GDT: 2019-20 Other Games Around the League

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Cardiac incident. Resting comfortably

I had a cardiac arrest in high school. Bouwmeester was probably in the best possible situation for it to happen. Having doctors and EMT on location, with AEDs at the ready is probably the best case scenario for survival from what I remember them telling me. It was something like minimizing the time between the moment the heart stops and the moment chest compressions starts will maximize the odds of survival. I have to imagine they'll implant an ICD and it takes like 4-6 weeks for the leads in the heart to really heal up. Granted, I got this info a decade ago so I might not be remembering everything correctly.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Thought you guys should know that Kopitar will adopt Hertl at some point. The amount of times he said "atta boy kiddo " to Hertl lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I had a cardiac arrest in high school. Bouwmeester was probably in the best possible situation for it to happen. Having doctors and EMT on location, with AEDs at the ready is probably the best case scenario for survival from what I remember them telling me. It was something like minimizing the time between the moment the heart stops and the moment chest compressions starts will maximize the odds of survival. I have to imagine they'll implant an ICD and it takes like 4-6 weeks for the leads in the heart to really heal up. Granted, I got this info a decade ago so I might not be remembering everything correctly.
If you don't mind me asking, what happened to cause yours?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
If you don't mind me asking, what happened to cause yours?
Happened during afterschool dodgeball lol. The doctors never found an official cause so I got the ICD as a precaution. There were some thoughts that it may have been part off a genetic condition called Brugada syndrome but only for demographic reasons. Otherwise, I didn't show the typical symptoms for that. It's kinda funny now that it's all behind me but pretty scary for the first year or two. They tell you not to do a lot of things like drinking or contact sports or arc welding. I've definitely done some of those things since then.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Thought you guys should know that Kopitar will adopt Hertl at some point. The amount of times he said "atta boy kiddo " to Hertl lol

Heck we should adopt Kopitar's kids to tape Hertl up each game. They had Kopitar's leg wrapped in a suit of armor, which we need to keep Hertl healthy.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Happened during afterschool dodgeball lol. The doctors never found an official cause so I got the ICD as a precaution. There were some thoughts that it may have been part off a genetic condition called Brugada syndrome but only for demographic reasons. Otherwise, I didn't show the typical symptoms for that. It's kinda funny now that it's all behind me but pretty scary for the first year or two. They tell you not to do a lot of things like drinking or contact sports or arc welding. I've definitely done some of those things since then.

Arc welding is so cool!!

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Anyone been watching Vegas games? Is Deboer using the same system as in SJ? He must be thrilled to have Fleury and Lehner as his goalies instead of the ECHL goalies in SJ. They're 7-0 on their home stand so far. PDB is gonna pull a Sutter and win a cup with a bitter rival. A Blues/Knights WCF would be the worst. Just hope they head shot each other to death and get swept in the finals.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Anyone been watching Vegas games? Is Deboer using the same system as in SJ? He must be thrilled to have Fleury and Lehner as his goalies instead of the ECHL goalies in SJ. They're 7-0 on their home stand so far. PDB is gonna pull a Sutter and win a cup with a bitter rival. A Blues/Knights WCF would be the worst. Just hope they head shot each other to death and get swept in the finals.
I don't see them beating the blues nor the oil but everyone else in the west I think they beat

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
His teams win in spite of him, not because of him. He's an awful coach.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Alex Stalock now has 4 SO's this season...wtf?

And yet he's still been one of the worst goaltenders in the league this season. Replace him with a league average goalie and Minnesota is comfortably in a playoff spot. Replace he and Dubnyk with two league average goalies and they're fighting for the top seed in the conference.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
And yet he's still been one of the worst goaltenders in the league this season. Replace him with a league average goalie and Minnesota is comfortably in a playoff spot. Replace he and Dubnyk with two league average goalies and they're fighting for the top seed in the conference.
I don't watch him but his sv% puts him at 14th in the league of goalies who have played >= 30 gp. Isn't that the definition of league average?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't watch him but his sv% puts him at 14th in the league of goalies who have played >= 30 gp. Isn't that the definition of league average?
According to the GSAA+other deeper metrics, Minnesota allows some of the least dangerous shots against in the league and yet the way Stalock and Dubnyk play, they allow for more goals than would be expected for the workload they're getting.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

98-DCE0-DA-B347-4828-9-E50-B94-AD8-EDC9-F4.jpg

League average save percentage in front of this defense is actually terrible, which is why he ranks 4th from last with -14.85 GSAx despite playing only 34 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad