Speculation: 2019-20 Roster, Cap, Trade Discussion (MOD WARNING POST #542)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Anybody have any background on him? I see he was 7th overall in 17 and is playing in the A. Bad attitude? Family reasons? Something better I can't think of?

I remember him for the WJC "scandal". He was the captain and top scorer for the silver-medaling team Sweden in 2018, took the finals loss hard, ended up tossing his medal into the stands post-game.

Most NYR fans seem to agree that their organization botched his development. Apparently coach Quinn had the bright idea of playing a 7th overall pick on the 4th line with grinders for an extended period.

One other thing to keep in mind is apparently Vitaly Kravtsov, also a high first rounder for NYR, recently quit on the organization -- instead of playing in their AHL affiliate, he bolted to the KHL. Could be that there's something foul in their developmental organization.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Anybody have any background on him? I see he was 7th overall in 17 and is playing in the A. Bad attitude? Family reasons? Something better I can't think of?

Supposedly isnt getting along with the coach who refuses to play him in any meaningful minutes. Only 4th line with no special teams time.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Bob offer Sprong for him.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I remember him for the WJC "scandal". He was the captain and top scorer for the silver-medaling team Sweden in 2018, took the finals loss hard, ended up tossing his medal into the stands post-game.

Most NYR fans seem to agree that their organization botched his development. Apparently coach Quinn had the bright idea of playing a 7th overall pick on the 4th line with grinders for an extended period.

One other thing to keep in mind is apparently Vitaly Kravtsov, also a high first rounder for NYR, recently quit on the organization -- instead of playing in their AHL affiliate, he bolted to the KHL. Could be that there's something foul in their developmental organization.

Supposedly isnt getting along with the coach who refuses to play him in any meaningful minutes. Only 4th line with no special teams time.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Bob offer Sprong for him.

Almost sounds a little like Sprong's development.

If he lived up to his draft pedigree, what kind of player is he?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The most likely outcome is that Terry will not become a high scoring top sixer. But we can hope. That's what fans do.

His skillset still screams to me that he will be. But he needs to get a lot stronger and start to make quicker decisions. His vision, puck handling and passing are not quite elite but almost there if he can develop the rest of his game I see a 60 point guy in his prime.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Can give you some info. Came into camp in excellent shape, also had a very strong pre-season. I do put some of the blame on Rangers management in how they handled him. Andersson had gotten some opportunity but not much was mostly thrown on a 4th line by Quinn. Rangers basically have no real 4th line, its that’s bad. There is Smith who is a converted failed D, 4RW, Haley and McKegg who are barely NHL’ers and right now Howden is centering that line because he has not played well at all this season. It’s almost become the Quinn dog house line, or as we refer to as the Quinn Bin.

I think a new scenery could do Andersson well. He plays with a lot of pride, and the Rangers organization really hurt that pride. I feel he has not played to his potential, far from it, and has not really gotten the best opportunities in NY. Anyway hope that helps.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
His skillset still screams to me that he will be. But he needs to get a lot stronger and start to make quicker decisions. His vision, puck handling and passing are not quite elite but almost there if he can develop the rest of his game I see a 60 point guy in his prime.
I hope you're right, but I don't see it. Decent sized sample of low volume goal scoring despite substantial PP time. Drives play some but not good at finishing. Have heard more about how good the toolkit is than I've seen on the ice.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Kravtsov left his KHL team last week and is coming back to NA.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Soooo who gets traded before the trade deadline, February 24th? Of the remaining 22 games, 10 are home and 12 are away; 10 are against teams currently in playoff position.

Can't help but think..
1) Murray wants a second, first round draft pick
2) a RW is most likely to get traded

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
Soooo who gets traded before the trade deadline, February 24th? Of the remaining 22 games, 10 are home and 12 are away; 10 are against teams currently in playoff position.

Can't help but think..
1) Murray wants a second, first round draft pick
2) a RW is most likely to get traded

I'd guess Kase. He's been very disappointing this year and I hope we move him while he still has value.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
kase has no value.

rakell or silf are my guess.

I don't think any of those 3 get traded. Kase is cost controlled and like you stated has little value, and the Swedes are both on sweetheart deals. I don't see a team offering a package worth any of those guys, but I could be wrong. I just don't see a big shakeup coming and think it's likely guys like Guds, Holzer, MDZ, Shore, Rowney, etc. who would be moved for minimal returns.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Call me crazy but I personally feel there's a greater chance of Manson being traded than Gudbranson, which is not to say I expect either to be moved. Considering his decent play relative to what it cost to acquire him (and what we'd potentially get in return for trading him), Gudbranson is found money.

I think Murray explores the market for Rakell, Henrique, and Shore (the latter will return next to nothing).

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Call me crazy but I personally feel there's a greater chance of Manson being traded than Gudbranson, which is not to say I expect either to be moved. Considering his decent play relative to what it cost to acquire him (and what we'd potentially get in return for trading him), Gudbranson is found money.

I think Murray explores the market for Rakell, Henrique, and Shore (the latter will return next to nothing).

I think there's no doubt that Manson would garner a better return than Guds and that Guds has been much better than at least I expected. I totally forgot about Rico and I think he's a real possibility to be traded. I agree with him exploring for Rakell, but I can't see him trading him unless the return is fantastic, Rakell makes $3.8M for the next two seasons and for a budget team that's very important.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

We need good Manson more than Gudbranson, but good Manson hasn't been seen in awhile.

Reactions: Paul4587

d0rkwing

Jan 2, 2020
Are the Ducks a “budget team” though? They’ve spent close to the cap for the past several seasons. They’re not exactly the Leafs who hand out high multi-million dollar contracts like candy but they’re not the Senators, either. Value contracts like Rakell’s are appealing to any GM; cap space is an asset & a commodity across the league.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Are the Ducks a “budget team” though? They’ve spent close to the cap for the past several seasons. They’re not exactly the Leafs who hand out high multi-million dollar contracts like candy but they’re not the Senators, either. Value contracts like Rakell’s are appealing to any GM; cap space is an asset & a commodity across the league.

Welcome to the boards! :handclap:

Reactions: d0rkwing

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
cup contenders are usually tight on cap space so a cost controlled asset makes a deal much more likely and adds a lot of value to the player. I'm hoping we move Rico and Silf but I could see us moving Kase or Silf. I have it on good authority we were shopping Kase around so he is probably the safest bet.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
cup contenders are usually tight on cap space so a cost controlled asset makes a deal much more likely and adds a lot of value to the player. I'm hoping we move Rico and Silf but I could see us moving Kase or Silf. I have it on good authority we were shopping Kase around so he is probably the safest bet.
who wants kase?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What is the allure of trading Silfverberg? Best case scenario is getting a mystery box who in 4-5 years is as good as Silfverberg, with a toss-in of either a current/mystery box 3rd liner like Shore. That’s what a late 1st and late 2nd gets you.

Reactions: KyleJRM and Deuce22

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
What is the allure of trading Silfverberg? Best case scenario is getting a mystery box who in 4-5 years is as good as Silfverberg, with a toss-in of either a current/mystery box 3rd liner like Shore. That’s what a late 1st and late 2nd gets you.
Trading Silfverberg for a draft pick that has a 30% chance of becoming as good as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad