Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Was Tuomisto ranked 2nd rd at the time I can’t remember? Still wishing Lavoie was the pick.

He was ranked on 3rd round mostly.

Picking him pissed of many people in here, because it did felt like a stupid reach.

Afterwards, he seemed to have more talent that all stat-watchers ever saw on him. I think our scouting did pretty good in this case.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Seems to be the way every year. People pretend they are in the know by stat watching and looking at other peoples draft lists pretending they know who won or lost the draft versus an NHL scouting department team of 15+

Reactions: wingerdinger

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Seems to be the way every year. People pretend they are in the know by stat watching and looking at other peoples draft lists pretending they know who won or lost the draft versus an NHL scouting department team of 15+

and then you also have the people so desperate to call every pick the team makes a good one that they grasp at any straw they can find like a 6'4" post draft guy doing decent in a Finnish Junior league just so they can berate others for not liking the pick before they ever even really do anything of note

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
He was ranked on 3rd round mostly.

Picking him pissed of many people in here, because it did felt like a stupid reach.

Afterwards, he seemed to have more talent that all stat-watchers ever saw on him. I think our scouting did pretty good in this case.

I really wanted both Seider and Tuomisto and they weren't reaches for me. I'm so so glad we got both. I also wanted Fairbrother in the 3rd, too bad MTL got him :(

Reactions: Lil Bert

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
You build/draft the defence core first, because they take a bit longer to develop. Forwards afterwards, so the core would peak at same time.

Just a simple plan.

By that logic he may lean towards askarov at 4th. Considering goalies tend to take the longest of any position to develop. Just a thought.

Reactions: lilidk

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
You take goalies from the UFA market or trade somebody who is behind a legit starter and gonna lost in expansion draft etc.

sure, that’s one way. Yzerman also drafted a goalie in the first round in Tampa. There is precedent.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Another really good game by Carter Gylander tonight... 28 Saves in a 6-1 Win

I know he is on basically on a super team in the AJHL but his numbers are phenomenal:

20-1... 1.99 GAA... .927 SV... 1 SO

Seems we might have a sleeper in the 7th Round

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Another really good game by Carter Gylander tonight... 28 Saves in a 6-1 Win

I know he is on basically on a super team in the AJHL but his numbers are phenomenal:

20-1... 1.99 GAA... .927 SV... 1 SO

Seems we might have a sleeper in the 7th Round
He was very good at prospect tournament

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Kivenmäki has put up a point in 4 of 5 games since being dropped from the WJC team on Dec 18th.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
2 Goals for Tuomisto this morning was remarkably a +1 in a 7-2 Loss lol

Seems like Finnish Juniors for Tuomisto is a lot like this WJC for Seider. Just noticeably overdeveloped for the league. Getting him over stateside for some NCAA hockey is going to be a big deal.

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seems like Finnish Juniors for Tuomisto is a lot like this WJC for Seider. Just noticeably overdeveloped for the league. Getting him over stateside for some NCAA hockey is going to be a big deal.

Yeah, stupid NCAA rules that he has to stay at junior hockey or lose the eligibility for college.

He could easily play for Ässät in Liiga. They even lack a good PP quarterback.

But everything are his own decisions about a career path.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah, stupid NCAA rules that he has to stay at junior hockey or lose the eligibility for college.

He could easily plays for Ässät in Liiga. They even lack a good PP quarterback.

But everything are his own decisions about a career path.

To be fair, I think his decision is absolutely fine. NCAA will be a fantastic place for him to develop. There aren’t any preconceived notions of being a kid in a men’s league, and managing minutes, or anything of the sort.

I just hope that he’s getting extensive power skating coaching for his year. If he can improve his skating, and with all the minutes it seems he is playing, he could really take a big step forward athletically. Would bode well for him.

Reactions: hkydave04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad