NBA 2018-19 Regular Season Thread Part II

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Haven't been here in a while but

-Nuggets are the dark horse right now for sure. I think they can take GSW
-The League needs Zion to the Knicks or Bulls, Hawks or Cavs simply won't do
-Everyone else has said enough about Lebron in this thread already. I'll just add all the lakers needed to do was sign George and Cousins
-Raptors should win it all this year. I don't know why they lose to Detroit so much.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Got to wonder how much that injury last year got to Hayward. Seems like he was good with Utah then that injury happens, hasn't been the same player since.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What’s Really Wrong With the Boston Celtics?

These days, Irving plays lackadaisical defense, and unfocused offense. Sources around the team told me that Irving’s persona has changed, too: He’s become disengaged and detached from those around the team. There is talk that Irving’s friendships on the team start and end with Tatum, with whom he shares an agent.

Not at all shocked Irving is disengaged from the team. Despite what he's said since he landed in Boston, I never really believed what he said. I don't think he's ever been super committed to the team and doesn't rate them any higher than the other teams in terms of free agent destinations.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Haven't been here in a while but

-Nuggets are the dark horse right now for sure. I think they can take GSW
-The League needs Zion to the Knicks or Bulls, Hawks or Cavs simply won't do
-Everyone else has said enough about Lebron in this thread already. I'll just add all the lakers needed to do was sign George and Cousins
-Raptors should win it all this year. I don't know why they lose to Detroit so much.
1. Denver is good for sure but no way they beat GSW.
2. Zion on the Hawks with Young and Collins would be very entertaining.
3. Don’t care
4. GS is the favorite and will be until they lose

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
He should’ve never left the jazz, sucks watching him now compared to 2 years ago. Man was he ever good against gsw in the playoffs

He is coming off a serious injury while trying to fit into a new team. Too son to judge him as everyone doesn't automatically bounce back...if it all

The media has been all over trae young tho. I think Ayton is the one who has been getting no attention

Both teams are trash. Young has been ballin' lately and has the star potential a town like Atlanta badly needs. I would have kept Doncic but I understand the appeal for Atlanta and they haven't made out too bad.

Speaking of ballin', Luke Kennard and my Pistons. God bless Stan Van Gundy for his honesty but he couldn't develop draft picks or just missed altogether.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Clippers aren’t gonna make the Finals but they are building something here.

For a team that was supposed to ‘tank’ near or at the trade deadline, they are playing really good basketball.

Doc Rivers best work since he won the chip in 08.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Watch him turn it on in playoffs.

He probably will so teams can be re-assured he's still the explosive player who was an absolute beast during the 2016 finals.

For a team that was supposed to ‘tank’ near or at the trade deadline, they are playing really good basketball.

Rivers beings tripped of his GM powers was the best decision Ballmer has made as owner.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Yep agree. Not only as they playing well now they have a solid base for the future (obviously missing star power but they got a lot of good players). SGA, Robinson, Shamet, Trezz, Zubac.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The fact the Kings couldn't snag 1-2 out of the 4 with the Clippers will ultimately be their downfall if they don't get in.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yep agree. Not only as they playing well now they have a solid base for the future (obviously missing star power but they got a lot of good players). SGA, Robinson, Shamet, Trezz, Zubac.

Clippers this offseason have about 2 slots for some max contracts, they do have young players on the team plus a great head coach.

Gotta give Jerry West credit, he’s doing what he done in Golden State and applying it here.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Big statement from Boston.

Was nice to see Hayward have that big game.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Harden turning it on in the 4th.

Not a shabby end to the road trip. Convincing wins in Boston and Toronto. Sixers coming to town Friday. Tried to get tix through the lottery at work but no dice. I won the ones for the Suns game next Friday lol. Oh well, cheaper.

Reactions: darko

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
So my Pistons have won 10 of 12 and are the hottest team in the league over the last month. Maybe we'll even make the playoffs! :hyper:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad