2019 Dallas Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think this is Jim clearing up a little more room for Pavelski, Stralman (or another D), Dickinson.

Pavelski at 3 x 6.5
Stralman at 2 x 3
Dickinson at 2 x 2

That's 11 million total.

That would be an absolute steal of a contract. No way Stralman is coming that cheap . After Myers Stralman is the best RHD on the market.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
If they sign Hartman, which I really don't think is as close as we initially believed, we're probably moving one of Jamark, Comeau, or Cogliano.

Cogs has a modified NTC though so he might be least likely on the list.

This is a weird time right now, a lot could change about our roster in the next week or 2.
Cogliano is the most over paid and Comeau needs to go as well. I can see Janmark rebounding, he is young enough to think it might just have been a down year.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
That would be an absolute steal of a contract. No way Stralman is coming that cheap . After Myers Stralman is the best RHD on the market.

He had a bad year, but you are right someone will probably overpay that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He had a bad year, but you are right someone will probably overpay that.

I know he had a bad year but he was making 4.5 Million AAV . With how few players at his position are on the market i don't think he's going to have to take a paycut.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
That is true.. Nill always pulls the weird stuff not the standard sign multiple UFAs that are bigger names.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
No idea what Nill may be up to but it’s exciting.

Kessel, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Duchene, Dzingel are a handful of names and he’s got a little bit of money open/to spend.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
There's no way Tampa can really pay Pavelski especially not with still having to re-sign Point and a couple of other RFA's. He'd really have to take a paycut to play there.

If he's more focused on winning the cup and looking for the best possible chance and it's down to two teams- Dallas and Tampa, then the decision is easy. How much of a massive paycut he'd take would be interesting to see.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
If he's more focused on winning the cup and looking for the best possible chance and it's down to two teams- Dallas and Tampa, then the decision is easy. How much of a massive paycut he'd take would be interesting to see.

Sharks fans keep talking about how he has taken pay cuts his whole career. So hopefully he isn’t willing to take a big enough cut to make the cap work for Tampa. I would imagine he doesn’t wanna take a huge cut as this will be his last contract unless he signs for 1 year.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Carr - Hintz - Pavelski
Janmark - Dickinson - Perry
Cogliano - Faksa - Comeau

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Ristolainen
Oleksiak - Polak
Johns

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Gurianov - Hintz - Zuccarello
Janmark - Dickinson - Hartman
Cogliano - Dellandrea - Comeau

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Ristolainen
Polak - Johns
Oleksiak

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
What exactly are we trading for Risto in these scenarios

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Sharks fans keep talking about how he has taken pay cuts his whole career. So hopefully he isn’t willing to take a big enough cut to make the cap work for Tampa. I would imagine he doesn’t wanna take a huge cut as this will be his last contract unless he signs for 1 year.

Well, you have a point, but TB is the last place he is likely to hit paydirt. TB will have to do some major tinkering and ship out the likes of Palat/Killorn/Johnson for cheap and convince Point and Paquette to agree affordable bridge deals and cap-hits to give what Pavs may ask. Then again, I see Pavs signing with TB to win and signing for cheap. Can he succeed in Dallas's defensive system? I'm sure he's weighing that in too.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Gurianov - Hintz - Zuccarello
Janmark - Dickinson - Hartman
Cogliano - Dellandrea - Comeau

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Ristolainen
Polak - Johns
Oleksiak

Yes, let's just keep giving undeserving players top-six slots without having to prove their worth. That worked so well with Nichushkin.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yes, let's just keep giving undeserving players top-six slots without having to prove their worth. That worked so well with Nichushkin.

I mean Nichuskin got those minutes because the teams depth was complete garbage in his first few seasons. Nichuskin played top6 because he was the best option , not a particularly good one i agree , not because he was this prospects forced into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad