Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 NHL Season officially suspended due to COVID-19

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I'm in Arkansas (20 minutes outside Little Rock) and yesterday all the school districts in the area closed until at least March 30th. They've confirmed the first case of someone being infected while not having contact with another known infected person. So it's out there (obviously) and starting to spread already. Everything is starting to get shut down bit by bit

It’s been everywhere for quite some time. Vast majority won’t have any symptoms or cold like symptoms, so it’s no big deal for most.

The part I refer to getting much worse was directed at stuff being shut down and nearly all businesses are going to take a beating as people will be less inclined to go out. As you’ve stated, schools are shutting down as well as concerts/entertainment (Disney, concerts etc).

We just have to weather the storm and remain calm and we’ll be fine.

Edit: I’d wager things won’t start to get back normal til June at the earliest (hopefully I’m wrong and it’s way earlier).

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm going to assume that the actual infection rate is 2-3x what they're claiming - these f***ing clowns in the white house don't know how to jerk off correctly let alone handle this mess.

I want to be optimistic and say that we'll be back in a month but there are just too many people that actually believe this is some kind of hoax.

People are gonna die.
You might want to check out what Ohio projected for itself yesterday.

Last edited:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
I'm going to assume that the actual infection rate is 2-3x what they're claiming - these f***ing clowns in the white house don't know how to jerk off correctly let alone handle this mess.

I want to be optimistic and say that we'll be back in a month but there are just too many people that actually believe this is some kind of hoax.

People are gonna die.
I’m never sure how to handle this situation. I like part of what you said but I am ignoring (because I don’t necessarily agree with or disagree with) the rest. I normally just give a like without further clarification.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You might want to check out what Ohio projected for itself yesterday.
Calculating the stats based on the confirmed cases is next to useless at this point as there's no way that number is even close to the amount of actual cases. While the lack of room in hospitals will bring the fatality rate up in Italy for example, the unknown cases bring it down as well.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
players being told to isolate or quarantine at home keep them healthy so no one gets infected so can start maybe as soon as april???

nhl players rules corona-19.jpg

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I’m never sure how to handle this situation. I like part of what you said but I am ignoring (because I don’t necessarily agree with or disagree with) the rest. I normally just give a like without further clarification.
what do you mean since your in spain right??/ would love your insight of what your seeing dealing with and STAY SAFE....and yes have plenty of friends still thinking is a hoax or political or whatever.... is sad ive spoken to those i care about friend wise on my situation the people i worked with etc... none believed id survive in 2012 when dealt with an illness and no one i knew believed i could survive 2015..... im here im a fighter i need to not get this cause im the 1% that this dont work out too good.... but got control of my own situation florida canceled schools feel safe for first time in days since started getting active on this.... everyone be safe isolate if can do your part... we should be playing in april and taking the cup in july !!!!

Reactions: Still All In

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
what do you mean since your in spain right??/ would love your insight of what your seeing dealing with and STAY SAFE....and yes have plenty of friends still thinking is a hoax or political or whatever.... is sad ive spoken to those i care about friend wise on my situation the people i worked with etc... none believed id survive in 2012 when dealt with an illness and no one i knew believed i could survive 2015..... im here im a fighter i need to not get this cause im the 1% that this dont work out too good.... but got control of my own situation florida canceled schools feel safe for first time in days since started getting active on this.... everyone be safe isolate if can do your part... we should be playing in april and taking the cup in july !!!!
Did you mean to reply to me? I live in Tampa. I take a biologic medication that can weaken my immune system. I also have a lot of belly fat (even though I am technically a “healthy” weight for my height (lost a lot of weight). I have been hospitalized in the past for pneumonia. I don’t smoke anymore so I have that going for me. Unfortunately I was raised by people who go to work even when they are sick and avoid the doctor. I have almost died (according to the doctor if I had waited 12 more hours to be seen, I would be dead) from an infection so I am kind of a germaphobe and I wash my hands and/ or use hand sanitizer pretty regularly. But I also notice that I tend to touch my face often in public (it’s like the germs/ virus wants to spread, as if it is sentient).

I have mentioned that many people do not wash their hands after using public restrooms. Surely other people notice this. If someone takes a shit and doesn’t wash their hands, they have no concern for other people in their vicinity. Those are the types of people, along with the naysayers, who contribute to these diseases spreading out of control. I’m not a doctor though so what do I know?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Did you mean to reply to me? I live in Tampa. I take a biologic medication that can weaken my immune system. I also have a lot of belly fat (even though I am technically a “healthy” weight for my height (lost a lot of weight). I have been hospitalized in the past for pneumonia. I don’t smoke anymore so I have that going for me. Unfortunately I was raised by people who go to work even when they are sick and avoid the doctor. I have almost died (according to the doctor if I had waited 12 more hours to be seen, I would be dead) from an infection so I am kind of a germaphobe and I wash my hands and/ or use hand sanitizer pretty regularly. But I also notice that I tend to touch my face often in public (it’s like the germs/ virus wants to spread, as if it is sentient).

I have mentioned that many people do not wash their hands after using public restrooms. Surely other people notice this. If someone takes a shit and doesn’t wash their hands, they have no concern for other people in their vicinity. Those are the types of people, along with the naysayers, who contribute to these diseases spreading out of control. I’m not a doctor though so what do I know?

absolutely but thought you were in spain..... ya stay quarantined for now if can prayer for you.....my eyes water nightly as i get to point of epic exhaustion cause have sleeping issues so i rub them but been thinking about it going to get hand lotion wash do eyes etc.... im usually good about hand washing not MONK but ya i think on stuff steel knobs I try not to touch hang a towel on bathroom door so can use that lmfao but ya im aware :)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

People are gonna die.

The age of misinformation.

I think the season will eventually have a conclusion although it's looking more and more like the regular season will be cut short.

But yeah, the more seriously we take this, without panicking (and that's a big thing), the sooner we get through it, I think.

Reactions: Hoek

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
check out the post above on this my newest one in other covid-19 forum post......is numbers from wuhan to what will happen here if usa doesnt stay home right now and they are NOT they out partying in bars here in florida hundreds of people on my friends list :( is grim reality ...we gonna stop this but might take martial law at this time....

when DOD stops all movement of all of its people DONT WANT traveling even home stay where you are right now and isolate yourself is what was dictated today TO protect their own then you see person after person dancing hugging sloppy drunks in bars all your bartending friends say their packed people have no clue.... ive figured out the problem is everyone thinks they are immune

real numbers usa 70 % get this there will be by wuhan numbers 450,000 deaths of 10-39 year olds...... not the sick not the old not the high risk people but americans walking around thinking they are superman....we about to get a rude awakening till govt steps in and wakes these jackoffs up.....

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
What’s coming will be worse than the actual virus, which is what people should be concerned about.

The worlds economy is coming to a grinding halt and countries are isolating themselves from the rest. History has shown us what these sort of events lead to, let’s just hope it doesn’t get that far and it’s merely a global recession.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
What’s coming will be worse than the actual virus, which is what people should be concerned about.

The worlds economy is coming to a grinding halt and countries are isolating themselves from the rest. History has show us what these sort of events lead to, let’s just hope it doesn’t get that far and it’s merely a global recession.
People also already don't have money in the bank.

Reactions: J T Money

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

The worlds economy is coming to a grinding halt and countries are isolating themselves from the rest. History has shown us what these sort of events lead to, let’s just hope it doesn’t get that far and it’s merely a global recession.
When the original SARS panic hit, the market crashed, it took a year for it to come back setting new records in prices that were never seen before. The same will happen this time around. Economy will be shit for a bit, but it will come back and set new highs, and some how Trump in his second term will take credit for doing absolutely nothing and being inept at doing that.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
When the original SARS panic hit, the market crashed, it took a year for it to come back setting new records in prices that were never seen before. The same will happen this time around. Economy will be shit for a bit, but it will come back and set new highs, and some how Trump in his second term will take credit for doing absolutely nothing and being inept at doing that.
That depends on the actual effect. If we're seeing a serious death rate, that would re-shape the economy, although there could be some silver linings. Life insurance policies would kick in, assets get transferred and sold, people pay off debt, etc.

The stock market isn't the economy though. A stock price isn't indicative of a company's actual worth. You can have an executive say something that a segment of people find offensive and it temporarily tanks the stock price. The company doesn't suddenly have a worse product because the guy had a bad take.

Market manipulation of penny stocks is literally the plot of The Wolf of Wall Street.

Long term though, the market overall has always recovered.

Last edited:

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
real numbers usa 70 % get this there will be by wuhan numbers 450,000 deaths of 10-39 year olds...... not the sick not the old not the high risk people but americans walking around thinking they are superman....we about to get a rude awakening till govt steps in and wakes these jackoffs up.....

Stop this stuff. Not even remotely accurate. Greater than 80% of cases worldwide are mild to asymptomatic. There hasn't even been a recorded case worldwide of a positive case in anyone younger than 15. Yes, there are high risk groups for this virus, which encompass the deaths seen, but that is not healthy individuals. As the number of positive cases increase, which of course will happen, the mortality rate decreases. In 2009, over 12,000 people died in the US from H1N1 with over 61 million infected. The country survived then and it will in this instance as well. It's awful, people need to be vigilant, particularly if in high risk category, but stop the unnecessary fear mongering.

Reactions: HoseEmDown

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Stop this stuff. Not even remotely accurate. Greater than 80% of cases worldwide are mild to asymptomatic. There hasn't even been a recorded case worldwide of a positive case in anyone younger than 15. Yes, there are high risk groups for this virus, which encompass the deaths seen, but that is not healthy individuals. As the number of positive cases increase, which of course will happen, the mortality rate decreases. In 2009, over 12,000 people died in the US from H1N1 with over 61 million infected. The country survived then and it will in this instance as well. It's awful, people need to be vigilant, particularly if in high risk category, but stop the unnecessary fear mongering.
my numbers and information is coming directly from cdc.... this is not h1n1 once overwhelmed its over and age of victims drop also those people need to be in icu for up to 40 days doesnt care of age .....18 year old died today by 8am in italy.... i could care less about fear..... this spreads easier and kills indiscrimitely when you hit the threshold of being overwhlemed .... dont matter within two weeks everyone gonna finally understand ......your numbers 80% is good;) and the 10 is what the leading expert on this type of disease says has happened and is going to continue to happen....italy 8pm 18 40 43:( 100% false on not healthy individuals.... reports true stats out there but go watch joe rogan show with leading expert in field.... this is the cool hard facts and truth.... p.s. healthy normal americans the expert numbers say 480,000 die cause we were not prepared for this and will be overwhelmed.. question is how many days im betting 2 weeks we all know the grim reality here in usa and pretty much worldwide...p.s. we aint been testing so far so that is why we already at these numbers..... the no positive case worldwide is again false... wuhan had 10 kids all had mild symptoms etc... but they are super conductors of spread for some reason that no one knows why they seem immune and why they infect so easily but is basically the strep throat thing how they ping pong it back and forth but aint like the parents strep that they pass it to.... this is why the school closings by the way....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad