• Willcox, Reece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wylie, Wyatte

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem with Strome is either he learns to skate and is a top 6 forward or he's out of the NHL.
Just no place in today's NHL for a slow checking forward.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Laberge definitely has a lot to prove but if you just look at his numbers it won't tell the whole story. We shall see but imo if he doesn't take that nasty hit then he falls somewhere in 5-8 range of our prospects

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Sticking with Sushko.

Quite a few forwards are garnering votes. I'm surprised there isn't a more vocal faction for him. 10th in World Junior scoring this past tournament. Only a good, not great, OHL season may be holding him back here.

Pascal Laberge has more votes even. People clearly love hanging on to draft position in these polls.

Laberge definitely has a lot to prove but if you just look at his numbers it won't tell the whole story. We shall see but imo if he doesn't take that nasty hit then he falls somewhere in 5-8 range of our prospects

Yeah, but he did take the hit. Now he puts up pedestrian numbers in the Q and even got traded by a contender for scraps. It's unfortunate. Head injuries are terrible. Voting for him here is wrong, though.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

If "if's" & "buts" were fruit and nuts we'd have Christmas every day of the year.

And no, this doesn't mean I don't have any sympathy for the kid. He's had a tough run and has shown a ton of character - I respect the hell out of him and wish him the best. But we are assessing their potential as hockey players given WHERE THEY ARE NOW. Counter-factual's and what-ifs dont play a part.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Ginning coming on strong!

giphy.gif

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
So then Morin must be rated so highly based on what ifs and all that Christmas nonsense since he hasn't really done anything so far. He should be much lower in the rankings.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Trust me I don't have a hard on for Laberge I just think the potential is still there. I'm going with Cates or Kalynuk next round. Where did we rank him every year since his draft? Just out of curiosity to see how far he's fallen.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Always some hope but consistently average or below average seasons hasn’t helped. That and the injury problems

Careful, I was told injuries don't matter for prospects (at least not Morin) earlier in the voting. But I do agree he hasn't really improved the way you would like to have seen, I just think that with the injuries and the potential he had pre-injury that he can still be a solid prospect moving forward.

What is there to give you hope?

He's still a decent prospect. We are at #15 not #5 here. If he had progressed the way we'd hoped he would be in the top five right now and probably have a shot at the NHL this year. Strome I can understand because of his high ceiling, but at this rate looking at the voting it looks like Laberge may not even be top 20 when all is said and done.

Reactions: WheresMySnare

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He's still a decent prospect. We are at #15 not #5 here. If he had progressed the way we'd hoped he would be in the top five right now and probably have a shot at the NHL this year. Strome I can understand because of his high ceiling, but at this rate looking at the voting it looks like Laberge may not even be top 20 when all is said and done.

He isn't a decent prospect at this point. He really shouldn't be in the top-25 let alone top-20. His chances of playing an NHL game are so slim. He doesn't play a game suited for a bottom-6 role, but he doesn't have the skill to be in the top-6.

It happens, not every pick will work out.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Lol how about we let him play a year or two in the AHL before we say hes not going to pan out. Sheesh!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad