Patriots/NFL 2018 Season VII - Next Up 1/20 6:40 PM - AFC CHAMPIONSHIP @ Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Couldn't see most of Martin's run from where we sat. Just heard everyone who did see it going beserk. '78 all I remember was it was over at halftime, what appeared to be two entire sections in an all-out brawl because it was over by halftime, and the "goodbye Chuckie" chant at the end. It's gotten a bit better since those days.

Reactions: smithformeragent

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Weather doesn't seem like it will be much of a factor anymore, but after their game against the Chargers they can definitely do this. This is going to be a great game.
Honestly felt the Chargers were the best team in the AFC going into the playoffs.

Patriots absolutely destroyed them. Granted it was at home, but still impressive.

If the Pats can take one of Hill or Kelce out of the game, Chiefs will struggle. They can't rely on their running game anymore as Williams or Ware, if he plays, are nowhere near the dual threat Hunt was.

I'd honestly put JC Jackson with safety help on Hill, JMac on Watkins, and Gilmore on Kelce with help over the top. Make teriary threats like Conley and Williams beat you.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Few days back was watching NFL Network and they were discussing which team had the upper hand at with positions. NE only won Running Backs.

The idiot on the show also took Reid over BB...........

Like........are people dumb?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
A win would mean no ”what-ifs” in regards to the Miami shit show, which in turn would mean a semblance of retained sanity during the offseason. I can deal with a Super Bowl loss, especially to Brees (though I do think we beat the Saints if we both get there).

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

Would you have ever believed 17 years ago we'd still be here, talking about Brady's 13th AFC Championship?

Sidenote: Brown's lateral on the blocked field goal is one of my favorite plays in history.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Would you have ever believed 17 years ago we'd still be here, talking about Brady's 13th AFC Championship?

Sidenote: Brown's lateral on the blocked field goal is one of my favorite plays in history.

Man, some great memories watching that.

Troy Brown that year was an absolute force in all aspects of the offensive and special teams game. Forgot how good of a punt returner he was.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It isn't going to be super cold after all

upload_2019-1-19_2-37-8.png

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Man, some great memories watching that.

Troy Brown that year was an absolute force in all aspects of the offensive and special teams game. Forgot how good of a punt returner he was.
I cried when Bledsoe came off the bench and threw the touch down pass.

Started watching in 93.

Felt like things coming full circle.

Reactions: GabeTravels

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wasn’t quite sure where this would go but Greg Hardy made his UFC debut tonight

He was DQ’d via illegal knee and booed out of the arena.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Wasn’t quite sure where this would go but Greg Hardy made his UFC debut tonight

He was DQ’d via illegal knee and booed out of the arena.
He had no business even being on that card.

Glad he was DQ'd. Doubt Dana White will give him another fight.

Reactions: CDJ

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I think it'll be a 23-20 game. My gut tells me the Pats are on the wrong side of it... But it's close. The only result that would surprise me would be a Pats blowout.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I think it'll be a 23-20 game. My gut tells me the Pats are on the wrong side of it... But it's close. The only result that would surprise me would be a Pats blowout.
You wouldn't be surprised with KC blowing NE out? I would.

KC's two blowout wins against NE in the regular season mean nothing.

Pats don't get blown out in the playoffs. Only one I can remember in this entire run is that 2009 Ravens divisional round game.

They might lose, they might win, but they sure as hell won't get blown out.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Really curious how the Pats plan on attacking the Chiefs defense. They give up a ton of yards, both passing and on the ground. But they also have a ton of sacks, pressures, and are a top 10 team in takeaways.

Pats have run a ton of "21" personell groups (2 WR 2 RB 1 TE) since the Gordon suspension, and it's really helped them. KC cannot cover that grouping in their base defense. KC's front 7 is one of, if not the worst, in the league at stopping the run.

The way I look at this game, is how does KC plan to cover Edelman? Will they play zone and let him them up for 10/100, or will they actually hit him at the line and double him all game? They cannot let Edelman and White have 20-25 catches between them this week. If that happens, KC will lose.

27-20 Pats.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He probably got a little out of control because his opponent reminded him of his ex-GF...

I do not think it was a coincidence that he resorted to such an illegal move immediately after the other guy was talking shit while piecing him up

Hardy was gonna lose that regardless and he entered as a -500 favorite. They gave him as easy of a challenge as they possibly could have and no dice. He’ll get another shot but I don’t think he should. He needs to toil in some lesser promotions first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad