2019-2020 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I never agreed with the writers that had McShane as a better playmaker then Hillis (not sure he's better then Fonstad either) looks like OHL coaches agree with me.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Best defensive forward #3 looks great on his resume to be signed.
It's one of the major edges he has on his competition for an ELC (McShane, Fonstad and Houde) . His two way game is already pretty polished and he's got a good motor so his transition to the pros could potentially be smoother than the other 3 guys.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Hillis' game reminds me a lot of Plekanec but without that top gear of speed. So that'll definitely hold him back, but the full-rounded package of smarts and skill is there, so two years in the A and you never know.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
How does he compare to Brady Vail?
It's difficult to compare them at the same age, outside of the two way mentality they don't have much in common . Vail was taller and a better skater but he didn't have the playmaking skills or the motor that Hillis has right now. He did manage to make a decent pro career for himself at the ECHL level in the end by building around his toolbox, which Hillis wouldn't be able to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wats

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
since it looks like hockey is done for the year, a look to where each prospect will be playing next season.

NCAA

Hockey East -
Harris (Junior)/Struble (Soph) - Northeastern

Big Ten -
Caufield (Soph)/Gorniak (Junior) - Wisconsin
Pitlick (Freshman) - Minnesota

NCHC -
Stapley (Junior) - Denver

Euro Leagues

SHL -
Norlinder - Frolunda
Olofsson - Skellefta
Dichow - Malmo (or Sudbury of the OHL if he opts to come over)

Liiga -
Ikonen - Ilves

CHL

OHL -
LeGuerrier - Soo Greyhounds (1 of 2 finalist to host '21 Memorial Cup)

WHL -
Fairbrother - Everett Silvertips

(both LeGuerrie and Fairbrother are eligible to play in the AHL next year or CHL as overagers, no word yet on where either will play as they don't have to sign them so they can wait until the end of training camp in the Fall to announce)

Junior A

BCHL -
Ruscheinski - Salmon Arm Silverbacks

(not official just guessing)

AHL/ECHL

Laval -
Alain
Brook
Evans (rfa)
Fleury
Leskinen
Pezzetta
Poehling
Primeau
Teasdale
Vejdemo (rfa)
Verbeek
Ylonen

Not sure yet- Romanov, Khisamutdinov, RHP, Hillis, Fonstad, McShane, Houde.

I expect Romanov to sign with us, Hillis, to be in Laval, RHP perhaps in the ECHL.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Romanov is going to play in Montreal next season on the third pairing for the begin. There is a hard push from Montreal to sign him. No way hes gonna leave KHL for playing in the AHL... fleury and Evans are gonna start in montreal too

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The articles on RDS about some guys are really encouraging. Regarding Fairborther, his coach said he was probably the best D-man on the PK in the entire WHL. Really high praise there. He said he used him as a sort of "second coach" because he understands the play really well.

Fairbrother is legit imo, just that he's buried under the most impressive D prospect depth I have ever seen the Habs in my 20+ years of following our farm system.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Romanov is going to play in Montreal next season on the third pairing for the begin. There is a hard push from Montreal to sign him. No way hes gonna leave KHL for playing in the AHL... fleury and Evans are gonna start in montreal too

I don't think Fleury will be in the NHL to start the year unless a trade is made as Juulsen has to be with the Habs or traded since they aren't going to put him on waivers. Evans we'll see as he doesn't need to clear waivers next year so I could see him splitting his time.

I fully expect Romanov to be in the NHL, have been saying so all year but with the NHL shutdown and his comments about possibly re-signing with CSKA I opted not to put him as a lock with the Habs despite the fact that I still think he's a Hab next year.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Le mystère Romanov expliqué par Timmins - TVA Sports

Timmins saying in this article (sorry in french) that the reason why Romanov hasnt been given much ice time with CSKA is because he is already commited to the Habs for next year... What is incredibly low level from CSKA if true... Then Timmins mock the Russians a bit saying he should care about what he says in case he is spied on... :laugh:

Finally, Timmins compares Romanov's personality to the one of Gallagher, hard work kid and a great teammate always looking at motivate them...

Reactions: WinterLion

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Le mystère Romanov expliqué par Timmins - TVA Sports

Timmins saying in this article (sorry in french) that the reason why Romanov hasnt been given much ice time with CSKA is because he is already commited to the Habs for next year... What is incredibly low level from CSKA if true... Then Timmins mock the Russians a bit saying he should care about what he says in case he is spied on... :laugh:

Finally, Timmins compares Romanov's personality to the one of Gallagher, hard work kid and a great teammate always looking at motivate them...

the dream is to see Montreal bring back Kovalchuk and have a Marner-Marleau situation with Romanov to ease the transition. I haven’t seen much of Romanov’s English but can’t imagine it’s too good.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A 2 seasons contract . Someone knows if there is a special clause if he wants to play with the Habs in year #2 ?

I don't know if it specifically has to be a clause or if it's automatic that he can come over here even before it expires because of the transfer agreement between the SHL an the NHL.

I do recall Vejdemo signed a deal with Djurgardens after the SHL season was over. A few months later, he signed his ELC with Montreal and came over here even though he had a deal with Djurgardens in place.

But there may have been a specific clause in his contract, too.

Reactions: JAPPO

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Great news. He can now continue his development in the top league in Sweden. No need to rush this player.
i have a lot of hope about him and think that he would have more considerations if he was playing in North America . We didn't see him a lot so we don't have a good overview of his skills, but i am confident that he will be a top player for the Habs

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Is it just me or does that blue line lack size in a major way?

LD : Romanov (5'11'', physical), Harris (5'11'' not physical), Struble (6'0'' physical), Norlinder (5'10'' not physical).
RD : Drysdale (5'11'', not physical), Juulsen (6'2'', physical), Brook (6'1, not physical), Fleury (6'1'' physical).

Yeah, a little bit. No 6'3'' or 6'4'' D yet.
Even with fairbrother (6'1'') or Leguerrier(6'2'') in the bottomD, we are not that big.

But I could see
Drysdale - Struble
Juulsen - Romanov
Brook/Fleury - Harris/Norlinder

But, as said earlier (vachon23), Drysdale probably won't be there at 8...

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
LD : Romanov (5'11'', physical), Harris (5'11'' not physical), Struble (6'0'' physical), Norlinder (5'10'' not physical).
RD : Drysdale (5'11'', not physical), Juulsen (6'2'', physical), Brook (6'1, not physical), Fleury (6'1'' physical).

Yeah, a little bit. No 6'3'' or 6'4'' D yet.
Even with fairbrother (6'1'') or Leguerrier(6'2'') in the bottomD, we are not that big.

But I could see
Drysdale - Struble
Juulsen - Romanov
Brook/Fleury - Harris/Norlinder

But, as said earlier (vachon23), Drysdale probably won't be there at 8...

I would not call Fleury/Juulsen physical, they are positional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad