Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Initially I had my concerns around relevance of @Amazing Kreiderman stats of Kravtsov's contribution to Traktor's offense as compared to those high-profile Russians that made in the NHL. However, I came around on this because of how bad Traktor's offense really is. I have absolutely no doubt that Kravtsov would have significantly more points of the team had better quality to at least carry 2.2 gpg average. I mean 1.7? If you take 6-game block this average would translate to scoring 2-1-2-1-2-2.

I have concerns with anything Amazing Kreiderman does.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kreiderman, you might have said it already but your thoughts on VK coming over next year? It sounds like he wants to... but how confident are you, in him playing in the top6 right out of camp?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kreiderman, you might have said it already but your thoughts on VK coming over next year? It sounds like he wants to... but how confident are you, in him playing in the top6 right out of camp?

I am a bit more cautious with my expectations. Kravtsov will come over on a PTO if the Traktor season ends before Hartford's and if Traktor allows him to go. Remember, he's under contract until April 30th regardless of when the Traktor season ends. However, there are reasons for Kravtsov to stay in Europe, with the Euro Hockey Tour being a great opportunity for Kravtsov to get some international experience.

Regarding next season: He wants to come over. His dad told me that he wants to come over the moment the season is over, but with the expansion draft in 2021, Kravtsov might not get what he wants this season. It will most likely be a PTO, with Kravtsov being offered to play in the AHL for a few weeks. That's why I am looking at him staying in Europe as a serious option, or at least to be released by Hartford for potential international tournaments.

I can see him make the team out of camp, but I expect him to have 20-40 points in his first season. If he hits 40, I will be really happy. I know Ranger fans really want Kravtsov to be a Calder candidate, but I don't see it happening. He's simply too young and too raw in his physical development. I looked it up a few weeks ago, and Since 2004-05, only 1 player drafted 9th or lower, has hit 50 points as a rookie teenager (Anze Kopitar).

I see Kravtsov being a middle-six player in his first season, with some time in Hartford depending on our forward depth.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

You want to know something - I can promise you that there will be a lot of games next season when Kravtsov will look worse than Chytil when you decided to get on his case for “bad habits”.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You want to know something - I can promise you that there will be a lot of games next season when Kravtsov will look worse than Chytil when you decided to get on his case for “bad habits”.
That'd be unfortunate but I'd call him out just the same, if it seemed as if he was coasting

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Traktor has a 2-point lead on Sibir in the fight for the last play off spot in the East. Their remaining schedules:

Traktor:
Severstal home (21)
Severstal away (21)
Dynamo Moscow away (11)
Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod away (14)
SKA home (2)

Sibir:
Barys away (5)
Neftekhimik away (19)
Avtomobilist home (3)
Avangard away (7)

Traktor seems to have the slightly easier schedule with those 2 matchups against Severstal.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Traktor has a 2-point lead on Sibir in the fight for the last play off spot in the East. Their remaining schedules:

Traktor:
Severstal home (21)
Severstal away (21)
Dynamo Moscow away (11)
SKA home (2)

Sibir:
Barys away (5)
Neftekhimik away (19)
Avtomobilist home (3)
Avangard away (7)

Traktor seems to have the slightly easier schedule with those 2 matchups against Severstal.

Torpedo is not too far ahead and I think they have the toughest remaining schedule.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
some of you think Krav comes over for a AHL ATO/PTO if they miss KHL Playoffs?
I dunno, he might just play for Russia in the spring tournament circuit

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
some of you think Krav comes over for a AHL ATO/PTO if they miss KHL Playoffs?
I dunno, he might just play for Russia in the spring tournament circuit

They seem to be basing the idea off of rumors that Kravtsov really really wants to come over to NA as soon as possible, but signing a contract with the Rangers now isn't a great idea for the whole expansion draft thing so an ATO with Hartford to get his feet wet seems like a decent idea

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Wait, wouldn't he be protected from the expansion if he came over next year?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yes, Most of the talk is if he comes over this year and burns a year off of his elc then he would need to be protected

Yup, there's no real point of him joining the Rangers this year and burning a year off his ELC and screwing with the entry draft stuff

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Because he signs "mid season"?

Ah, found it:

An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Because he signs "mid season"?

No. If a player signs his entry level contract in the calendar year of his 20th birthday, the contract is not slide eligible.

Lias, born in 1998, signed in 2017: Slide
Chytil, born in 1999, signed in 2017: Slide
Mittelstadt, born in 1998, signed in 2018, NO Slide
Kravtsov: born in 1999, signs in 2019, NO Slide

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I apologize if this has been asked in the last couple pages, but I assume we still have the option of signing him to an ATO and playing him in Hartford without it affecting his ELC?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I apologize if this has been asked in the last couple pages, but I assume we still have the option of signing him to an ATO and playing him in Hartford without it affecting his ELC?

PTO, but yes. We could sign him to an ELC that takes effect next season and then Hartford signs him to a PTO.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

It will be a PTO since he is currently playing professional hockey, but yes. He can play in the AHL as a try-out without it affecting his ELC starting in July

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Thanks, guys!

I never realized that was the distinguishment between PTO and ATO. I always (foolishly) assumed it was based on whether you'd be playing them in the NHL or the AHL; guess I never paid much attention to those types of signings in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad