Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke Witkowski

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What would you answer when asked by a non-hockey fan: Who's the Lightning's best player? I mean, right now because I have tickets. Who should I watch out for?

Let's do that and go down the list.
Rules: None. The definition of "best" is entirely up to you.
Leave a post to let the world know why your pick is superior to all other picks.

#1 NIKITA KUCHEROV
71.4% of votes

jK8NlLW.png

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Went with Hedman. Given how the team was playing in the playoffs when he was hurt/concussed it shows how important he is. It wasn't his best season last season but he's still a monster.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think this one is clearly Hedman. Gets more complicated after this though.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Point>Hedman>Mcdonagh>Gourde>Stamkos seems about right. Maybe Cirelli ahead of Stamkos aswell though.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
How about in the playoffs when it actually matters? Who was better?

In the 4 playoff games? There really isnt much bragging room for anybody in the last 6 playoff games really. Cirelli probably had a better effort than Stamkos but they play such different roles its hard to say that Cirelli is just better. Like I doubt Cirelli was on the other teams worry list as much as Stamkos was. Players like Cirelli have to step up in the playoffs because players like Stamkos get keyed in on. Its just not a real fair comparison. As hard as I have been on Stamkos these last few years I cant say I agree on this take.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
In the 4 playoff games? There really isnt much bragging room for anybody in the last 6 playoff games really. Cirelli probably had a better effort than Stamkos but they play such different roles its hard to say that Cirelli is just better. Like I doubt Cirelli was on the other teams worry list as much as Stamkos was. Players like Cirelli have to step up in the playoffs because players like Stamkos get keyed in on. Its just not a real fair comparison. As hard as I have been on Stamkos these last few years I cant say I agree on this take.

I don’t really think Stamkos is even worse in the playoffs than in the regular season. It’s just that he is pretty much only good on the powerplay which doesn’t help much in the playoffs. Someone like Cirelli just does way more at even strenght so there is a good argument he is more valuable in the playoffs.

I do get that Stamkos is supposedly a franchise player and him being worse than a third line center sounds ridiculous but I think we’ve seen enough of Stamkos in the playoffs to know he isn’t ever gonna do much there.

Anyways it’s not coincidence that when we moved Cirelli next to Stamkos things actually started happening.

Attachments

• E305011E-9134-439F-BEA4-B43003D54973.png
    E305011E-9134-439F-BEA4-B43003D54973.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 4

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Kucherov
Hedman
Stamkos
Point
Vasilevskiy
McDonagh
Johnson
Gourde
Cirelli
Cernak
Killorn
Sergachev
Palat
Joseph
Coburn
Paquette
Erne
Callahan
Schenn
Rutta

Leaving the other goalies out

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kucherov
Hedman
Stamkos
Point
Vasilevskiy
McDonagh
Johnson
Gourde
Cirelli
Cernak
Killorn
Sergachev
Palat
Joseph
Coburn
Paquette
Erne
Callahan
Schenn
Rutta

Leaving the other goalies out

I might swap Cirelli and Gourde. Not even sure. This might be identical to my list. Maybe Joseph above Palat? And I might have Paquette a bit higher. But maybe not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad