2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING | Feb 10th - 25th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. I don´t think Weng´s attitude had anything to do with it. Jacobsen usually does better than expected in the big races. I can fully understand why they went with her.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
National television dropping the broadcasting rights. No wins and barely a podium finish since 2013(after the Ferry, Bergman, Ekholm and Zidek era). Things go south fast if you don't do well.

Now with the Olympic medals and National TV(I'm talking the non-commercial stuff here) broadcasting again starting next season, it will be super popular again. Maybe even more popular than the cross country broadcasts.
Nice. I like what the Swedish biathlon team is doing in the Olympics. Despite not having a TV deal, they did things right.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Weng praise her teammates a lot in Norwegian media, and even at Tour De Ski she finished and stood there yelling support to the others.

Which in my eyes was disgusting. Found it super disrespectful towards Pärmäkoski and Nilsson. Pärmäkoski even had to turn her head to see if she was getting caught and got stressed, the last thing you want after that nasty climb. That's when I really started to dislike Weng. If it was a team sprint/race I could see it, but not when it's individual. Weng and Johaug ain't to popular in Sweden

Last edited:

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Which in my eyes was disgusting. Found it super disrespectful towards Pärmäkoski and Nilsson. Pärmäkoski even had to turn her head to see if she was getting caught and got stressed, the last thing you want after that nasty climb. That's when I really started to dislike Weng.

First its said that Weng isn't friendly with teammates and that's bad...then when it's explained that's she's not and given examples, its explained that rooting for your teammates is bad and unsportsmanlike. I guess when you dislike an athlete you argue against anything :)

I didn't see any problem with it, it's the athletes job to be aware and it's not a difference if its Weng or fans along the track that's yelling chants. Shouldn't be a difference in affecting anyone, unless its harassment language. I don't get how its disrespectful.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I strongly disagree. I got seriously pissed when I watched it + my ears were bleeding :laugh:

Btw I haven't said anything about her being a bad teammate.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
If anything Weng should keep quite about other competitors, especially when she is losing against them, as in the case with Kalla in Ruka but there are other examples too. You just come of as a sour person.

Anyway who will Norway have on the women's skate relay? Falla is given, but then it could be Haga, Björgen who else?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
If anything Weng should keep quite about other competitors, especially when she is losing against them, as in the case with Kalla in Ruka but there are other examples too. You just come of as a sour person.

Anyway who will Norway have on the women's skate relay? Falla is given, but then it could be Haga, Björgen who else?
On the other hand, she said that Kalla will win Gold in Pyeongchang and quipped that she will ask her for tips.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
On the other hand, she said that Kalla will win Gold in Pyeongchang and quipped that she will ask her for tips.

That is what I am talking about. She is all over the place with different comments (Falla too, to some extent). Just focus on your effort and say nice things about others.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
If anything Weng should keep quite about other competitors, especially when she is losing against them, as in the case with Kalla in Ruka but there are other examples too.

Like? I never heard her say much negative about anyone. Maybe she's more badass on Swedish television and in their interviews. Those times Weng actually say something it's either with a glimpse in her eye, or it's something that she intended to say, but said wrong. Like a saying she said wrong and then it became the winters phrase for the rest of Norway. She's a bit awkward in interviews.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Like? I never heard her say much negative about anyone. Maybe she's more badass on Swedish television and in their interviews. Those times Weng actually say something it's either with a glimpse in her eye, or it's something that she intended to say, but said wrong. Like a saying she said wrong and then it became the winters phrase for the rest of Norway. She's a bit awkward in interviews.

Like this, just shut-up and be nice. There are others from last season too:
Norska piken efter Charlotte Kallas succéstart

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I can't see the video, but from the text it seems like healthy banter. It's nothing, just fun. She even said it's cool that Kalla wins too, so this is claiming straws that aren't there. You're trying to make a fuzz about something that isn't there.

That is an opinion. Surprisingly Kalla is not involved in such banter, she just performs. Weng just can't shut up, the fuss is stirred by her not by me (which is an outrageous claim by you by the way). It would be just right if the journalist returned to her and asked about her opinion on her statement now. Kalla is in form for the Olympics and Weng... not so much - just some journalistic healthy banter. I mean no hard feelings as everyone should be cool with Weng not performing.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
That is an opinion. Surprisingly Kalla is not involved in such banter, she just performs. Weng just can't shut up, the fuss is stirred by her not by me (which is an outrageous claim by you by the way). It would be just right if the journalist returned to her and asked about her opinion on her statement now. Kalla is in form for the Olympics and Weng... not so much - just some journalistic healthy banter. I mean no hard feelings as everyone should be cool with Weng not performing.

It comes down to personality. Kalla doesn't say anything when she races bad or races good. That's how she is. She just performs bad or good. Weng is more open and weird. She sometimes answers funny, sometimes emotional and cries, sometimes complain about skiis and sometimes happy. That's how she is. There is no fuzz there, nobody has said anything about Weng as far as I've read, so yeah you are creating fuzz about something that no one else so far thought was nothing. The rest I guess saw it as friendly banter. Personality. Call it what you want.

The journalist should do that. And I'm sure Weng would praise Kalla as she also did in that article as well, but you chose to see it as ultra negative and drag out the friendly banter. But you like boring Kalla I suppose (even though she's a sweetheart, she's not the most interesting character). Weng would have no problem praising Kalla and "criticizing" herself, even though she's not quite sure why she hasn't been able to perform so far. She's pretty straight forward when it comes to her own races.

She doesn't mind Kalla doing good, because she's the type of athlete who like that the best athlete of the day, and the athlete who is in the best shape wins.

For us, Bjoern Daehlie was the same way as Charlotte Kalla in the 90s in terms of personality. A bit boring and methodical. Still a genuine good guy, like Kalla is a nice girl.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Team sprint will be interesting. If Kalla and Björgen can distance themselves from the rest of the field and Nilsson and Falla can set the pace themselves gold and silver for Sweden and Norway shouldn't be a problem. However if the likes of Randall, Laukanen and Neprayeva can hang on to Kalla and Björgen stuff could get really interesting. That would mean that Pärmäkoski and Diggins probably would like to set up a high pace the entire way

She doesn't mind Kalla doing good, because she's the type of athlete who like that the best athlete of the day, and the athlete who is in the best shape wins.

Besides Stina Nilsson. She does not seem to be to fond of her :D

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yes. Weng. Probably the nicest person to ever competed on skis is an "#%"##. Then again some find Trump competent so.....

Didn't expect that at all from Kalla. Team sprints are funny though. Could change for the final - she might feel fresh again.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Does the US actually have a shot at really medaling in cross country? Pretty sure its never happened

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Does the US actually have a shot at really medaling in cross country? Pretty sure its never happened

Absolutely. Diggins is very good. I would say they are the most likely team to end up 3rd. Would be shocked if they won though. Silver could happen if Kalla struggles again (even if I still think Sweden will win).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad