2018-19 Blackhawks Roster Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I don’t think moving Schmaltz to Kane’s wing solves any of his issues right now. He needs to stop looking off of 88 so much and get the puck to the net himself. I would have explored dropping him to the third line first for a few games and telling him to fire at will. Think he needs to find his own game away from 88. Sikura can finish and is a PPG player in Rockford right now (sample size I know), wouldn’t mind seeing him get a call:

DeBrincat - Toews - Kahun
Sikura - Anisimov - Kane
Hayden - Schmaltz - Saad*
Kunitz - Kruger - Kampf

*Saad could also be scratched in favor of a kid for the time being.

If your set on moving him to wing for a bit, I would have put him on Johnny’s line. Those two had a good amount of success and chemistry together. Think that could make for a terrific top line:

DeBrincat - Toews - Schmaltz
Kahun - Anisimov - Kane

Reactions: djeck42

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Regardless of who’s scratched, this team is 2-3 players shy in depth. Just keep Hayden in and see what happens.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Regardless of who’s scratched, this team is 2-3 players shy in depth. Just keep Hayden in and see what happens.

partially because Q and Stan think that the likes of Kunitz, Martinsen and Manning should stunt the growth of players with some potential in Rockford.

ridiculous, those three plugs are not NHL players

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Manning is an NHL player. He has proved it the last three seasons in Philly. He has a couple of rough games and everyone is ready to write him off. Good Lord, it’s been six freaking games in a brand new system.

He is much better than Davidson. Hopefully this benching is only for a game or two.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Manning is an NHL player. He has proved it the last three seasons in Philly. He has a couple of rough games and everyone is ready to write him off. Good Lord, it’s been six freaking games in a brand new system.

He is much better than Davidson. Hopefully this benching is only for a game or two.

couple rough games?

the guy has been an abomination in 5 of 6 games and the other game he was a border line AHL/NHL player.

The hawks would be better off with Davidson and any one of three defenders in Rockford instead of Manning. I would be willing to bet Chris Chelios would be a better option than Manning at this moment.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

The only reason you've only had a few rough games is because you've only played a few games. Each one of them was rough.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Sorry but he has been terrible. Wouldn't shock me if they try to trade him (if they can).

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Please send someone from management to London to light a fire under Boqvist. He's been a major disappointment. -3 plus/minus after 7 games, 0 goals, 4 assists, gets caught up ice far too often, looks disinterested. I know he needs time to get used to the smaller ice surface, but even still he's a liability and that's with his junior team. Quite frustrating...

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Please send someone from management to London to light a fire under Boqvist. He's been a major disappointment. -3 plus/minus after 7 games, 0 goals, 4 assists, gets caught up ice far too often, looks disinterested. I know he needs time to get used to the smaller ice surface, but even still he's a liability and that's with his junior team. Quite frustrating...
I watched the whole Traverse City Tournament and was completely and thoroughly underwhelmed. Missed the preseason games traveling outside of the country in which he supposedly was very good per reports from our fellow posters here.

Aside from an adjustment period, which includes everything from playing in a different country with a different language to the smaller rink, three other possibilities exist. First, he doesn’t play well with lesser talent. Second, he isn’t mature enough yet, being quite young and slight. Third, he isn’t as good as advertised.

I’m hoping the last possibility isn’t it.

Reactions: nelli27

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The DeBrincat-Toews-Kahun line is one of the best lines in the league so far this season.

It’s producing at the same rate at 5v5 as the Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line, and it has given up one fewer goal. It is outproducing Nashville’s top line.

It is also dominating possession at just 2% less than the Boston super line.

Conversely, LeftWingLock credits the Saad-Schmaltz-Kane line with just one 5v5 goal and two against and with being underwater in Corsi.

Also, interestingly, Q has given Kane and Schmaltz an average of about 2 more even strength minutes per game over last season. Toews even strength ice time is nearly identical to last year, but is averaging a full minute less than Schmaltz.

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ I think it's safe to say that Toews style means he expends more energy on a typical shift than either 8 or 88, so it's not really surprising if his ice time is slightly below either of those players. 8 also has a very efficient, effortless skating style.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
/\ I think it's safe to say that Toews style means he expends more energy on a typical shift than either 8 or 88, so it's not really surprising if his ice time is slightly below either of those players. 8 also has a very efficient, effortless skating style.

That’s a good point and it’s a logical explanation for Q giving him less 5v5 time despite significantly better production.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Agree. Also, the obvious energy expended on the PK, which Kane never sniffs, and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad