arrested for allegedly failing to self-isolate amid the coronavirus outbreak and faces three months behind bars, according to a report.

The suspect, the first Briton to be arrested for allegedly violating quarantine rues, faces a fine of up to 10,000 pounds — about $12,000 (Us Dollars)— and a jail sentence of three months.

Same thing happened over here in Quebec city today. A woman left her domicile and was wondering around while infected. She refused to self-isolate herself. Police arrested her. I think she was having a mental breakdown and was taken to psychiatric facility.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Just my luck that my unnemployement finished 2 weeks ago. Now I'm at home and seriously thinking about going to work in a grocery store for pennies just to work. I'm a construction worker and got f***ed.

do ya have any school age kids?

"Introducing the Emergency Care Benefit providing up to $900 bi-weekly, for up to 15 weeks. This flat-payment Benefit would be administered through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and provide income support to: Workers, including the self-employed, who are quarantined or sick with COVID-19 but do not qualify for EI sickness benefits. Workers, including the self-employed, who are taking care of a family member who is sick with COVID-19, such as an elderly parent, but do not quality for EI sickness benefits. Parents with children who require care or supervision due to school closures, and are unable to earn employment income, irrespective of whether they qualify for EI or not."

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad