Roster Moves: 2019-20 Roster Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Watch Karlsson follow Panarin and Bobrovsky to Florida and they figure out a way to make it work cap wise. That'd be something.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, Tampa signing Karlsson seems like overkill. Especially if they win the Cup this year. Why ruin your cap situation for years to come when you don't really need that player?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, Tampa signing Karlsson seems like overkill. Especially if they win the Cup this year. Why ruin your cap situation for years to come when you don't really need that player?

I would think that if they win, they won't even consider it. It would just be too difficult to make work.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Mood.

Attachments

• 98D67191-D7B0-488F-9197-DE8CBA099F99.jpeg
    98D67191-D7B0-488F-9197-DE8CBA099F99.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: landsbergfan

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Fletcher mentioned in his press conference today that he was looking for one or two forwards that had a good two way game. He also wants a veteran on the blue line and a back up goaltender. First priority with the cap money was resigning the club's RFAs. So how much money is available for adding players is TBD.
What hit me the most out of the Fletcher's press conference today about the players was that he basically said that the club played dumb hockey way too often. He called for a need to change the mind set of the team. Coaching, scheming and all only goes so far. Making dumb plays will negate the best coaching and scheming. It will be interesting to see who Fletcher sees as falling into this category and gets moved.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Watch Karlsson follow Panarin and Bobrovsky to Florida and they figure out a way to make it work cap wise. That'd be something.

That would likely be over $25M in capspace/salary. I don’t really think that’s feasible.

Q still cost them over $5.25M a year in base salary (bonuses could take it up to $7M) which is a lot of money anywhere.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Fletcher mentioned in his press conference today that he was looking for one or two forwards that had a good two way game. He also wants a veteran on the blue line and a back up goaltender. First priority with the cap money was resigning the club's RFAs. So how much money is available for adding players is TBD.
What hit me the most out of the Fletcher's press conference today about the players was that he basically said that the club played dumb hockey way too often. He called for a need to change the mind set of the team. Coaching, scheming and all only goes so far. Making dumb plays will negate the best coaching and scheming. It will be interesting to see who Fletcher sees as falling into this category and gets moved.

players im guessing is jake and ghost.

Reactions: renberg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kucherov's new contract also starts next year. They will also have to have some available space for both Sergachev and Vasi's next contract in a few years, the latter of which could earn a hefty contract.

Vasi is looking at over $7 million for sure.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That would likely be over $25M in capspace/salary. I don’t really think that’s feasible.

Q still cost them over $5.25M a year in base salary (bonuses could take it up to $7M) which is a lot of money anywhere.

Yeah I don't think there's a chance, but it would be wild. They'd have to move Hoffman, a dman like Matheson, and hope Luongo retires.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I will say one thing though with this potential news & the seasons O’Brien/Rubtsov just had I’m more convinced now than I ever been that we need to trade that first rounder.

Why? Doesn't this mean we need more strong prospects to count on the losses of those guys?

A #10 pick has drastically different value/chance of success than where all those guys were picked.

#10 vs #19, #22, #52, #169.

All of those pics combined is not even double the value of #10.

upload_2019-4-8_16-18-52.png

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why? Doesn't this mean we need more strong prospects to count on the losses of those guys?

A #10 pick has drastically different value/chance of success than where all those guys were picked.

View attachment 210993

He was being sarcastic.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

View attachment 210993

I was being sarcastic. The names often thrown around aren’t valuable enough when looking at all factors involved for me to part with that pick.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I was being sarcastic. The names often thrown around aren’t valuable enough when looking at all factors involved for me to part with that pick.

Agree. The caliber of player picked there is too good.

Unless you pick a Morin.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Honestly at this point, resign the RFAs and roll out:

JVR-Giroux-Konecny
Farabee-Couts-Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Frost
Raffl-Laughton-Hartman

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers

Hart

Thats still the best line up we have seen since 2011. No more trash.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Honestly at this point, resign the RFAs and roll out:

JVR-Giroux-Konecny
Farabee-Couts-Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Frost
Raffl-Laughton-Hartman

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin-Myers

Hart

Thats still the best line up we have seen since 2011. No more trash.

Sans trash is pretty key. Have a hard time believing both Frost and Farabee would make the team next year, though certainly possible. Farabee could cook on the Phantoms for half a season and then come up.

I need to see Voracek in games that matter again, but he was pretty rough towards the end of the season effort-wise. Just horrible turnovers left and right. And I recently rewatched the highlights from the Stadium Series game (to relive one of the season's lone high points) and he was absolutely terrible there, too...one turnover led directly to a goal, two in overtime that nearly lost that game for them.

He's such a good player, just needs his head completely in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad