2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson
XXX - Mittelstadt - Reinhart
Sheary - Rodrigues - Nylander
Smith - Larsson - Girgensons
x Wilson, Okposo

Dahlin - Montour
Pilut - Ristolainen
McCabe - Bogosian
x Scandella

...is what we are looking like right now as far as I can see it, because I am not expecting any big trades at this point. Ideally we sign a stop-gap 2LW and 2C and shift Mitts to the third line. Trade Sheary for a pick and move Rodrigues to 3LW.
You're just listing last year's Sabre roster with a couple of graduated prospects, which will be indistinguishable from last year's roster as soon as an injury or two hits.

There are almost no teams that do this, much less teams that were so bad the year before

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
You're just listing last year's Sabre roster with a couple of graduated prospects, which will be indistinguishable from last year's roster as soon as an injury or two hits.

There are almost no teams that do this, much less teams that were so bad the year before
If you read the bottom, I said it’s because I don’t see much happening. The way Botts was talking, it doesn’t sound like he’s doing much in UFA, and we don’t have much to trade. Trust me, I hope I’m wrong.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Good defensemen are cheap, bad defensemen are expensive.
I mean, an argument says, get whatever you can, as him not being on the roster is a net positive. But sheesh, if P.K. is that, what’s Risto? A 2nd and a c prospect?

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I think next season you will see 2 new bottom 6 forwards and minimal changes to the top.
Defense is what needs to be overhauled with a big move. Montour was part of it, but with the injuries to Bogo/Pilut that makes things more of a challenge.

Skinner-Eichel : this needs to be a permanent thing. The 1RW can be anyone from Olofsson to Rodrgiues just not Reinhart.
Mitts-Reinhart: this should also be a consistent pair. Reinhart has really become a very good 200' player and produces away from Jack

If you take out the 6M Okposo makes hes fine as a 3rd/4th line winger. He doesnt hurt you defensively but doesnt really do much at ES.
The bottom 6 as of right now I have Okposo Rodrigues Sheary and 1 of Larsson/Girgs as the close to roster locks. Sheary could be on the 2nd line if they arent able to sign or trade for someone.

The defense is the problem as we have 3 NHL caliber defenseman that arent hurt right now. McCabe could be the 4th but what the hell happened to him?
Scandella? Bye
Hunwick? Kill me
McCabe? try to trade him to someone who thinks he has value

Dahlin needs a partner that isnt Montour. Cant play Risto with him because he gets crushed. Without significant moves we are going to have to roll out Dahlin-Montour as our top pair which limits the other 2 pairs severely.

It should be Dahlin - XXX we acquire who is similar to a Vlasic type. D first, allows Burns/EK to do their thing.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
seems like a perfect buy low opportunity on subban after a down year, but why try to improve a bad team when you can just trade away core pieces for dogshit

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Risto is like dodge charger. Doesn't run well, but is flashy enough that someone's always interested and willing to pay too much.

Reactions: sabresEH

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Oh boy you left this open for "characteristically awful season" :laugh:

I knew if I just said Subban was coming off an awful season, the usual cast of Risto detractors would argue with me on that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :laugh:

Point is that Subban was a cap-clearing trade with a significant risk for the acquiring team (you're looking at a guy who's old enough to be on the downside of his career who coming off a very bad season). Risto's situation is substantially different.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
seems like a perfect buy low opportunity on subban after a down year, but why try to improve a bad team when you can just trade away core pieces for dog****
NJ will make the playoffs next year. They lost the MVP 30 games into the season.

I think Ristolainen is better then people give him credit for.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Bad if Miller in go Vancouver. Jason must intercept him or he is still working on a Jimmy Vesey deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad