2019-20 New Goalie Equipment/Mask Sightings

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Merzlikins
pittsburgh-penguins-right-wing-kasper-bjorkqvist-tries-a-wraparound-picture-id1169635622

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Just do an Optimus Prime-esque helmet every time. The helmet he wears, not just a full body tribute.

That should be your thing

I must admit it does seem pretty weird that he keeps getting masks with the design he wants painted on it rather than just finding out what you think he should do and doing that.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I must admit it does seem pretty weird that he keeps getting masks with the design he wants painted on it rather than just finding out what you think he should do and doing that.

Sorry, I made a mistake and thought this thread was giving opinions on goalie gear.

My bad

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Been so long since a Wings goalie had a truly nice mask! Guess that wait continues..... This one is fine, but nothing special, and I hate Berniers's with so much Red, it looks quite bad.

Vernon had a sweet mask.

I'm sure there have been others since then (Cujo's is always good at least).

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Vernon had a sweet mask.

I'm sure there have been others since then (Cujo's is always good at least).

Cheveldae and Vernon were the last ones I liked a lot. Some of Howard's have been decent, but nothing amazing!

Reactions: The Stig

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So Craig Anderson appears to be wearing Bauer for the preseason at least.

He's been a Brian's guy for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: Emerica

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I’m digging this one.

And this one too.

These aight. Wish they'd reversed one of the Detroit winged wheels and done a bittt more with the white space on that one, though. I know, weird complaint, not enough on a Daveart mask.

Ullmark's setup is siiick, how'd I not notice that? The pads are A+, couple minor quibbles about the rest but overall just a great concept.

Smith's helmet is sick. Tbh I rarely notice helmets and whatnot in-game, but I'm already looking forward to seeing that one in use.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wow good job Smith. That is probably the best Oilers set by a goalie since Jussi Markanen, or maybe even Cujo! Those pads and mask are going to actually be hawt as hell with the third jerseys!
Don't be shocked if he has a 3rd set of gear for the 3rds. In Calgary he always had a dark, white and retro setup.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So Craig Anderson appears to be wearing Bauer for the preseason at least.

He's been a Brian's guy for as long as I can remember.

He wore TPS/Sherwood during his younger years. Not really sure if TPS and Sherwood became the same brand and got with Brian’s but yeah, strange seeing a goalie change at his age.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Don't be shocked if he has a 3rd set of gear for the 3rds. In Calgary he always had a dark, white and retro setup.

The thing about Calgary is that the retro thirds don't have black while the home set heavily features black, so he had to make that change. The Oilers' new third fits in our colour scheme so a third set of gear likely won't be necessary, unless we're still planning to wear the retro royal blues this year as well (I'm not sure but I hope so).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad