GDT: 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship/Buffalo, NY/Gold-Canada/Silver-Sweden/Bronze-United States

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Last weekend, Finland announced their roster for this summer showcase and to noones surprise one of the four goalies named was recent drafted Sabres prospect - Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.

No official word yet on the Sweden roster - hopefully both Davidsson and Weissbach are named.

3-2 win for Finland...

- Luukkonen was extremely solid in net. Two goals he allowed were impossible to save.
If you're a stream person, you can find the game. Starts about 40 minutes in.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

@SabresProspects - Five Sabres Prospects Eye World Junior Selection - http://www.sabresprospects.com/2017/07/five-eye-world-junior-selection.html

LaxSabre - All three of the United States games in the Summer Showcase - Wednesday, August 2 - vs Sweden - 4:00 pm ET -
Friday, August 4 - vs Finland - 4:00 pm ET - Saturday, August 5 - vs Canada - 7:00 pm ET - will be televised LIVE on the NHL Network.

Update - By the looks of the graphic that Dingo44 posted below - three more games will be televised LIVE on the NHL Network.
Wednesday, August 2 - Canada vs Finland - 1:00 pm ET - Friday, August 4 - Canada vs Sweden - 1:00 pm ET - Saturday, August 5 - Sweden vs Finland - 4:00 pm ET.

Update - All six games will be televised LIVE on the TSN Networks in Canada.

Last edited:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
LaxSabre - All three of the United States games in the Summer Showcase - Wednesday, August 2 - vs Sweden - 4:00 pm ET -
Friday, August 4 - vs Finland - 4:00 pm ET - Saturday, August 5 - vs Canada - 7:00 pm ET - will be televised LIVE on the NHL Network.

Just came here to post the graphic. You might see my girlfriend and I on TV!

20286838_1609347989096162_4454861565347895444_o.jpg

Deleted member 27798

Any word on when individual games are going on sale? I can't believe they are selling many of the packages when looking at the costs.

For the few games I'd like to see, i think it will be a fraction of even the cheapest package($400).

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Any word on when individual games are going on sale? I can't believe they are selling many of the packages when looking at the costs.

For the few games I'd like to see, i think it will be a fraction of even the cheapest package($400).

They will sell most of the packages to Canadians who want to guarantee themselves a chance to watch their boys. Toronto has a lot of ppl and money.

I bought a package last time and made 80% of the cost back by selling every Canadian game but USA v Canada. And for that game alone I got an offer of 300 a ticket for two seats 20 rows off the ice.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Mittelstadt vs. Luukkonen starts off the summer showcase

@SabresFanatics on twitter is going to be putting up highlights and updates.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Immediately on the score sheet

[Tweet]891346239425576961[/MEDIA]

Definitely give this account a follow if you're on twitter.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Right after setting up the 1st US goal, Mittelstadt rushes the length of the ice, he's so fast carrying the puck.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm at the game. GREAT hockey. Middlestadt with the assist against Ukko-Pekka early. Casey has looked good - no PK time but has been on the PP. He's even thrown a check and got into a scrum. Ukko-Pekka IS SO BIG and great at being in position.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Strong on puck more important than strong in gym maybe

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Middlestadt has a sick goal. All hands. Got everyone out of their seats.

Nice thing about summer hockey here - it's mostly scouts. Mike Babcock is just hanging out watching the game. Both my Red Wings fan girlfriend and are are bitter ha ha

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
So we got our Marner/W Nylander it seems. Fun times. It's funny how many names from this draft class already have ELCs and maybe one of the best of them will be in college for an year without one. Our future is amazing. Pumped. If we somehow miss playoffs and somehow land Dahlin they might as well already award us the cup for 2019-20.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I wasn't thrilled with the Davidsson pick. I prefer with high second round picks to take guys with higher ceilings. He played ok yesterday for Sweden, positional play is his strength, good skater, smart but limited offensively. We already had Asplund who is similar but better. D Robin Salo looked really good for the Finns, he didn't go much later than Davidsson. I also liked Grant Mishmash who went late 2nd round.

US dman Quinn Hughes is pretty special, he's going to be next year's Makar. It was just one summer exhibition game but Hughes looked better than Dahlin, who looked good himself but didn't show much of his flash.

Liljegren had a strong game, he's going to be an offensive force as a PP QB. He had a couple defensive goofs but wound up with 1G 1A +2. Hate that the Leafs got him so low.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Top-6 talent is set for years if both Middlestadt and Nylander pan out. Having solid bottom-6 and defensive depth is what comes next. I understand liking higher ceilings for 2nd rounders, but I'd call the pick very responsible drafting.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Back at USA Hockey Arena! USA Blue vs Finland. Ukko-Pekka is backing up. No Sabres in this game but Middlestadt plays Marcus Davidsson, Rasmus Dahlin, and Sweden at 4. $5 gets you both games!
Sean Day playing for Team Blue. Watched this kid a lot in Windsor this year. Cannot believe he slipped to the third. I really wish we grabbed him.
You guys in Buffalo should think about driving over for next Saturday. You get both Finland - Sweden and USA - Canada for $15! This is some of the best fastest hockey I've seen - plus it's fun to spot all of the scouts, plus Mike Babcock is at every game. Keith Tkachuk is here too!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00