Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I prefer "Dude" (where's Makar).

2wn6eu.jpg

And then?...

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
He’ll probably wear 4 since no one will have it starting next season :naughty::sarcasm:
haha, I know your jking but its a little early for that but I've been thinking besides the fact EJs contract will be unmovable and Barrie's raise. would there be a place for Barrie yet if Makar became a True #1 TWD.? one issue would be size since Makar will be max 6' then Barrie on the 2nd pair at 5'10 Girard 5'10 on the left side in the top 4 . that's a small top 3 of your top 4 Also gives no spot for Meloche unless he plays left side and its not counting Timmins but I'm going to leave him out. we would have to mix our pairings up quite abit IMO to make it work size wise. so ultimately unless others can think up a way it could work. It does make him pretty much the odd man out if Makar can take his spot essentially. I am very curious what we could realistically get for him.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
EJ or Barrie can they play LHD?

Ej- Makar (or Makar-EJ now i remember Makar like play LHD)
Zadorov-Barrie
Girard-Meloche
#7 Cole

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
EJ or Barrie can they play LHD?

Ej- Makar (or Makar-EJ now i remember Makar like play LHD)
Zadorov-Barrie
Girard-Meloche
#7 Cole

The guy they're paying $4.25 mil will not be the #7 D. I see next year's D looking like this:
Girard - EJ
Zadorov - Barrie
Cole - Makar
#7 Graves
#8 Meloche (mostly with the Eagles)

Makar will probably earn more minutes throughout the year, but I see no reason not to ease him in on the 3rd pairing.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
The guy they're paying $4.25 mil will not be the #7 D. I see next year's D looking like this:
Girard - EJ
Zadorov - Barrie
Cole - Makar
#7 Graves
#8 Meloche (mostly with the Eagles)

Makar will probably earn more minutes throughout the year, but I see no reason not to ease him in on the 3rd pairing.

Agreed, yes I fully expect him to become the best dman on the team possibly within the next season, but that doesn't mean we should rush him.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Girard was assigned the #1 LD spot in his first game with us and kept it ever since so why shouldn't Makar be given the same opportunity? Makar is going to join us as an older, bigger, stronger, and far superior player than G was when he played his 1st NHL game. We should let Makar prove himself in TC and pre-season as to where he should play to start the season versus holding him back in the lineup and babying him. Personally I've watched enough of Makar this season to know that he will come in and be our #1 or #2 D as soon as he steps on the ice.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Girard was assigned the #1 LD spot in his first game with us and kept it ever since so why shouldn't Makar be given the same opportunity? Makar is going to join us as an older, bigger, stronger, and far superior player than G was when he played his 1st NHL game. We should let Makar prove himself in TC and pre-season as to where he should play to start the season versus holding him back in the lineup and babying him. Personally I've watched enough of Makar this season to know that he will come in and be our #1 or #2 D as soon as he steps on the ice.
I don't know. Easing him into a top 4 role is not the worse idea in the world. Atleast give the kid 15-20 games to get his feet wet before putting him on the top unit to face the star players of the other team. Its a rare thing to go from College hockey defense to the NHL and be successful. I mean McAvoy has done it with relative ease and we should all hope Cale can do the same.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Because development is not linear...as Girard was an early bloomer, while Cale is a late bloomer...one who has come a long way since being drafted but still has a long way to go, and one who has needed a season(ish) to adjust to the new level of competition in both the NCAA & AJHL.

As for the bolded, that's bullshit. Until you've seen him actually do so in the NHL, there's no amount of watching him that would be enough to "know" such a thing...even if he had a history of hitting the ground running at each new level. Hopefully that happens, but expecting it is silly & guaranteeing it is sillier still.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
McAvoy made the jump without any issues and looked solid in the playoffs, however Makar is clearly the superior player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad