Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 Opening Night Roster

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Crow/Lehner debate is silly. If Crow had a better camp/preseason, he starts. If Lehner had a better camp/preseason, he starts. Crow should not be the defacto #1 under any circumstances. He's been unreliable for two seasons now. He's not the future.

This.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The Crow/Lehner debate is silly. If Crow had a better camp/preseason, he starts. If Lehner had a better camp/preseason, he starts. Crow should not be the defacto #1 under any circumstances. He's been unreliable for two seasons now. He's not the future.
It's tough to guage who was better in pre-season because they faced different levels of competition.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
In the soccer movie A Shot at Glory, Robert Duvall plays the coach and the goalie lets a goal in through his legs.
Goalie: “Sorry coach, I should have closed my legs.”
Coach: “Your mother should have closed hers.”

Dint see the flick but any Robert Duvall mention auto Like for me.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Glass was good last night. Golden knights got a good one in him. I feel like I say that all the time about the knights though...

What, their 3rd season? ... already one of my, "I hate those guys" clubs. ;-)

Full disclose: Don't hate anybuddy but gotta use the term - for theatrical purposes. ;-)

Rags just went up 1 on the Pegs. Gotta watch Bread in his NYR debut, Kakko too.

Last edited:

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
"... I want to see Dach show flashes of dominance in this trial if he’s going to stay.

I'll settle for a smooth "ease-in" - "rookie mistakes" expected & factored in. Hawks need a 3C pretty bad and if the guy can hold his own he'll be more than what's available w/o him (imho of course.)
GoHawks

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
You mean: He looked good with them... at times.

I don't wish to be cynical before the first game but let's face it, it's difficult for a skilled player not to look good (at times) playing with K/T. What Nylander needs to be is consistent, with and without possession, and no matter who his linemates are.

agreed and what Nylander needs to be doing if he is playing on Toews line is doing what Kane would do....as such Kane should be on a separate line and another player should be with Toews and Nylander that is more of a mucker, winning board battles, getting into the dirty areas and in front of the net.

so I would be going with the following pairs.

Nylander-Toews-______
Kubalik-______-Kane
Cat-Strome-________
______-Kampf-Smith/Carpenter

if it was me and Dach was good to go I would this

Nylander-Toews-Saad/Shaw
Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Cat-Strome-Saad/Shaw
Cagguila-Kampf-Smith/Carpenter/Perlini

if Dach is not good to go or gets sent back to Sask I would do this

Nylander-Toews-Saad
Kubalik-Shaw-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Cagguila-Kampf-Smith/Carpenter

Reactions: jls24

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
For the season as a whole, I agree. Disagree about the 1st game.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Despite what JC said Crawford was always going to start game 1.
JC knows that the best thing is for Crow to have to look over his shoulder knowing what is behind him..that sometimes can be a problem for a player, but for goalies and especially Crow knowing his job is in question should motivate the shit out of him..he is a competitor no doubt and Lehner here should bring the best out of both goalies..

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

HjamSandwich

Oct 16, 2010
Disappointed it's not Lehner. Guy was elite last year.

We should be concerned with what's best for the Blackhawks. I don't really care what's best for Crow.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

I hope they do this, trade a dman or two once they figure out which ones they want to keep and then bring up Boqvist and have Mitchell brought in when Denver U is eliminated.

there is a big movement to having those type of D in the lineup to contribute to the offense.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Do what needs to be done and sit Seabrook. Give his minutes to Boqvist and hope that his offense balances out his lack of defense.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Should we have an on going thread about the goalies? Think there will be enough discussions during the season.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Gilbert assigned to Rockford, likely means de Haan or Murphy is ready for next game.

Add insult to injury. left him in Prague tole him. "Catch a greyhound back to the Rock."
Man, Hawk brass is COLD.

PS - Snark based on a true rock&roll legend. Bassist for a favorite band on mine, left behind at a bus stop. Mid tour in not just a foreign country, but on a separate continent. R-i-p Lemmy Kilmister.

Got his revenge tho - formed another band made more money than his old one. (Not as good a band tho imho.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad