Line Combos: 2018-19 Roster Thread - Perry who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
There's also just wear and tear on his body. He's an 19 year old banging around off significantly bigger and stronger men. He may not be ready for 82 games of that just yet.

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
I’m perfectly happy not giving Lundestrom heavy minutes on a Cogs/Kesler shutdown line. Let him not get his confidence shattered playing against top lines. I think if Terry had been given 3rd line minutes the entire time he’d be in much better shape. He still needs to go down, but getting out onto the top line and being overwhelmed, then getting absolutely zero help from Rakell after Getzlaf went down hasn’t done him any favors.
I don't think he'd lose confidence in playing against the top lines, he's not that type of guy. Instead that'd be a learning experience. And it's not that he'd be doing that for the rest of the season, most certainly.

On that topic, I don't really like the idea of playing Lundestrom on the wing. As his SHL coach wisely put it at the beginning of last year, when people were questioning the decision on letting him play C in a fairly important role, instead of putting him out on the wing to lower the risks:
"Well, if you want him to develop as a C, you've got to let him play C". Seems to have worked out well.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Well he's right if the shot disparity remains lopsided, but you'd think that replacing out rookies/worst forwards with Getz, Eaves, and Kase is pretty significant. That's basically a first line for us.
Guy probably thinks Edmonton is due to breakout at any moment too. These people are so clueless, they look at stats with zero context

GiveYouABagOfPucks

Jan 29, 2015
Hey all. The cap situation seems a bit frustrating this year for us. With “rumors” Josh Anderson from Columbus is unhappy with ice time and us rolling 4 lines this year. How would we feel about trading Cogs for Anderson? The cap relief would allow us to end the Ritchie holdout and maybe there is a slightly better chance at resigning Silf? Josh will bring size and speed to the lineup as well as some good goal scoring off the wing. Having him and Ritchie in the lineup will make us much tougher to play against while also being more of a threat offensively. Josh would likely push one of our youngsters down to either the A or juniors which could really help one of our prospects who are teetering in the NHL.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
While I would like to have Anderson and Cogs haven`t looked too great so far this year, I`m not sure this would be the best deal. Cogs is a staple to our PKing.

I can see pluses and minuses in this deal, perhaps I don`t know enough about Anderson to make a decision.

Reactions: GiveYouABagOfPucks

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hey all. The cap situation seems a bit frustrating this year for us. With “rumors” Josh Anderson from Columbus is unhappy with ice time and us rolling 4 lines this year. How would we feel about trading Cogs for Anderson? The cap relief would allow us to end the Ritchie holdout and maybe there is a slightly better chance at resigning Silf? Josh will bring size and speed to the lineup as well as some good goal scoring off the wing. Having him and Ritchie in the lineup will make us much tougher to play against while also being more of a threat offensively. Josh would likely push one of our youngsters down to either the A or juniors which could really help one of our prospects who are teetering in the NHL.

I wonder if they'd have interest in a Ritchie/Anderson swap.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Lightning fan here. Just curious how Sustr has been working out for you. He was unbelievably frustrating for us to watch on the ice but he always seemed like a good guy so I’d be happy to see him turn things around with the change of scene.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Lightning fan here. Just curious how Sustr has been working out for you. He was unbelievably frustrating for us to watch on the ice but he always seemed like a good guy so I’d be happy to see him turn things around with the change of scene.

I like him more than a lot of Ducks fans seem to. He's got some offensive upside. But I think Schenn probably has him beat for the No. 6 spot, so he'll be a healthy scratch a lot.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

Pretty much the same as he was in Tampa. He's too soft and too much of an adventure for us to pair with a young player that already has similar qualities (Pettersson). Luke Schenn has provided better overall play and plays more within his limits, which is a better fit for our 3rd pair.

That's just my take, not sure how the coach feels as he still seems to be flip-flopping between Sustr and Schenn for that spot.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

His ability to move the puck has actually surpassed my expectations at times but overall he's definitely lived up to the descriptions from Lightning fans. He's been our worst D (behind the top 4, Schenn, Pettersson) in my opinion. Heavy feet yet doesn't bring any physical presence.

So far most seem to agree that Schenn has been able to give us pretty steady bottom pair minutes while Sustr has has his struggles. If that continues I'd imagine the latter will find himself spending more time in the press box.

Reactions: Doothpick

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Pretty much as advertised. Him and Schenn are fighting it out for the last spot. I think I prefer Schenn for the most part but against teams with a lot of speed Sustr is probably a better option.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
So at the beginning of the year, Murray talked about putting Silf on the left since we had so many quality RWs. Fast forward to today, and our top 4 RWs (Perry, Kase, Silf, Eaves) are all injured (jury still out on Silf at the moment).

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

He's not Bieksa bad like some Lightning fans implied when they came to our board in the offseason, but he's definitely not very good. Ideally he's 8th or so on the depth chart. He's not someone you want in the lineup with any regularity, but if he's able to play simple, he seems better. My issue with him, so far, is that he tries to jump on the play too often. He's much more talented than Schenn, but Schenn plays within his limits better so I prefer him.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Comtois-Steel-Rakell
Lundestrom-Henrique-Terry
Cogliano-Kesler-Sherwood
Gibbons-Street-Blandisi

Good God. I picture Ritchie sitting at home with a pile of voodoo dolls and a box of needles.

Reactions: Boogernaut

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
So as of now the injury list is, if I'm correct:

Getzlaf
Perry
Eaves
Kase
Slifverberg
Rowney
Jones
Kossila
Roy
Jones
(Holzer)

This is 5 games into season, granted that some of those are carryovers from before that. One starts to wonder for how many years this can keep happening for it to be just bad luck or whether there's something wrong with the way the team trains or plays. :huh:

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
^ Is that possibly good news on one of the injury fronts, or just a paper move to save a few shekels before calling someone up in time for Wednesday?

Maybe both? But, hopefully it means Getzlaf will be back soon. It's a good thing the Ducks have a couple of days off.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So as of now the injury list is, if I'm correct:

Getzlaf
Perry
Eaves
Kase
Slifverberg
Rowney
Jones
Kossila
Roy
Jones
(Holzer)

This is 5 games into season, granted that some of those are carryovers from before that. One starts to wonder for how many years this can keep happening for it to be just bad luck or whether there's something wrong with the way the team trains or plays. :huh:
Do we have 2 jones... or is he so injured he got listed twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad