Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Right now we have two high-end D prospects/young players(Chabot and Brannstrom) and one high end winger prospect(Tkachuk).

We need to focus on getting a couple of high-end center prospects in the 2020 and 2021 drafts.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Brännström does have some experience playing the right side despite being a left shot. I haven't had a lot of viewings on him but it frequently happens when he's running the PP for the Wolves...

Reactions: Brannstorm

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Right now we have two high-end D prospects/young players(Chabot and Brannstrom) and one high end winger prospect(Tkachuk).

We need to focus on getting a couple of high-end center prospects in the 2020 and 2021 drafts.

2 high end d prospects/players and 2 high end players/prospects in Tkachuk/Batherson

Brown is PPG in his AHL rookie year, that garners similar attention too, imo.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Brännström does have some experience playing the right side despite being a left shot. I haven't had a lot of viewings on him but it frequently happens when he's running the PP for the Wolves...
Babcock likes this idea. I think Lidtsrom was left shot played right side.

I feel like once a certain talent level is reached the D-man could be able to learn the other side especially if they start young. Good to hear Brannstrom already does this from time to time. That would be one wicked power-play from the back end if this kid turns out.

Jhero

Jun 29, 2007
I feel we've added so many prospects in the past couple days lol. Time to update prospect rankings

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I just counted and 22 of our 48 contracts are ELC now. Crazy. And I suspect that number will grow soon enough with Norris, JBD, Daccord.

Has anyone heard anything about those two kids playing NCAA, Kuffner and Veronneau? I thought I saw an article mentioning them not long ago. Maybe in the Sun? Are they eligible to offer contracts to? Both Ottawa kids.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yup Norris keeps getting forgotten. He’s better than white

Dorion evaluated Norris as having the same upside as white on the radio... a top 3 centre.

I actually agree with Dorion there, and it sucks Brown, White, Norris are all gonna be OK centres but we need someone with that number 1 C upside bad. Hopefully we get one with the sens first rounder in the draft.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
1. Brannstrom
2. Batherson
3. Brown
4. Formenton
5. JBD
6. Norris
7. Balcers
8. Chlapik
9. Wolanin
10. Abramov
11. Davidsson
12. Tychonick

Gustavsson
Hogberg
Daccord

That's a really deep pool of very good prospects. Only one guy that's elite, but none the less, there are a lot of promising guys in that group.

Add to that, Tkachuk, Chabot, White, Jaros, Lajoie and we definitely have potential to be a good team once again.

At least following the teams prospects will be entertaining...

Reactions: DrEasy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
1. Brannstrom
2. Batherson
3. Brown
4. Formenton
5. JBD
6. Norris
7. Balcers
8. Chlapik
9. Wolanin
10. Abramov
11. Davidsson
12. Tychonick

Gustavsson
Hogberg
Daccord

That's a really deep pool of very good prospects. Only one guy that's elite, but none the less, there are a lot of promising guys in that group.

Add to that, Tkachuk, Chabot, White, Jaros, Lajoie and we definitely have potential to be a good team once again.

At least following the teams prospects will be entertaining...

I’ve always thought we had an intelligent market that could certainly get behind a proper rebuild. The most glaring holes in that pool are a surefire #1 centre, another top line winger and maybe another RHD. No small task but it’s already quite stacked.

I’d be quite exited about the pool moving forward (particularly after the 2020 draft) if we could have any confidence the owner would pay to keep these guys.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Call me jaded... but it is really hard to be excited about draft picks and top prospects after what has gone down over the last year. I joined HFBoards in 2011 when we started our first “rebuild.” Similar to this year we had a promising group of young players along with a handful of draft picks. Well here we are, 8 years later, and none of those marquee prospects/ young players remain. The players we drafted the next two years have all been traded with exception to 2 (Pageau and Ceci).

All this because we have an owner who will not and cannot pay players what they are worth. It is extremely hard to get attached or excited about what we have and what we received when you know the process is likely to repeat in a few years. We can only hope Melnyk sells the team and someone who can actually afford to create a winning product takes over. Otherwise we’re stuck in this cycle.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
If we had not traded for Duchene last year, you could take out Abramov and Davidsson from that list, add Bowers and Hughes/Kakko/Cozens and the rebuild would almost be over. Maybe even more prospects from trading Turris.

It would just be a matter of getting experience in the league.

I know, hindsight, but just needed to vent after today. To think how one trade delayed our rebuild so significantly though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If we had not traded for Duchene last year, you could take out Abramov and Davidsson from that list, add Bowers and Hughes/Kakko/Cozens and the rebuild would almost be over. Maybe even more prospects from trading Turris.

It would just be a matter of getting experience in the league.

I know, hindsight, but just needed to vent after today. To think how one trade delayed our rebuild so significantly though.

Trading for Duchene was obviously a mistake, I thought we paid too much at the time but I never expected it to backfire this badly.

Reactions: Silvernon and h2

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That would be incredible because White is having a great year as an NHL rookie.
Playing next to stone. Sure he’s been alright. I just think norris has a good chance to surpass him. Hopefully he recovers well from this injury

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Playing next to stone. Sure he’s been alright. I just think norris has a good chance to surpass him. Hopefully he recovers well from this injury

If you aren't able to appreciate how good White is based on how he plays/moves/thinks then I don't know what to say.

The guy is going to be dynamite.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad